Thread: female drivers

i will soon be driving a limousine in a city of about 120,000 people. i will be the only female driver in the city. i'm hoping to hear from other female drivers out there to find out how people react when a woman steps out of the limo to open their door.
    also, what kind of uniform is typical of a female limousine driver?
    thanks all!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AmyTbay:
    i will soon be driving a limousine in a city of about 120,000 people. i will be the only female driver in the city. i'm hoping to hear from other female drivers out there to find out how people react when a woman steps out of the limo to open their door.
    also, what kind of uniform is typical of a female limousine driver?
    thanks all!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Call Dornan Uniforms in New York at 1-800-223-0363. Dean Schuler

I have my own limousine service in a city of about 1 million people. Believe it or not, people enjoy having a female chauffeur. I do not wear a uniform, per se. I wear a dark pantsuit or dress with a jacket, sometimes heels, never a tie but either a tuxedo shirt or a nice regular buttoned shirt with a fancy button cover. If you are driving for someone, you may want to see what their uniform policy is for the company.

At the risk of appearing sexist, here's an observation I noticed and it comes from the hip: when you have for example a night out that incurs overtime, females chauffeurs are much better at collecting than the men. Seems they have fewer problems with folks trying to con or sweet talk them out of that extra half-hour or hour. Never asked why!

Otherwise, a professional and well-groomed chauffeur of either gender is worth their weight in gold!

thanks for easing my mind, everyone.
    alot of people have said that being a female would even work to my advantage but i wanted to hear it straight from those who really know.

Our company employes 3 female chauffeurs and each one of them receives more requests and better tips than the male drivers. Also I agree with above. Female drivers have less problems collecting and tend to go overtime more often. Our female drivers love working for us. In answer to your second question. The female drivers whear the same uniform as the males but they have a skirt option.

------------------
    Brandy Fuller
    Owner S.L.S.

Good Luck, Amy! I have about 7 years now in this business and I still love it. The customers generally "make friends" more easily with the women. However, you must play to the wives! This is important as wives have a lot of influence on their husbands. Dress accordingly and always act professionally. Be reliable and on time. This will get you farther than anything else you can do.

When I started, this was more of a man's world and the male drivers in Dallas were not too anxious to talk to me. Now they want my farmouts!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AmyTbay:
    thanks for easing my mind, everyone.
    alot of people have said that being a female would even work to my advantage but i wanted to hear it straight from those who really know.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>