Thread: Credit card machine???

I'm starting a new business and wanted to find out what, if any would be the best company that offers credit card services. ei; machines, online credit services, ect...I've been getting bombarded with offers in the mail but need some guidance.

Sebastian

www.merchantwarehouse.com is the best i've come across....

Sebastian

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seb Limo:
    http://www.merchantwarehouse.com is the best i've come across....

Sebastian<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sebastian

Being in the management software business, I propose throwing software rather than hardware at the solution.

You may want to consider Livery software that is integrated with existing credit card processing software packages. For example, our software currently integrates with ICVerify which uses a modem and phone connection from your computer and can be obtained for between $250 & 300.00 and we are integrating with PC Charge which uses your internet connection and is available for $150.00 to 200.00

The advantage is that you are not keying the credit card information each time you close a reservation as the data is stored in your database and obtaining approvals it a one click process.

Eddie McCoy Cpa
    President/Owner
    FastTRAK Livery Systems
    www.MyFastTRAK.com
    sales@MyFastTRAK.com

Software is definately the way to go. I'm currently changing to Livery Coach which integrates with IC Verify, and Verisign. ICverify was integrated with my old program, but it was a pain in the ass. Verisign also stores the security number on the back or front of the card. Using the security codes can save a lot more on the cardsercive fees, it proves to the card company that the card was present at the time of the sale.

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

Try Card services international. They have an 800 number and also have a great machine to let you put more than one business on one machine, up to 6 to be exact. it is their AIO model, works great for us! Plus good customer service

You can try http://www.payonesolutions.com they offer low rates and $1000 in free POS equipment.

Hi Sebastian,

MerchatWareHouse is an excellent choice and I am sure they'll give you better rates. If you're in the Limousine business, you may want to skip the dummy terminals and get PC Charge Pro which is integrated with LimoWiz, http://www.limowiz.com
    For more info on PC Charge and LimoWiz, please see our website.

The advantage of having software is that you can charge a credit card right from the LimoWiz software which passes info to PC Charge which in turn sends the transaction to the credit card company, of course you can do a pre-authorization, post-authorization, void sale, issue credit, etc. Also, you can also get detailed credit card transaction reports by a range of dates and all transaction types such approved or declined.

One point to understand is the difference between terminal-based and host-based credit card processors. I suggest you get a Host-Based credit company which has the ability to close your sales (Batch Out) at a specified time of the day, for example 11:30PM. Terminal based processors require you to close manually and thus not as efficient. You can ask merchant warehouse or whatever that they set you up with Host-Based processor and one that supports what's called TCP/IP that can connect to processing company over an Internet connection like DSL or Cable.

Best of Luck,
    Jamal Assaf
    Creative Software - LimoWiz
    973-625-1604

Originally posted by Seb Limo:
    www.merchantwarehouse.com is the best i've come across....

Sebastian

While I also use PC Charge for our limo business, we have another business which does limited transactions so we have a swipe terminal. It recently had problems. My credit card processor was so anxious to "help" me get back up and running they offered to sell me a new terminal, with a built in thermal imaging printer for the low, low price of $799. They gave me options for shipping from the low and slow postal service to overnight with Fed Ex, all for just an extra fee. My old terminal lasted 15 years! So, I checked on E-Bay and guess what? I bought the SAME model my processor was going to sell me for $799 for just a very low $40!

So, if you decide to go with a terminal while you "grow" into the need for livery software, shop on E-Bay, buy your own terminal, get signed up with a processor and they will program you equipment at no cost to you because they want your processing business which is a very lucrative market.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Just a hunch, but, I think SebLimo already bought a machine. Check out his post date.

I can't believe I actually fell for that. Figures it would be a credit card processor to come on board here and reactivate a thread which is years old. What a bonehead I am for not looking. I should have known by all the missing avatars.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com