Thread: Ideas for washing glasses

Hi everyone! I am a driver for a small limo company (4 cars). We are interested in some type of dishwasher (portable or countertop) to put our glassware in or some ideas on how other companies maintain their glassware. Any ideas or comments on equipment would highly be appreciated as I have been put in charge of this issue. Maybe it's because I am the one who has been harping on the glasses and the way we handle them now!! Or, maybe it's because I am the only female in the company!! LOL

MTG parts has a nifty storage box for extra glasses, etc. 1-800-36-26224 .
    Dean Schuler

Here's one: Compact Dish Washer
    We have baby bottle brushes (with a sponge on one side) and we hand wash all of ours with regular dish soap. Takes us approx. 15 minutes to wash and dry all glasses from a 10-pack.

Hey Gabby, Welcome to the Forum!

Here is another discussion we had on this topic:
    Cleaning glasses during run

The company I work for has not ever had any sort of dishwasher in 20 years of operation. It's always been left up to each driver what to use and how to clean them. With varying success mind you.

My own program: Windex and two new squares of paper towles per glass (never use the same paper towles on any two glasses) Been doing that about 7 years and have yet to get any comments or complaints.

Many of the other drivers use a mixture of Isopropyl alcohol and water, but that is basically what windex is, plus amonia.

Our cars carry TWO sets of glassware, the cars are cleaned in between hires and so are the glasses. Simple ?

Alimo, then they all get cleaned in a dishwasher at the end of the night right?

We supply enough glasses for each run , and then at the end of the night when brought back in , they are put in the dishwasher. Who ever is the last one to fill it turns it on. When I get in in the AM , I take out all clean glasses , store them and then place any other dirty ones that didn't fit in to the dishwasher and the cycle continues.

Thanks everyone for your responses! Our manager decided to get a portable dishwasher so the glasses can be sterilized in the hottest temp. Right now we wash our glasses in the bathroom sink as it is the only sink in the shop. As far as washing between jobs I'm not sure what the other drivers do. I generally provide the glassware for weddings and then in the evening at the next job (usually a bar hop), I have plastic that looks like real glass just in case but clients who are drinking in most cases bring a bunch of stuff anyway or don't seem to notice or care. We are fortunate (due to the scheduler allowing time between runs) to be able to return to the shop before another run so I don't think it is a big issue there.

I thought that over time those glasses need a good sterilizing because God knows what they have probably been through.