Thread: Limo Bob??

Has anyone had Limo Bob build an 180 inch lincoln stretch for them?? how was the quality. workmanship and the reliability of the vehicle. Did Limo Bob stand behind his product?? how long did he take to build it?

Ahh famous LimoBob -- I knew it was only a matter of time before he was mentioned here. I have not heard anything about him with exception to what I've heard on Jenny Jones and the like. I believe his company name is "Star Limousine" based out of Darien IL. (Chicago burb).

Anyone else?

Hi,
    Re- your question on Limo Bob, after looking at several adds (Limo Bob,Westwind, etc) it would appear to me that they are not manufacturers but middlemen who have them built by manufacturers and as the photo's in Limo Bobs adds look remarkably like the cars built by Ultra it would not supprise me if they were, someone out there must have factual evidence as to whether this is the case and post the true answer, however you can't fail to notice the prices for the conversions which in turn begs the question as to what you get for your money, the main builders for this size car are Ultra, Craftsmen (until last year ?) and Legendary,
    I was burned by Legendary only last year, so my advice ? think very hard about it, if you want a bad car, no warrantee and an abusive after sales service go to Legendary.

I spoke to Limo Bob and was told that they are building their own limos now. They just started building in 2000 and so far according to them have built 8. I think I will stay away from Limo Bob since he doesn't have much experience building the 180 inch and the two he recently built, he decided to go with white interior including seats..not very smart in this business.

What are your thoughts on Ultra, they seem to have a good price for their 180inch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Happy Limousine:
    I spoke to Limo Bob and was told that they are building their own limos now. They just started building in 2000 and so far according to them have built 8. I think I will stay away from Limo Bob since he doesn't have much experience building the 180 inch and the two he recently built, he decided to go with white interior including seats..not very smart in this business.

What are your thoughts on Ultra, they seem to have a good price for their 180inch.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Happy:

If you want a great long limousine with a great warranty and folks that back up with service after the sale checkout Craftsmen Limousine in Springfield MO. I purchased a Navigator Super Stretch from Bob Haswell at Craftsmen and it's a super car with superior workmanship.

------------------
    Wade Randolph

Hi Wade,
    If you check out Bobs site you will find that he is only building on SUV's now
    (unless he's changed his mind) so Happy will have to go elswhere to get a 180" limo which is a shame because Bob did used to build good cars and he used to be not involved with Ultra and Legendary who I would avise Happy not to go to, in fact Happy, you should read some of the comments on the other parts of this site, it may help you with information that may be of use in your decision. As for Bob Haswell, well I hope he wakes up to not needing the other two as he is quite capeable of going it alone.