View Poll Results: For those of you who offer sedan service what is you minimum airport transfer rate for service unde

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • $35.00

0 0%
  • $45.00

3 17.65%
  • $55.00

4 23.53%
  • $65.00

1 5.88%
  • more than $65.00

9 52.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sedan rates

Hey Gunny my survey of Limos.com for my area showed these prices.

A 42 mile trip to LAX in a sedan
    15% gratuity assumed
    ALL claimed 03 and newer cars, do not know what would actually show up.

Total charges for one way trip:
    $74.75
    $86.25
    $90.00
    $90.85
    $100.00
    $130.00

quite a spread!
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Originally posted by Steve W.:
    Hey Gunny my survey of Limos.com for my area showed these prices.

A 42 mile trip to LAX in a sedan
    15% gratuity assumed
    ALL claimed 03 and newer cars, do not know what would actually show up.

Total charges for one way trip:
    $74.75
    $86.25
    $90.00
    $90.85
    $100.00
    $130.00

quite a spread!
    These prices include the grat? Knock out high & low & it's an average of $90. for a 2 hour gig (yeah, right, in LA traffic) or $45. per hour. About the same average I ran across for the 10 or less mile runs in multiple states. If the pricing includes grat, than it's an even lower base charge. Of course there is a lot more time involved than just doing the drop from point "A" to airport and the drive back to home base.

What would be neat to do next Steve is to find out what the meter charge for a cab would be to run the same distance.

Based on established pricing in Tampa, a luxury cab ride of 40 miles would cost $93.75 and a regular cab $81.35 (meter charges).

In the new LCT, a story ran about the fight in Houston. Based on the minimum pricing of $70. Houston may have some of the highest pricing set by regulatory agencies in the nation especially if the runs are under 10 miles from airport to city hotels and residences. Mandatory minimum pricing creates zones of protection for cabs.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    The $70 Houston rate does include gratuity and airport taxes so the effective base rate is about $55-$60. This is still less than the average rate for a similar 15 minute sedan transfer in neighboring Austin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunny:
    In the new LCT, a story ran about the fight in Houston. Based on the minimum pricing of $70. Houston may have some of the highest pricing set by regulatory agencies in the nation especially if the runs are under 10 miles from airport to city hotels and residences. Mandatory minimum pricing creates zones of protection for cabs.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony,
    Under Austin Ordinance, what is the minimum rate charge?

Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    Minimum base rate in Austin is $45 with a one hour minimum. There are a few companies that charge that. They have one car.

Interesting thing about Houston is that they are stuck with a 2 hour minimum charge. That truly sucks. I would have fought that before I fought an increase in my base to $55-$60, or at least have fought it at the same time... With their base of $60 and 2 hours min it is still only $30 an hour. Damn cheap for long trips, but quite an increase percentage-wise from their previous minimum on short trips of just $45 for 2 hours.
    Correct on the point that Houstons fight should of been the 2 hour minimum. A minimum pricing of say $45. per trip or hour would not sting as bad as $70. regardless of doing a 15 min run or a 2 hour run. Grat incuded or not.

So I'm not missunderstood, I am not an advocate for low ball pricing. I just posted results of a survey. If someone calls & demands chauffeured driven luxury car service with a coffee & newspaper in the back seat, they should & do pay the price for that service. I am against local governments setting pricing minimums. If Tony wants to offer a Free Transfer to a bride & groom for booking a 3 car wedding, Tony should be able to do so without fear of retribution. Same goes for offering discounts or freebies for frequent travelers. Bottom line is that we contract out transportation or in other words enter into charter agreements with our customers that through considerable expense, solicit for and local agencies have no right to interfere with the business and pricing arrangements.

Austin has a minimum of $45., Tampa a minimum of $40.. An operator can quote these prices as inclusive unless Austin has a set gratuity amount also.

I read Austins ordinance awhile back & do like one portion where services are broken down. A limo service must have a stretch prior to sedan, Shuttles must have a minimum number in the fleet and as I remember the catch all is "charters" with vehicles with a capacity of 7 or more. Gives the traveling folks options to choose from.

As a heads up, I sent a letter off a few weeks ago to the Anti Trust Div of the DOJ regarding this type issue and others including locals regulating intrastate carriers, minimum pricing to protect cabs at the expense of the consumers etc.. Received word yesterday that my letter has cleared 1st hurdle and has been sent to the legal division.

The key is the spread you wish to have between your expenses and your gross. It is very good & proper and a sign of maturation to fire certain clients that can't and won't pay your bill of fare.
    Dean Schuler