Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Judge Judy

Interesting.....

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Our yearly update of Limo Cases!

Enjoy!

I just watched that right before you posted it. Its a pretty standard thing having clients like that out here in Vegas. They were obviously a horrible group to deal with and its understandable that tyhe driver would feel unsafe in this case. If I was to issue any sort of refund in that case it may have been a half refund. They paid in cash so I dont have to worry about a chargeback and if they want to sue me over $105 then so be it. Ill win that in court as well. When a group gets to the point where a driver is afraid of his own wellbeing something has to be done.

He should have had something in his contract that states if they are abusive to the driver that he can end their run with no refund, he could have used that in court to win. I still think he went at it wrong, he could have pushed the fact more that since the guy said he was going to kick the drivers ass he gave the money back only because he was about to get jumped. He should also have that somewhere in his contract to cover his ass. My contract has this in it:

"reserves the right to terminate this or any other contract for noncompliance of the above requests, especially if renters do not follow chauffeurs requests in order to obey the rules in this contract."

I think I will add "without refund".

A quote from our contract.

JUDGEMENT OF CHAUFFEUR - In the sole judgment of the chauffeur, if he/she determines that the behavior of you or your guests for any reason is out of control, obnoxious, disrespectful, unsafe, illegal, dangerous or irresponsible to lives and property, he can and will terminate the run on the spot and order all occupants out of the vehicle and then drive off. He may or may not issue a WARNING before he takes this action. If this happens, you will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    I just watched that right before you posted it. Its a pretty standard thing having clients like that out here in Vegas. They were obviously a horrible group to deal with and its understandable that tyhe driver would feel unsafe in this case.
    This driver, twenty-two years senior to the first chauffeur, is presumed to be experienced and capable enough. After all, the plaintiff identified him as "the person he typically sends for problem groups."

The chauffeur never said anything about his feeling "unsafe". It could be argued just the opposite because at 8:21 of the video, the chauffeur testifies that he "closed the gap" on the groomsman and told him "let's not go there." Besides, he knew he was dealing with an inebriated man.

In my opinion, the driver and the plaintiff simply failed to require the client to maintain responsibility for the members of their party. The groomsman, or anyone else mouths of, then you take it to the client. The client should then take action: make them button up, cut them off, or toss that person. Whatever, but you put it on them. If that doesn't work you employ your other options; terminate the run, call the police, or whatever your policy is. You see how the judge asked the defendants who it was? They were given a pass and could just say I wasn't there at the time, or I guess it was one of the groomsmen. Had the chauffeur pulled their chain and let them know that a member of their group was a problem, they'd have been on the hook.

I think it was BRAIN DEAD on the part of the plaintiff to:
    Give them their money back
    Agree that it's all good (i.e., a settlement)
    Then bring them to court... over what I personally feel is a petty amount in the grand scheme of things.
    Karl Jones

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

"rowdy people get rowdy - that's why they get limos". I'm not sure if this is on your YouTube clip (my wife DVR'd it so I watched it on TV, the clip on here was taking too long to load). There was another guy coming out of the commercial break that said, "I think if you're getting kicked out, you shouldn't have to pay". What the world is happening to our society?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Yeah, what happened to common sense? I had a law student, I just kicked out of the limo, tell me that limos are supposed to be "trashed", and "that's what they're for". I told him he could trash it all he wants, as long as he pays for everything.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

I dont think that $200 is something that will get you rich by going to court. Unless you want a free flight from the TV show and you want to see your face on TV. I would just let it go if I was him. But I bet he just wanted to see himself on TV.

Blog Entries

First off I would like to say this is total CRAP. Limo's are supposed to be trashed...WTH? The message that is being sent here at the end of this stupidity is you can spend $200.00 and cause $800.00 or more damaging and that's what limos are for? The operator said were giving them their money back...What a chicken $#it...then you take them to court? This was the stupidist court case I have ever seen $200.00 Really? what a waste of time and money. If you are going to kick them out, give them their money back what is your case? This whole show just reinforced the misconception that customers should just wreck or damage or disrespect our Chauffeurs and our industry. This is just another fine example of irresponsible media broadcasting and the American public craving this no class garbage. Rant over.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Default somthing for nuthing people

It seems to me that this is a case of something for nothing customers or even worse. These people and others like them think just because they pay a few hundred dollars or so that they can destroy other peoples equipment. These customers it seems stopped payment on the damages as well as the ride and if they did not like the vehicle why not say something to the driver or person who they booked the vehicle from sounds like the vehicle was most likely not in bad condition and they maybe nitpicked the vehicle to further avoid payment liability. I think in this case the customer was the shady one. This company looks like it has been around for a bit and has a pretty good track record as well so I don't think they were one of the bottom feeders of the industry. I think some people should have a bit more respect for other people and there selves and this industry would be so much better to deal with but such is life and business.

Default ?

Limo owner was sued for a refund of $780.00 in damages caused to there vehicle from that customer. We should not assume that the limo company was the bad guy right away after all they did win. This customer tried to pull out all the stops to avoid payment for the damages caused to there vehicle. Also why would the customer not say anything to driver or person who booked the appointment there was a issue with the vehicle condition? Also what gives the public the idea that for a few hundred dollars they can destroy other peoples equipment or property. We also know you can't please everyone you know you got to love the general public. From my perspective I see that these customers are something for nothing people who rent or purchase a product use it and then deny payment that my friend is the scum of the industry it's called friendly fraud like mr. groupmann in this Judge Judy case I however would not have taken it to TV.