Thread: '00 TC sedan heat troubles

Junior Member Limo Padawan

We have a '00 TC Sedan that has "sporadic" heat in the cabin.
    Now, the first time this occurred, it was on a longer run, heat worked for the first couple of hours then started blowing cool. None of the settings on the dash were changed. The mechanic tested everything and said he couldn't find any troubles and it was heating just fine for him. So back to the line it went.
    Again yesterday, this sedan was on a longer (8hr) run and after the first hour of heat it started blowing cool again. The windows started fogging up, (it was a little cold though), and after switching both defrosters on they cleared. The defroster didn't blow warm either, only just enough to clear the windows.
    Does anyone have any ideas I can share with the mechanic? Yes, he actually said it may have been "operator malfunction".

Theresa
    Jet Stream Limos
    Professional, Personal Service, always.

Blog Entries

Two things i have experienced with this heat thing.

Most common is the windows fogging up and the smell of colant. This is a problem with the heater core.

Second, only happened once on a 2001 Sedan was a heater computer/Circuit or something like this a small component located below the right wiper. It controlls the heater.

Just my two cents

Sometimes its those climate control modules (where all the buttons are) going bad and messing with your operations.
    --------------------------------

Town Car Heater Cores would last longer made of construction paper.....lol
    They are very prone to failure. Usually leaking is the problem. I've replaced two crown vics and my stretch, and my sedan is a project for a rainy day.

The problem is most likely with the climate control module. They are also somewhat prone to failure. My stretch control module has a fan speed control that has a mind of its own. Go to a salvage yard yank one out try it. Quite an expensive OEM replacement item.......

Food for thought....I'm sure this guy may be a good mechanic, but dont forget the basics-if your heater blows cold that might be a sign of low coolant or a thermostat problem. Check those before you pull out any parts!

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Thanks for the suggestions. My mechanic is checking the thermostat in the morning, then he'll take it from there. Now this time, he sort of chuckled and asked if I'd like him to "show me how to operate it again". Only this time he was joking with me, knowing that I was serious. Damn, I needed to smile about that time!

Thanks again all,

Theresa
    Professional, Personal Service, always.