Thread: Outsourcing Reservations/ Dispatching

Has anyone used a third party to cover their off-hours/ overflow reservations or dispatching? I know that my own dispatchers will do a better job, but I need additional coverage. I’ve identified two companies that charge by the minute:

www.Limolive24.com
    www.limocallcenter.com

Has anyone used either of these companies or can recommend another company that does a good job?

Please advise.

Thanks- Topher

Senior Member Limo Padawan Dave M's Avatar

Originally posted by Topher:
    Has anyone used a third party to cover their off-hours/ overflow reservations or dispatching? I know that my own dispatchers will do a better job, but I need additional coverage. I’ve identified two companies that charge by the minute:

www.Limolive24.com
    www.limocallcenter.com

Has anyone used either of these companies or can recommend another company that does a good job?

Please advise.

Thanks- Topher
    The pros and cons of outsourcing were discussed in this thread: New business answering phones

Limolive24 looks like a brand new company. Their domain was registered on 2-2-08. This is the first I've heard of them, but their services sound interesting. I really like those big screens in their dispatch office.

Dave

Hey Topher welcome to the forum!!

Another company that has been mentioned here is AYS Dispatch in Chicago

We discussed this topic a little in here (2 pages):
    Answering Phones 24/7

Senior Member Limo Padawan InTheLeftLane's Avatar

I've talked to the guys at LimoLive24.com. Seemed sharp enough, but I am just as interested as the next guy on who does the best job.
    Steven Groves
    Vice President / Silent Dispatch, Inc.

Sponsors of InTheLeftLane - Slow Traffic Keep Right!

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!

I use my own people 24/7 and here is how I do it. The dispatch team is made up of 6 dispatchers and a supervisor. Our shifts are:
    8:00am to 5:00pm (Mon - Friday / Office Based)
    5:00pm to 12:00am (Monday - Friday / Home based)
    12:00am to 8:00am (Monday - Friday / Home based)

8:00am to 8:00pm (Saturday/Sunday/Holiday - Home
    8:00pm to 8:00am (Saturday/Sunday/Holiday - Home

The home based dispatchers are treated like any other employee family member but they really work as contractors.

I pay $1.00 per phone call and $5.00 for every vehicle tracked on their shift. They receive 10% of any new orders they take.

They report all activities on a daily spreadsheet. Each entry is typed in with the time, phone number on Caller ID of income calls or Vehicle ID number. It is marked with IC for incoming call, OC for outgoing call, T for tracking/communication with a vehicle. There is a place for the caller's name, brief description of call and then a column for quotes and reservations and they are entered by number assigned by Fasttrak as a quote or booking.

The spreadsheet is kept on their home computer and e-mailed to us at the end of the shift.

They access Fasttrak via a remote software access system and remain logged on during their shift.

Calls are remotely forwarded by the dispatcher when they are ready to take over.

Each dispatcher averages between $300 to $600 a week and they rotate shifts so that all have an equal opportunity to make money on a Saturday afternoon. They are mostly stay at home moms and I am fortunate most were 911 dispatchers who left their field to become moms. Many of you know, my wife is a 911 dispatcher.

It is relatively cheap. I have total control over them. They are not distracted by calls from any other company. The client has no idea they are at home and we look like a big company with 24/7 service provided.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

AYS is owned by Richard Ramis, an industry legend.
    Originally posted by Steve W.:
    Hey Topher welcome to the forum!!

Another company that has been mentioned here is AYS Dispatch in Chicago

We discussed this topic a little in here (2 pages):
    Answering Phones 24/7
    Dean Schuler

I just wanted to add that our company has been using AYS for just over 2½ years now, and have been nothing but happy with the service. We still have an employee on call, for the reasons explain in the link to the discussion below. But please remember – just because you have a service answering your phones after hours, and you can sleep better at night, you still need to be on top of everything that is going on.

After looking at Limolive24.com's site with their adamant insistence upon their attention to detail, then reading their misspellings and mistaken grammar, it gives me pause....much like some of the communication I see posted on the Forum, but more glaring. Image is critical in this business, whether dealing with clients or fellow operators.
    Marc Rold
    Wild Horse Limousine
    www.wildhorselimo.com

Marc,

I agree, if you can't represent your own company well, I sure don't want you representing mine. I just feel more comfortable with my own people taking calls, knowing how we operate, knowing what kind of "deal" would be acceptable and locking in the sale in a single phone call. While it is still a relatively new program for me, it seems to be working quite well and because they generate their own income through commissions, I never have to worry about having the money to pay them for their work.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

On Thursday night, I received a call from our dispatcher at about 3:30am. She informed me that during the night she had been making arrangements with various organ harvest teams - a heart team, lung team, liver team, eye & cornea team, bone team and tissue team. She thought since we had so many teams arriving that we should have an onsite coordinator at the hospital as certain teams, like the heart team have first priority.

I couldn't help but think how valuable it is to have my own person who knows really how we work and decided to make this call to my house. Special circumstance require special decisions to be made and I just don't think you would get that in an answering service - industry related or not.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Blog Entries

So, Limo Scene, do you have an actual office staff 24/7 at your office or do you forward the phones to a dispatcher from home?

I owned a security company for 8 years in Wisconsin and it grew to be pretty large. First couple of years, I was the owner, dispatcher, hr, driver and security guard all in one. After a couple of years, it grew to the point that I needed dispatchers 24/7. Forwarding the phone to myself at night as well as a couple other supervisors until it was busy enough to have a dispatcher 24/7 at the office. There are plenty of headaches that come from that too though, which led to installing cameras within the office and doing checks on them on a regular basis.

Anything you can think of actually happened on the 3rd shift if you get my drift. If there was a 24/7 answering service to answer our security line that could dispatch my officers to the alarms and emergencies, I definitely think I would have paid the money. It had to be someone related to the industry though who knew how important each second counts. Same with the limo industry I think. I wouldn't want just any answering service picking up our lines, but maybe someone with experience. Knows how important customer service is in this industry, unlike security!

Anyways, thats my 2 cents....

I use my own people 24/7 and here is how I do it. The dispatch team is made up of 6 dispatchers and a supervisor. Our shifts are:
    8:00am to 5:00pm (Mon - Friday / Office Based)
    5:00pm to 12:00am (Monday - Friday / Home based)
    12:00am to 8:00am (Monday - Friday / Home based)

8:00am to 8:00pm (Saturday/Sunday/Holiday - Home
    8:00pm to 8:00am (Saturday/Sunday/Holiday - Home

The home based dispatchers are treated like any other employee family member but they really work as contractors.

I pay $1.00 per phone call and $5.00 for every vehicle tracked on their shift. They receive 10% of any new orders they take.

They report all activities on a daily spreadsheet. Each entry is typed in with the time, phone number on Caller ID of income calls or Vehicle ID number. It is marked with IC for incoming call, OC for outgoing call, T for tracking/communication with a vehicle. There is a place for the caller's name, brief description of call and then a column for quotes and reservations and they are entered by number assigned by Fasttrak as a quote or booking.

The spreadsheet is kept on their home computer and e-mailed to us at the end of the shift.

They access Fasttrak via a remote software access system and remain logged on during their shift.

Calls are remotely forwarded by the dispatcher when they are ready to take over.

Each dispatcher averages between $300 to $600 a week and they rotate shifts so that all have an equal opportunity to make money on a Saturday afternoon. They are mostly stay at home moms and I am fortunate most were 911 dispatchers who left their field to become moms. Many of you know, my wife is a 911 dispatcher.

It is relatively cheap. I have total control over them. They are not distracted by calls from any other company. The client has no idea they are at home and we look like a big company with 24/7 service provided
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post

www.Limolive24.com
    www.limocallcenter.com

Please advise.

Thanks- Topher
    Check Out Http://www.limocallservice.com

Hope it helps you out!

Michael Aslanian
    Limo Call Service
    866-229-1005

Junior Member Limo Padawan

You can also try http://www.limocallservice.com
    We will do all in our power to deliver the best service possible

Michael Aslanian
    Limousine Call Service Solutions