View Poll Results: For those of you who offer sedan service what is you minimum airport transfer rate for service unde

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • $35.00

0 0%
  • $45.00

3 17.65%
  • $55.00

4 23.53%
  • $65.00

1 5.88%
  • more than $65.00

9 52.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sedan rates

Member Limo Padawan

Shad

Shad, For operators that know our saying is: " The higher the rate, the better we feel ". Full service liveries don't play "let's make a deal". Thus they don't suffer from the cut-rate blues !
    Dean Schuler

Civilians receive "price-shock" from me daily. I am pleasant to all but my price is my price and we do extremely well ! If you want to prosper go for the gold .
    Dean Schuler

I had two shoppers who almost had heart attacks last week when I quoted them $101.00 inclusive per hour, five hour minimum on a 120 " Black Five Door Stretch. Guess what-as usual we are booked out for the weekend on my stretches. Develop the reputation for superior quality and the clients with the money will come !
    Dean Schuler

Today I was asked for "zone pricing ". I immediately recommended them to "Service Limo aka Service Cab ".
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Today I was asked for "zone pricing ". I immediately recommended them to "Service Limo aka Service Cab ".
    When they ask me for zone rates I tell them if they have to ask they can't afford it.

I would be glad to quote Taxi rates, better yet Tow truck rates because in most cases, it is more than a lot of Sedan services charge. If a taxi service kept up with inflation, the rate should be $2.50 flag drop and $2.50 per loaded mile. (Tow truck $50.00 hook up and $5.00 loaded mile) Now it is 65 miles to my closest major Airport at that rate, a Taxi would charge $165.00. I charge by the round trip time, Garage to Garage. In this case 3.5 hours ( in side the County)at $40.00 per hour or $140.00 plus tip and people think this is WAY too much. So if I tell them to take a Taxi (which is non existant in my area) I am giving them a good deal. Their only other alternative is the Bus that goes through a town 27 miles away once a day and drops them in a town 20 miles from the Airport. Still need to get transportation to the Airport.
    David E. Merrill

You are getting regional on us again...
    Dean Schuler

If you want to run at cab rates then get into that sector of the transportation business. $123.00+ is a good airport transfer rate for a fully insured service with six inch cars and vetted Professional Chauffeurs in Louisiana. Other markets charge even more ! Your survey was targeted to a segment of the market that is below the radar. The task in our trade is finding the folks who will pay our tariff-and plenty will if you just do one thing-Concentrate on the SERVICE YOU PROVIDE and SEND A TOP NOTCH VEHICLE...
    Dean Schuler

Hell, I'm still waiting for someone to go on some sites such as limos.com and obtain pricing quotes for AP transfers and publish the findings. Hit 8-10 major metro areas across the USA & obtain a true pricing picture.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Member Limo Padawan

Guys the low end of the poll came from the rates under renting a limo @limos.com. I was just curious to know if anyone used it. As for the Highend I am still trying to get a price point settled for the sedan I have.

Dean when you say $123 is that inclusive?
    Shad

I regret your location is not condusive to $125.00 a trip, however well you are presented.
    It is at max a 20 minute journey for a drop off, and 30 minutes for a pick up.
    Good luck
    Dick Hall

Here I am being regional again but yesterday I did 5 Airports,(driving for another company as an Employee) starting at 10:00 A.M. droping off last client at midnight. (spotted at 9:00 A.M.. After returning to Base, fuel up, clean up and paper work left Base at 1:30 A.M. [I know, violated FMCSA regs. again]) ran three runs with a Sedan, (car switch during down time for lunch) two with a 120. Ran 386 miles, collected $374.00. The thing that really saved me is that one of these runs was a backhaul (had it not been for that, the bottom line would have been much worse)with just an hour wait in between. Did the Operator I was working for make any money on this??? I don't think so. Your thoughts.

Very little disruption due to Northwest Mechanic's strike at least yesterday (Sunday). When theoes old aircraft that Northwest is holding together with Bailing wire and Duct Tape start to break down, then the fun will begain. The next few days should prove to be interesting.
    David E. Merrill

Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    Did he make any money? You tell us... How Many hours did you get paid for? How much of what you collected was gratuity?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Merrill:
    Did the Operator I was working for make any money on this??? I don't think so. Your thoughts.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the gross collected was $374.00 I can tell you the owner didn't make any money. Less than a buck a mile???? Noway he made money.

During the Great Depression the feds set up RTA's ( Rural Transportation Authorities ) in remote areas of the country. These authorities mandated that operators roll below cost to serve the residents of the area. Indians could not be excluded. Loaded firearms were not allowed to be openly displaced. Federal Subsidies maintained this program for many years. It appears that running below cost has been a tradition in many of these areas even today.
    Dean Schuler