• Yes, familiar, never used

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limoanywhere program

Julien
    Founder / CEO
    646.261-0265 Mobile
    Julien@PrivateChauffeurClub.com

Not a bad little system, has just about every feature, a little hard to navigate around, most likely due to being a web interface. They have an online working demo

Below are the links to one of our custom demos:

Administration System - https://www.mylimobiz.com/demo078/admin/

Username: admin
    Password: admin123 (both case sensitive)

The Online Reservation System: http://www.mylimobiz.com/demo078/reservations/login.asp

Username: jane
    Password: jane (both case sensitive)
    You can also create your own customer profile through the online reservation system.

Please keep in mind that this is a public demo and that there may be other people logged in at the same time as you.

For more information about the product, please visit our website at http://www.limoanywhere.com/.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Max Paltsev

Limo Anywhere, Inc.
    5100 Verde Valley Ln., #228
    Dallas, TX 75254
    Toll Free: 888-888-0302
    Direct: 214-432-9093
    Fax: 214-889-5600
    Email: max@limoanywhere.com
    Web: www.limoanywhere.com
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Looks pretty. Probably end up vaporware like 90% of limousine software. Wait 2-3 LCT show appearances before taking them seriously. If they can't make it to our 2 trade shows, they're not really interested.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Judadriver:
    Anybody familiar with this back office program
    Its similiar to Quickbooks Online edition but its gear towards Limousine industry.
    http://www.limoanywhere.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have played around with this system and it's pretty good. No networking problems to deal with up to 10 users simultaneously with the base package. Looks to me where the future is heading.

I tried it too. Not bad. I like the way it is set up. I didn't find it as hard to navigate as some of the other systems. The only problem I had with it was that it took long to change from page to page, where as on the other demo's that you download to your computer change pages quickly. Any of you have the same problem?
    Porsche

This program makes me nervous.

Having online access from anywhere is nice but having all of your data offsite is bad news. You would be SOL if you lost your network connection or if the software company itself went away.

using a conventional reservations program there are plenty of easy ways to access your data from anywhere in the world and still have it all reside securely on your own server or desktop PC. Just set up Remote Desktop access (free) or use www.gotomypc.com (about $20/mo).
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:

Having online access from anywhere is nice but having all of your data offsite is bad news. You would be SOL if you lost your network connection or if the software company itself went away. I also get a funny feeling about having someone else host my data but you can export the data to excel.

using a conventional reservations program there are plenty of easy ways to access your data from anywhere in the world and still have it all reside securely on your own server or desktop PC. Just set up Remote Desktop access (free) or use http://www.gotomypc.com (about $20/mo). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony I also use GoToMyPc and have for over 2 years now. My problems are local network problems here in my office. I spent 2k last year in maintaining my network here. The thought of getting rid of my network problems is very attractive to me.

Porsche Wrote:
    > The only problem I had with it was that it took
    > long to change from page to page
    Porsche, since the page data is being transmitted from your browser each time to thier database the page reload time largely depends on the speed of your internet connection. Are you on Dial Up, Cable or DSL? I did notice some delays and I am on Cable, but at every save of a reservation the data has to be sent to them and a new screen has to be sent back to you, so there is alot of data going back and forth. I would venture to say using this software would at a minimum require a cable connection dial up would be to slow.

> where as on the other demo's that you download
    > to your computer change pages quickly.
    In this situation the limiting factor is the speed of your computer rather than internet connection. And any computer built in the last 5 years should have no problem handiling such a simple piece of database software.

Tony Wrote:
    > having all of your data offsite is bad news.
    I do not know Tony, if we asked, how many operators would say they have a backup of thier system that is less than a day old, then the second question is were is it, in the desk drawer right next to the computer? There is something to be said to leaving the data storage to computer professionals, What kind of professionals this company is is yet to be seen, but I know many of the system admins I have met over the years really know there stuff when it comes to not losing a bit (or byte) of data, I would guess they think about this stuff more than the average person.

> You would be SOL if you lost your network connection
    You got a good point there, got to have backups for that, maybe a dial up or even a connection through your cell phone.

> there are plenty of easy ways to access your data from
    > anywhere in the world
    Tony I remember reading you were looking into setting up a Virtual Private Network VPN, Anything ever come of it. I got a router now that supports it just scared to take the plunge!! PC Anywhere is fine for now.

> have it all reside securely on your own server
    Thats the question how safe is it on your own server vs. a computer companies server room that hopefully is redundant with power and network connections and has a big old lock on the door and a big time firewall. Hopefully!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve W.:
    Porsche Wrote:
    > The only problem I had with it was that it took
    > long to change from page to page
    Porsche, since the page data is being transmitted from your browser each time to thier database the page reload time largely depends on the speed of your internet connection. Are you on Dial Up, Cable or DSL? I did notice some delays and I am on Cable, but at every save of a reservation the data has to be sent to them and a new screen has to be sent back to you, so there is alot of data going back and forth. I would venture to say using this software would at a minimum require a cable connection dial up would be to slow.

> where as on the other demo's that you download
    > to your computer change pages quickly.
    In this situation the limiting factor is the speed of your computer rather than internet connection. And any computer built in the last 5 years should have no problem handiling such a simple piece of database software.

Tony Wrote:
    > having all of your data offsite is bad news.
    I do not know Tony, if we asked, how many operators would say they have a backup of thier system that is less than a day old, then the second question is were is it, in the desk drawer right next to the computer? There is something to be said to leaving the data storage to computer professionals, What kind of professionals this company is is yet to be seen, but I know many of the system admins I have met over the years really know there stuff when it comes to not losing a bit (or byte) of data, I would guess they think about this stuff more than the average person.

> You would be SOL if you lost your network connection
    You got a good point there, got to have backups for that, maybe a dial up or even a connection through your cell phone.

> there are plenty of easy ways to access your data from
    > anywhere in the world
    Tony I remember reading you were looking into setting up a Virtual Private Network VPN, Anything ever come of it. I got a router now that supports it just scared to take the plunge!! PC Anywhere is fine for now.

> have it all reside securely on your own server
    Thats the question how safe is it on your own server vs. a computer companies server room that hopefully is redundant with power and network connections and has a big old lock on the door and a big time firewall. Hopefully!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spoke to the guy on the phone about my data being lost and he said it was continually backed up. There are many software vendors now that offer "online" software instead of residing on your own computer. A perfect example is Quickbooks Pro Online. I also expressed my concern if he went out of business. He told me that if you sign up with his company they will give you the source code with a copy of your data. The software also has an export feature that you can export your date into excel or access. This online program also works with Apple's browser so Mac users now have a limo sofware option. I still have some reservations about this option but I am firmly convinced this is the wave of the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:

Having online access from anywhere is nice but having all of your data offsite is bad news. You would be SOL if you lost your network connection or if the software company itself went away.

using a conventional reservations program there are plenty of easy ways to access your data from anywhere in the world and still have it all reside securely on your own server or desktop PC. Just set up Remote Desktop access (free) or use http://www.gotomypc.com (about $20/mo). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tony,
    Yes I totally agree with that. I spoke with Max for some time last night. Nice guy. But that was a concern of mine as well. with the other programs you can at least just use your computer without being on line. Then there is the problem of your server or cable/dsl connectoin. I have AOL Broadband...but just like today...I lost the connection. It took 30 minutes to get BACK online....not fun.
    This would NOT go over well with a client if you ended up having to start all over again putting it on paper anyway. But...I like the features. If I went with a program, I might consider this one if it had a disc you could put onto your computer. Plus,I'm not all that hip with all my clients information going to some company's data base...how do you all feel about this?
    Porsche

Steve:

We had been running FastTrak off a nice Desktop system running Win XP and utilizing a cable modem with static IP. I did set up a Win XP based VPN (very, very simple) and could have one offsite employee log into the system and access FastTrak on my desktop at home. This is a nice easy set up for a small operator who may want to have some offsite help running dispatch - you simply forward the phones to the remote location. The phones really become the limiting factor and our phone volume forced us to move into a larger office, which we just completed this week.

Now that we are in the new office with more users we have everything running from a new server, again with cable modem and static IP. I will be using either Remote Access or VPN (haven't decided yet) for offsite access from home to things such as email or FastTrak. Either way as long as I am at a place with internet connectivity it will pretty much be the same as if I was working right at the office desk, whether I am at home or out of the country. We also have a nice UPS system for power backup and perform complete daily tape backups. Backing up your data is critical, as you mentioned, if you are running your reservations software locally.

With call forwarding and Remote Access/VPN you can run your company from any location. Freeing yourself up to have all the tools of the office but the luxury to work/book runs/send confirmations etc from whatever location you decide is truly the wave of the future.

Whether you decide to control the data yourself or outsource it to another company (such as the one in this thread) I guess is a personal decision everyone will have to make. If you choose to outsource it I would just reiterate to ensure that you have a legitimate backup plan should the company close the doors and disappear, not just 'promises'. If the guarantee is solid you should be OK. I'd say its a bit of a stretch for this company to be comparing itself to a juggernaut such as Intuit. The size and track records of the company are not even in the same league. As for my humble little limo biz, my preference is to control my data myself.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Having learned a little bit about how the internet(s) work

I feel having your client database offsite is not showing due diligence with their personal data (name, address, phone, credit cards, all stuff that can be used effectively by identity thieves) Should that offsite datastore get hacked, I would think you should prepare for a lawsuit. One limo company is not much of a target with usually only a few thousand clients over the years. A limousine site and database for many limousine companies is a juicy target.

That also concerns me, is limoanywhere(sp?) all one database, your info just a couple cells over from the next guys? That wouldn't sound secure to me.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada

FASTTRAK is a very good program and Eddie McCoy saved many of us from the sidewalk soci vaporware vendors that certain elements of the industry supported. Those elements were very disappointed when I took their crooked software vendor out-they lost a Show exhibitor and advertiser, after all. For the industry-over 150 operators were screwed. Do you even think that the soci's cared. ( Soci's=fake people that pretend to know, but don't !! ) Thank God we have options now on software. As for the sidewalk soci's-they are still trying to figure out how many angels dance on the head of a pin...CLUELESS is their name and game...Remember the Pittsburgh Limousine Company case...
    Dean Schuler

> That also concerns me, is limoanywhere(sp?) all one database, your info
    > just a couple cells over from the next guys? That wouldn't sound secure to me.

It mentions in thier FAQ David that every company gets thier own data base. SO thats pretty good. Did not see the monthly fees before 600 a year is a little steep. Think they would give it to you for free to begin with at that rate.

Everything concerns me when it comes to the safety of my client's information. What with Microsoft Internet Explorer finding a new way to zombify your computer every 15 seconds, I'm not going to use it anymore.

I've just deactivated MSIE and installed Firefox and Thunderbird from Mozilla and I haven't had any real problems yet, functionality is all that and a bag of Cheetos.

I don't trust Mr. Bush's Internets.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada