Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judge Judy

Did anyone see the recent episode of Judge Judy when a limo company got sued for $5000 becuase his car was in horrible shape???
    I have a few comments to say regarding this episode:
    The limo owner getting sued gives our whole industry a bad name. From his posture to his attire to the condition of his cars.
    The back window tint was all bubbled, he had a broken tailight and a rip in his seat. Also, the car was filthy inside!!! He claims he had 9 vehicles in his fleet.
    Judge Judy threw out the case becuase she said that the limo did not destroy the night. He did provide service so he should get paid. She also went on and said that she is VERY harsh on limo companies ESPECIALLY when they don't show up or send the wrong type of limo. I guess the scum of any industry destroys everyone.

If you have Tivo or a cable DVR and can record by keyword put in limousine and/or limo and you will get about 1 show a week with limo companies on court TV shows. It is really good education and usually it all comes down to "did you have a written contracct with the company?"

I have yet to be impressed with any company I have seen on there, but I guess it is to say that the smart owners of companies would not let a situation get so out of hand as to end up in court, and more over agree to take it to TV court!!
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Originally posted by Steve W.:
    If you have Tivo or a cable DVR and can record by keyword put in limousine and/or limo and you will get about 1 show a week with limo companies on court TV shows. It is really good education and usually it all comes down to "did you have a written contracct with the company?"

I have yet to be impressed with any company I have seen on there, but I guess it is to say that the smart owners of companies would not let a situation get so out of hand as to end up in court, and more over agree to take it to TV court!!
    I have to agree here that a smart operator would not let it go there, but rather provide customer satisfaction.
    Looking at it from the other side, I'd guess there are "UNWASHED MASSES OF CIVILIANS" that shop limos by cheapest price and they "get what they pay for". It's an unfortunate fact of life that there is a lowest common denominator in most any industry.
    Re-educating the buying public will be the key. ... (and hoping they understand rising costs)

In case anyone missed this one thougt I would post it here: Limo Company loses on Prom Night

Part 1

Part 2
    Last edited by Steve W.; February 8th, 2010 at 02:32 AM.

Modern day sharcroppers. You know they choose the $2.99 " Revenue Hobo Plate " whenever they order breakfast .
    Dean Schuler

Well, this sounds like the 80% crap that is in this Industry! I am not surprised, are you?

And Judge Judy is right! First, you know the dirt bag that rented this Limousine and shopped for price and the scum used the car for the night and then he wanted his money back! What does this guy expect?

People want it all for nothing! Hello!

"Rudy went out of his way and called 411 to get directions to their [prom]"

Amazing. Some limo service. Total losers.
    2010 S-classes & 7-series
    Town Cars
    Krystal Lincoln 120's
    Pinnacle 200" Range Rover Sport & Escalade
    2010 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 12-pass Van
    2009 Escalade ESV's
    Rolls Antique

If you have Tivo or a cable DVR and can record by keyword put in limousine and/or limo and you will get about 1 show a week with limo companies on court TV shows.
    Very helpful tip. Thanx.

Most of these people and companies appear on these shows just to get a free trip to NY or get a free stay for a day or two. Either way, whoever looses doesnt really loose. TV Show pays for it. So it a Win Win Situation unless you live in the city where they tape the show.
    --------------------------------

I agree Green. I have taken people to LAX several times for Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown and Judge Hatchett. The people told us they get an "appearance fee" win or lose. They get a limo ride to and from LAX (A $700 value), airfare, hotels and meals.

Perfect! Can someone sue me please!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Either way, whoever looses doesnt really loose. TV Show pays for it. So it a Win Win Situation unless you live in the city where they tape the show.
    Actually win win no matter what since if any of you have been a winner in Small Claims court and have found out how hard it is to collect on a judgement it would be nice to have an option that guranteed payment of a judgment. That is as long as you were not embarrased about your conduct as a company. Seems we are mostly on the defending side of these for the most part.

Would like to see a limo company win one for a change!

That is as long as you were not embarrased about your conduct as a company. Seems we are mostly on the defending side of these for the most part.
    Did you guys notice that most of the time these judges just make fun of the defendant (most cases companies). They want to entertain TV viewers and they will do anything to humiliate you. Especially Judge Brown. He is an a$$. He comes up to the case like a hoodlem'.
    --------------------------------

More Judge Judy and Limos.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=RxIuaNigg8A"]Limo Damage Dispute[/ame]
    2010 S-classes & 7-series
    Town Cars
    Krystal Lincoln 120's
    Pinnacle 200" Range Rover Sport & Escalade
    2010 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 12-pass Van
    2009 Escalade ESV's
    Rolls Antique

So let me get this straight- They rented a 14 pax limo for 6 hours, two weeks before the prom for a grand total of 451.00!? What do they expect? I'd love for someone to pull the limo companys' insurance certificate and see if the driver is even on it. I seriously doubt that she would be. Also, I did find it ineteresting that the limo company was held responsible for the corsage, tux rental etc.. They are lucky that they weren't sued for everyones attire and prom tickets. That's why you get your contract!

Originally posted by Delta Limo:
    I'd love for someone to pull the limo companys' insurance certificate and see if the driver is even on it. I seriously doubt that she would be.
    Interesting... What do you base that on?
    Also, I did find it interesting that the limo company was held responsible for the corsage, tux rental etc.. They are lucky that they weren't sued for everyones attire and prom tickets. That's why you get your contract!
    A contract might have only served to sink the operator deeper. And trying to get a contract signed after this debacle is clearly a brain-dead imbecile at work.

I'll say it over and again: Some people have no business being in business.
    Karl Jones

They rented a 14 pax limo for 6 hours, two weeks before the prom for a grand total of 451.00!? What do they expect?
    Think the $451 was all the prom supplies and any deposit they made on the limo. Bet the remainder of the charge for the limo was a charge back on a credit card. OR else that wonderful driver tried to collect the remainder at the end of the night! Fat Chance of that!