Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limowiz 4.2

I need help finding a copy of limowiz Version 4.2. I have a copy and have aa missing text file.

Can any one help

If you need help with the LimoWiz software , please go our website at: http://www.limowiz.com

Creative Software
    support@limowiz.com

Speaking of LimoWiz, I have been following it for a few months and it has improved significantly. There are still printer problems (we use Lexmark and it will not accept commands to use a specific paper tray) and some of the reports are still nothing to write home about, but there are some excellent features in this software. Is anybody out there using it in a reasonable-sized oepration (5 cars up) that can tell us how capable this program is or isn't?

Also, a month or so ago someone was one here talking about a resurrection of Livery Coach software. I believe Dennis Adams of Celebrity Limousine outside Philadelphia acquired the rights to the code for Livery Coach (his company has used Livery Coach for sometime, apparently successfully) and is re-introducing some version of it at the Las Vegas Show. Livery Coach was a very robust program with an interesting interface and the publisher met its demise before I could get my hands on this software. My understanding is that Dennis is putting some bucks into the reincarnation of this software and we're looking forward to seeing what he's done with it. This post is NOT an invitation to Dean and Wade to bash the old publishers - let's see if Dennis has been able to build on the skeleton of Livery Coach. Obviously, he's not stupid and wouldn't be putting money into this package unless his company's experience has been good enough to warrant it (Let's remember what Windows 3.0 was like). This industry needs a robust software package, and although several companies are plodding along and producing vastly improved software, most of the programs are seriously deficient in a number of respects and do not adapt well to existing operations. As I have said before, NLA needs a Technology Committee to define the industry's requirements for reservations/dispatch/accounting software since so many of these software developers are wandering about in the woods trying to figure out what we want.

[This message has been edited by jhj (edited 12-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jhj:
    Speaking of LimoWiz, I have been following it for a few months and it has improved significantly. There are still printer problems (we use Lexmark and it will not accept commands to use a specific paper tray) and some of the reports are still nothing to write home about, but there are some excellent features in this software. Is anybody out there using it in a reasonable-sized oepration (5 cars up) that can tell us how capable this program is or isn't?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim:

If you checkout LimoWiz's website they have a list of about 100 operators that are using the software. I spoke to a Florida operator that runs over 40 cars and he swears by the program. I called a couple other smaller operators and they loved the program also. What i really like about the program is that is seperates Contacts, Customer, and Passengers. It also has nice routing lines instead of just pickup and drop off information. I called Jamal on the phone and he is willing to write just about any report that you could want. I havent purchased the program yet but I'm seriously considering it. And Jim why do you want to take my fun away from me by not letting me bash livery coach? Just kidding.

------------------
    Wade Randolph

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jhj:
    Also, a month or so ago someone was one here talking about a resurrection of Livery Coach software. I believe Dennis Adams of Celebrity Limousine outside Philadelphia acquired the rights to the code for Livery Coach (his company has used Livery Coach for sometime, apparently successfully) and is re-introducing some version of it at the Las Vegas Show. Livery Coach was a very robust program with an interesting interface and the publisher met its demise before I could get my hands on this software. My understanding is that Dennis is putting some bucks into the reincarnation of this software and we're looking forward to seeing what he's done with it. This post is NOT an invitation to Dean and Wade to bash the old publishers - let's see if Dennis has been able to build on the skeleton of Livery Coach. Obviously, he's not stupid and wouldn't be putting money into this package unless his company's experience has been good enough to warrant it (Let's remember what Windows 3.0 was like). This industry needs a robust software package, and although several companies are plodding along and producing vastly improved software, most of the programs are seriously deficient in a number of respects and do not adapt well to existing operations. As I have said before, NLA needs a Technology Committee to define the industry's requirements for reservations/dispatch/accounting software since so many of these software developers are wandering about in the woods trying to figure out what we want.

[This message has been edited by jhj (edited 12-10-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim:

Both LimoWiz and Fastrak in their present forms are superior to what Livery Coach could do. The only thing that Livery Coach had on these programs is sending financial data to Peachtree. In the new version of Fastrak Eddie McCoy has taken care of that problem with a financial export to Quickbooks. The problem with limo database programs sending data to financial program is that it is a one way street. For instance if a deposit was paid and for some reason you wanted to give a refund you would have to manually give the refund in both programs. Also another good idea that Livery Coach has was sending contacts to ACT for marketing purposes. The only problem with this was every time you processed your contacts into ACT is that it sent all contacts in the Livery Coach database into ACT then you had to go and manually clean out which contacts you wanted. I think the ideal program would have its own contact management program and it would merge with Microsoft Word for marketing to clients. Anyway just my 2 cents worth.

------------------
    Wade Randolph

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    And Jim why do you want to take my fun away from me by not letting me bash livery coach? Just kidding.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Under the circumstances, it's not fair to bash what we haven't yet seen. Dennis is apparently putting a substantial amount of money in it and overcoming the reputation of a former publisher is difficult enough. I think we should look at this software when it comes on the market and see how it compares with the prior versions. I would hope that we don't kill a possibly good software package because of the prior taint (because we desperately need good software), so I'm just suggesting that those with a bad experience bide their time until we see what Dennis has been able to do with the code to turn it into a viable product.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wade Randolph:

Jim:

If you checkout LimoWiz's website they have a list of about 100 operators that are using the software. I spoke to a Florida operator that runs over 40 cars and he swears by the program. I called a couple other smaller operators and they loved the program also. What i really like about the program is that is seperates Contacts, Customer, and Passengers. It also has nice routing lines instead of just pickup and drop off information. I called Jamal on the phone and he is willing to write just about any report that you could want. I havent purchased the program yet but I'm seriously considering it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen the web site and noted the lsit, but I thought some of those folks might be hanging around this forum. I wouldn't even consider software without trip segments (routing), and that's one of my primary problems with FasTrak. Also, I haven't been able to get a demo of FastTrak to operate properly yet. One of the weak spots in LimoWiz is the stored list of locations, landmarks, destinations, origins, or whatever you want to call it/them. EasyTrip has a nice store of such locations that can be inserted with a click, and they are organized by category. Although LimoWiz has a similar feature, it is more rudimentary. The program otherwise seems to be progressing nicely. I don't understand the printer problems. As for the reports, some are nicely done, but others, such as the Trip Ticket, are poorly done. I'm going to keep my eye on it and I think in another couple of versions this might be a package we would consider. But we also want to see what Dennis is doing with livery coach, or whatever he might call it in this new incarnation.

Thank you for sharing comments about LimoWiz. Have checked out the latest version, LimoWiz 2000, 4.03.
    If you have printing problems like changing paper trays with this version and you're willing to test a fix for it, just let me know via email at: support@limowiz.com.

For the points of interest list and reports, there will be improvements.

Regards,
    Jamal Assaf
    Creative Software www.limowiz.com

I have seen the web site and noted the lsit, but I thought some of those folks might be hanging around this forum. I wouldn't even consider software without trip segments (routing), and that's one of my primary problems with FasTrak. Also, I haven't been able to get a demo of FastTrak to operate properly yet. One of the weak spots in LimoWiz is the stored list of locations, landmarks, destinations, origins, or whatever you want to call it/them. EasyTrip has a nice store of such locations that can be inserted with a click, and they are organized by category. Although LimoWiz has a similar feature, it is more rudimentary. The program otherwise seems to be progressing nicely. I don't understand the printer problems. As for the reports, some are nicely done, but others, such as the Trip Ticket, are poorly done. I'm going to keep my eye on it and I think in another couple of versions this might be a package we would consider. But we also want to see what Dennis is doing with livery coach, or whatever he might call it in this new incarnation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You last looked at Version 2.0 of FastTRAK. The product has since been released in versions 2.5, 3.0 & 3.3 in the Professional Series and a version 3.3 Platinum Edition that utilizies Microsoft's SQL Server Application Database. Version 4.0 of these products will release in the Spring of 2001.

As you said earlier, "Under the circumstances, it's not fair to bash what we haven't yet seen."

Sounds like good advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie McCoy:
    You last looked at Version 2.0 of FastTRAK. The product has since been released in versions 2.5, 3.0 & 3.3 in the Professional Series and a version 3.3 Platinum Edition that utilizies Microsoft's SQL Server Application Database. Version 4.0 of these products will release in the Spring of 2001.

As you said earlier, "Under the circumstances, it's not fair to bash what we haven't yet seen."

Sounds like good advice.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eddie:

Eddie If one of you guys could make your software export into Microsoft Office it would be a killer. Such as exporting data into Excel and mail merging clients and contacts in Word and Access. Anyway its good to see you here and I really like what you have done with Fasttrak.

Wade Randolph

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie McCoy:

Sounds like good advice.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, however, it is NOT true that we haven't seen recent versions. we've downloaded the next to last version and picked up the current version in Atlantic City, and can't get them to run properly. Contrary to that, the old versions did run (after getting around the Windows date incompatability problem) but had report printing problems, as you will recall.
    I especially try not to bash limousine software publishers because they are needed deperately in the industry. My only comment was quite factual, and that we couldn't get the newest versions to run properly. And, by the way, I install and evaluate every new version of every software package that can be obtained (and some we pay for on a 30-day approval), just waiting for someone to get it right. You are making important strides and I was impressed by the progress since last January, but was less impressed when I discovered the code not to be stable. I think you're doing well, however, so please don't take my comments as unfair criticism.

Very true, however, it is NOT true that we haven't seen recent versions. we've downloaded the next to last version and picked up the current version in Atlantic City, and can't get them to run properly. Contrary to that, the old versions did run (after getting around the Windows date incompatability problem) but had report printing problems, as you will recall.
    I especially try not to bash limousine software publishers because they are needed deperately in the industry. My only comment was quite factual, and that we couldn't get the newest versions to run properly. And, by the way, I install and evaluate every new version of every software package that can be obtained (and some we pay for on a 30-day approval), just waiting for someone to get it right. You are making important strides and I was impressed by the progress since last January, but was less impressed when I discovered the code not to be stable. I think you're doing well, however, so please don't take my comments as unfair criticism.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had not received any indication from you that you were having difficulties. You appear to be the only one!

No past users having loaded and used the trial version reported any issues. Well over 100 of them are now licensed users of the product.

You comments couldn't in the least way be affected by my suggesting that you purchase software other than FastTRAK because of some language used in an email communication to me. Could they??

I got into this industry because software had gotten a black eye and I knew I could improve its image.

Unbiased and constructive advice is welcome at FastTRAK

I had not received any indication from you that you were having difficulties. You appear to be the only one!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, Eddie, you haven't been in software as long as many others but you've already learned the software publisher's theme song - "Your are the one, the ONLY one." That litany ranks right up there with "Some of my best friends are [you supply the noun]," and "the check is in the mail."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>No past users having loaded and used the trial version reported any issues. Well over 100 of them are now licensed users of the product.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Same song, different words.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You comments couldn't in the least way be affected by my suggesting that you purchase software other than FastTRAK because of some language used in an email communication to me. Could they??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If you are referring to my telling you in an e-mail that your programmer was "full of s**t" when he claimed I was the "only one" reporting the particular problem with your software and that he couldn't fix it, you are correct that you told me that at the same time I told you that we were going elsewhere because FasTrak was not sufficiently robust for our use. I'm not sure what "comments" you're referring to, but if you mean my comment that we couldn't get the newer versions to run properly, you're engaging in wishful thinking. My comments are strictly factual. I'm sure you don't want me to get more specific. Just fix your software and move on - you have a contribution to make and any further discussion isn't going to help you make it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I got into this industry because software had gotten a black eye and I knew I could improve its image.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    And I think you're making progress, unless you decide to air the problems with your software publicly. Singing "Your are the One, the ONLY one," however, is not helping to distinguish you from the people who gave the industry software a black eye. There isn't anybody paying any attention to these comments about software that doesn't know the tune to that refrain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Unbiased and constructive advice is welcome at FastTRAK<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As it should be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Riverside Limo:
    Eddie:

Eddie If one of you guys could make your software export into Microsoft Office it would be a killer. Such as exporting data into Excel and mail merging clients and contacts in Word and Access. Anyway its good to see you here and I really like what you have done with Fasttrak.

Wade Randolph
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wade

I will look into it !!!

Always a pleasure to hear from you. The best to you and your family during the Holidays and the New Year.

Eddie