Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEADBEAT LIMO COMPANY LIST

Still no different than posting the name at your own place of business. You're getting closer, however, if the site was restricted by user name and password to members of the industry only, avoiding publication to the public. Once you start posting for the use of other persons who expect to do business with the particular deadbeat, you are starting to establish a "privilege" to post defamatory information and limiting the public nature of it. In short, you're starting a mini-D&B or business credit clering house. This can be done legally if careful, but it would hardly justify the cost. After all, what everybody here seems to want is to "hurt" the deadbeat in some way other than a legitimate refusal to extend credit to the "deadbeat." That is exactly what the law will not allow.

What about some sort of feedback forum like ebay uses? This would be useful towards farm-outs in other area's, as other companies could leave feedback about past runs. If 'deadbeat' companies can't pay for there limo leads, most likley they won't pay for a trip they booked! Good experinces should also be posted building a companies reputation. How many people are being sued for leaving negitive feedback on ebay?

Excellent idea. I guess the idea would be to implement some kind of "registered" feedback so only members can post positive or negative feedback. I can see this being done in the very near future as we are ramping up for our next technological infusion of site benefits.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by XENEFOX Media Corporation:
    Excellent idea. I guess the idea would be to implement some kind of "registered" feedback so only members can post positive or negative feedback. I can see this being done in the very near future as we are ramping up for our next technological infusion of site benefits.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sooner the better. I have a list of dead beat companies out in CA. that every one should know about. Because of this we now only accespt credit cards. Should have listen to Tom Mazza. Don't be fooled by the name of a company or the size of the fleet. Get credit card info and authorization to charge, then get approval. Some companies will give the credit card info knowing damn well the card is no good.
    Signed, Junior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts:
    The sooner the better. I have a list of dead beat companies out in CA. that every one should know about. Because of this we now only accespt credit cards. Should have listen to Tom Mazza. Don't be fooled by the name of a company or the size of the fleet. Get credit card info and authorization to charge, then get approval. Some companies will give the credit card info knowing damn well the card is no good.
    Signed, Junior
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a supplement to my earlier comments on the legal problems of this approach, cross-pollinated with my comments on NLA in other forums, one thing that national trade associations can and do do is maintain credit information. When I was at the Electronic Industries Association, one of the industry committee was the credit committee. An association can make privileged what may not otherwise be privileged and provide a service to the members.

How about just publicly asking someone to pay you for services given? If they are not answering e-mails, phone calls, or lettered mail, your sort of advertising that they are dead beats but in an indirect manner.

Why not offer the offender a 200 word response to an allegation, posted directly with the "charge"? This would alleviate a one-sided defamation.

This topic has been MOVED AND CLOSED.

http://limos.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic...54&m=783294854