Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Judge Judy

I attempted to fnid out what company it was that Mickey and Rudy worked for. The closest I could come was that Mickey Arzaga attended the 2006 LCT Show under the company name, California Financial Insurance Services based in Long Beach, CA. Long Beach isn't exactly a neighboring city to Yorba Linda indicating quite a distance was traveled to the area. Long Beach is about 45 minutes from Yorba Linda (where the prom was held). They were having dinner in Irvine which is about 20 minutes from Yorba Linda. If they got picked up at 7:30 but didn't arrive at the prom until 11:30, something is wrong. Where the hell were they for 4 hours? Figuring dinner lasted a maximum of 2 hours - that is 2 hours more the driver (used the term on purpose) was "lost".

Had I owned the company I would not have brought the driver to "court". She was too stupid to lend ANY credibility to the testimony. Better thought.......who gave her the keys to a limousine?????
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Her inexperience. I don't know about your insurance provider, But mine is quite hesitant to insure any driver that doesn't have commercial experience. It's seems to me that this is one of those drivers that the gets asked last minute to drive for a prom that's overbooked.
    Originally posted by Karl:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Delta Limo:
    I'd love for someone to pull the limo companys' insurance certificate and see if the driver is even on it. I seriously doubt that she would be.
    Interesting... What do you base that on?
    Also, I did find it interesting that the limo company was held responsible for the corsage, tux rental etc.. They are lucky that they weren't sued for everyones attire and prom tickets. That's why you get your contract!
    A contract might have only served to sink the operator deeper. And trying to get a contract signed after this debacle is clearly a brain-dead imbecile at work.

I'll say it over and again: Some people have no business being in business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From 2002 the Irvine chamber of commerce newsletter Lists :
    Int'l Limousine & executive transportation
    Mickey Arzaga
    1232 E. Bell Ave.
    Anaheim, CA 92805
    800-331-7116
    http://internationallimos.com/

The website cited shows TCP 20293-P and the current status is suspended.
    PUC Listing

Maybe there one of the companies that just comes back for prom season every year.

One thing that did not get explored very much becase of the language barrier was the kids said she was trying to buy a thomas guide! I don't think the kids could have made up that one. Which means that driver came to work just assuming the people in the back would tell her where to go. Hate to say it but thats not the first time I have heard of that here in CA.

On any run, esp prom jobs, have GPS navigation. Saves you time and nerves. Sucks to be asking kids in the back how to get around when they are blasting music and getting annoyed that you dont know what you are doing.
    2010 S-classes & 7-series
    Town Cars
    Krystal Lincoln 120's
    Pinnacle 200" Range Rover Sport & Escalade
    2010 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 12-pass Van
    2009 Escalade ESV's
    Rolls Antique

Senior Member Limo Padawan Dave M's Avatar

Maybe there one of the companies that just comes back for prom season every year.
    It's just like award season. Every bad company in town comes out for the Academy Awards and the Emmy's. It's a total embarrassment.

I like it though ...It's like a time machine, I get to see every model limousine I've ever driven.

Dave

Nice job Steve!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Our Yearly Judge Judy Update! She does do a pretty good job about setting good standards for our industry: "The client does not wait for the limousine, the limousine waits for the client" Limo 101 !

FIRST CASE: I think the basic argument this owner was trying to win on was that his contract states they are not responsible for mechanical breakdowns. He interpreted this as even if he breaks down and does not complete the job he is entitled to full payment.

Part 1

Part 2

SECOND CASE: Reason to get that payment up front!!

THIRD CASE: Wierd one here, Deposit mix up leads to an almost free limo! If she would have left her wedding video at home I think they would have won!!
    Part 1

Part 2

FOURTH CASE: Not Judge Judy but my girl Marilyn Milian

Part 1

Part 2
    Last edited by Steve W.; February 8th, 2010 at 02:55 AM.

Saw this the other day what an idiot!! But but but my contract says I get paid regardless!!!
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Some very sloppy work on part of the owners in all 4 cases.

And, wow, never knew Harvey Levin (last few seconds of last video) used to be a lawyer and consultant to The People's Court.....Thought he was just the TMZ dude!
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; February 8th, 2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Did anybody see my case on Judge Judy(feb07)? Fortunately, I was the plaintiff. I had the worst laryngitis, but I managed to get through it with their mike as high as it would go. The nice thing about the show is that after you win, the show pays you the judgment plus a $500 appearance fee, plus Hollywood Hyatt and taxi. Otherwise the deadbeat defendant would have never paid.

Judge Judy is pretty sharp. She could tell these girls were lying right when they opened their mouths and jumped all over them.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Pssst, Levine thinks Judge Judy is smoking... pass it around.
    Senator Jeff Brandes Sells Out To Big Money Uber. Refuses To Help End Repetitious Local Licensing Impacting Citizens Freedom To Travel Intercounty Within The State of Florida. www.thefita.com

Geoff can you post a link to the show that you where on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    Geoff can you post a link to the show that you where on?
    Wade they are hit and miss witch ones show up on you tube. I guess people capture them on their computers and post. Think they only post the ones where people are wierd looking, act wierd or the judges go off on them. And if they posted it without the word Limo or limousine in the description you have to go and look at each one. Maybe Geoff can recognize his mug one one of them! LOL

A few of my friends have it on Tivo/DVR. I could probably have one of them put it on a dvd for me and then try and post it. But I had problems last time I tried to just post a simple picture of my business card on this site. Plus, with my laryngitis and looking even fatter on TV, I hate it. So don't hold your breath. But I won and the girls looked like fraudulent clowns.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Our yearly update of Limo Cases!

Enjoy!