0 0%
  • Yes, familiar bad

1 5.88%
  • Yes, familiar, never used

3 17.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limoanywhere program

Originally posted by LA Limousines (David):
    Looks pretty. Probably end up vaporware like 90% of limousine software. Wait 2-3 LCT show appearances before taking them seriously. If they can't make it to our 2 trade shows, they're not really interested.

Well guys... it's our second LCT Show appearance! Hopefully now people will take us more seriously.

David (LA Limousines) we'll be in Booth 79, come see us for a demo and some promo items if you are going to the show.

If you would like to setup a personal presentation before the show, please let us know.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Senior Member Limo Padawan

We are very happy with our switch to limoanywhere.

Marcus
    Hamilton Limo
    Marcus Rosen
    Hamilton Limo
    mrosen@hamiltonlimo.com

Originally posted by Marcus:
    We are very happy with our switch to limoanywhere.

Marcus
    Hamilton Limo
    Really glad to hear that Marcus!

We look forward to workig with you!

Max.
    Limousine Software for Small to Mid-Size Operators. Visit LimoAnywhere.com to request your free demo today!

Just noticed something tonight which concerns me about some sites using Limo Anywhere.

I came across one site, and on the reservation page, when it got to the part to give the credit card information, right below it it falsely claims "Protected by 128-bit SSL". The page is not a secure page (no secure lock icon in the browser, the URL doesn't start with https:// and checking Page info, it says that the page is not encrypted). Plus the page this information is submitted to is not secure either, which is really the page that needs to be secure.

I thought maybe this was just the site I was at, so I checked Limo Anywhere's site, and looked through their sites listed under "Web & Print Design", and so far 5 of the sites have asked me for a credit card on non secured pages, and one just simply crashed out.

Hopefully this is a small oversight, and will be fixed. Not trying to knock their service or discourage people from using it, but this is something to ask about if you go to use their service.

-Greg
    This space intentionally left blank.

Thats a horrific security breach for anyone submitting credit card data.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

REPOSTED PER LIMOS.COM REQUEST.

First of all I'd like to clarify that ALL sites managed by us directly have an SSL certificate on them and the only reason why you would see a site that either didn't appear to have a certificate or was non-secure is when the customer either opted to mask their URL or for whatever reason chose not to install the SSL certificate while still requiring the CC info.

It's a feature that you can turn on and off in Limo Anywhere.

For future reference, sites managed by us directly will be under https://www2.mylimobiz.com/company/.

I will look into all sites that appear not to have SSL certificates and notify the owners.

Thanks,
    Max.

P.S. Ms. Limos.com (Michelle I believe), please refrain form posting comments that could potentially harm a business without giving someone the opportunity to state their case. Words like "horrific security breach" were absolutely unnecessary in this case.

P.S. Ms. Limos.com (Michelle I believe), please refrain form posting comments that could potentially harm a business without giving someone the opportunity to state their case. Words like "horrific security breach" were absolutely unnecessary in this case.
    Advertising a site is SSL when in fact its not, is a HORRIFIC breach. Do you want your credit card data flying across the web unencrpyted thinking it was? Of course not.

Sounds like its not a software problem on your part, but owner error. Regardless who's error it is, it is a breach.

Those limo clients definitely need to be informed as I'd bet they have no clue they are operating un-secured.

Thanks for letting us know and clarifying the issue.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Once again, any reservation systems hosted on our servers are 100% secure.

We, as an ASP, take all the necessary actions to protect the data and make sure that all data routed through our servers is transferred via SSL.

I will personally go through all sites and make sure that everything is up to our standards.

Max.

If you would like to know which ones I found, drop me an e-mail at Greg@Wtvgames.com and I will let you know.

Like I said, I figured it was an oversight, good to hear is on the client's end. I know how that can happen, where I used to work, the person they got to replace me, while he could make web pages, had no clue to credit card info. He just bougt a "secure certificate" and thought was all.

I let my old boss know his site was hitting all three big No-No's on taking a credit card info. (non secure page, 3rd party access, and sending via e-mail). Needless to say, I got some side work to do it properly.

Anyhow, just wanted to bring it to light so that anyone who came across this thread would be sure to ask, and looks like in this case, they would have been told how to do it right

-Greg

Thank Greg, but I think we got it all under control.

Thanks,
    Max.

I asked when I had my site built to be secure and I have not had a problem with limoanywhere everything was set up right and secure on my site and I really like limoanywhere simple to use good support wonder if there is a motive behind some of these posts

Thanks for your feedback "mrmaceyyy"! We really appreciate it.

I don't believe there is a motive behind any of these posts, but you never know. As far as I know, we don't have any enemies. We even try to make friends with our competitors .

We didn't get where we are right now by not providing reliable service and good products. And I think our Testimonials page will confirm that.

Of course as any fast growing company we experience growing pains every once in a while (that's where a minor oversight may come in), but we do our best to adjust to our growth and keep everything in order.

Thanks,
    Max.

P.S. Greg, since you opted-in to be our unofficial QA/QC person, let me know if you will be interested in doing some Beta testing in the future. We have some things coming out within a few months and are looking for people that are familiar with the limo industry and are technically savvy.

If I have the time, would be glad to help out. Just drop me a line at the e-mail address I left on here.

And just to clarify, the motive behind my posts was to help get a security risk cleared up. I am glad to see it is not due to LimoAnywhere's system, and that they are alooking into the sites that use their system to help them make their sites more secure, and less likely to lose potential customers who, like me, check for a secure site before giving credit card info.

-Greg