Thread: Operator or Broker?

Three more Lacking Credible Truth to add to the list:

Metro (Mi) 310/19
    Presidential 88/41
    Diamond 73/15
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Originally posted by gunny:
    Verified CC (Valera) in NYC. They hold a Black Car base license with over 200 IC's placed under their base with names such as:

What exactly is a black card. What do these numbers mean(200IC's)?

Originally posted by SecuredTranspo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunny:
    Verified CC (Valera) in NYC. They hold a Black Car base license with over 200 IC's placed under their base with names such as:

What exactly is a black card. What do these numbers mean(200IC's)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Black cars are companies in NYC that operate like cabs with no meters. They sell vouchers to large companies and the clients give vouchers to the drivers instead of handling money. They are usually I/O's that pay a radio fee to the base company.

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SecuredTranspo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunny:

What exactly is a black card. What do these numbers mean(200IC's)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Black cars are companies in NYC that operate like cabs with no meters. They sell vouchers to large companies and the clients give vouchers to the drivers instead of handling money. They are usually I/O's that pay a radio fee to the base company. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To expand a little on Wade's remarks. To operate in NYC the motor carrier needs to obtain a base license from the TLC & from the base, tier I permits are issued to vehicles that work for that base. Tier I permits means that the vehicle is authorized to provide intra-city transportation.

Now when we look up Valera on the NYCTLC site (Blackcar base)we can pull the unique base number assigned. Then we pop over to the TLC listing of permitted vehicles arranged by base number. The listing shows who the vehicles are registered to & therefore it can be determined if the Operator owning the base is running his/her cars, using Independent Operators or a mixture of both.

Another example, under the limousine base listing we can pull up DavEl's number & jump over to the vehicles permitted & see that the vehicles permitted for DavEl are in fact registered to DavEL.

I don't remember the actual numbers for DavEl but lets use the figure of 60.

Valera claims a fleet size of over 200 yet the TLC vehicle listing shows none of the vehicles registered to Valera (all IO's)

DavEl claims a fleet size of 60 in NYC & the TLC listing shows 60 cars registered to DavEl.

Who has the actual larger fleet?

Gunny, this info is too big to be on this forum. I would recommend starting a new forum in regards to the numbers.

Dave

Originally posted by D. Hartson:
    Gunny, this info is too big to be on this forum. I would recommend starting a new forum in regards to the numbers.

Dave
    Hey Dave, You come up with the Title & I'll start a new......

That is a new tomorrow........ I'm tired.....

LCT at it again. Top 100 list a fraud

What do you think?

Have a good night

Dave

Blog Entries

Good investigating Gunny.

There should be new list out.

Top 100 with leased cars, company owned cars and number of employees.