Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limo Software

Im currentley using fasttrak but i am looking to switch to something hat does a little bit more. I am looking into lms gold. Does anyone use this and if so how do you like it?

Blog Entries

I have been using Fastrak for about three years now and i love it.

The best thing about it is the amount of affliation work I get, especially from California Area.

How does this help you with affilate work?

What do you mean by a little bit more?? What else are you looking for it to do?

The company I work for is using LMS gold for windows and the only reason they are is the owner has been using it since it was in DOS version. If there was not a relearning curve so steep I would have started him with another package. It's fine for running a business but there are some odd things that need to be addressesd.

I think you would only be trading one set of shortcomings (if there are any with Fasttrack) for another.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

I do alot of reservations over the phone and via e-mail. I would like to be able to e-mail client a conteact witout having to scan something and e-mailing that. Also i find that in like the points of interest section there is not enough room to enter the whole landmark such as street and city.

Originally posted by limos4u:
    I do alot of reservations over the phone and via e-mail. I would like to be able to e-mail client a conteact witout having to scan something and e-mailing that. Also i find that in like the points of interest section there is not enough room to enter the whole landmark such as street and city.
    The landmark part of Fasttrak is one of the reasons I won't buy the program. It is the worst that I have seen. You cannot even map from the address.

Wade what program are you running?

Originally posted by limos4u:
    Wade what program are you running?
    I am using Limowiz. It has a pretty good landmark-points of interest table. You can click any address in the table and it will automatically pull up a map of the location. You can even choose which map program, google, mapquest or mappoint. All of these are free. I actually think LMS has a better landmark table though. It is very detailed.

I really want to move over to computer contract and no more writing. Being able to e-mail contract along with cc form and so one and so forth. I just dont feel that fastrak can do that. Believe me i dont want to switch because its about 4000 but i think i might not have a chioce.

To expland on Wades comments LMS while it has a mapping function button all it does is open a web browser with yahoo maps. And it does not even input the address for lookup. Unless maybe my company does not have the most up to date functionality on that feature as we do not use it. We leave it up to the driver to find thier own way, it's thier job.

On the contracts and CC form it is somewhat intregrated into the program as it will open a word document (I think minimum needed is Office 2000) and then import some of the reservations details from the main datebase into the word document. You can then fax that document or email as an attatchment. So not completely integrated but a nice feature. But you can do the same thing by just editing some dates and times in a word document for each job and saving a copy.

Is there not a contract form on the bottom of fasttrack you can edit? I think most usually include that as a minimum. Renting a limo is not the most complicated thing should be able to cover it in a few paragraphs.

I would even look to set up a signature file in your email program that has our credit card auth. and contract text preloaded. Wont look very nice but it will hold up in court.

There are lots of options to put more automation and computerization into your process and you do not have to pay anyone to do it.

While the landmark table does sound like a bit of a shortoming do not think you will not have any others with other programs. Maybe better to push fasttrack for some changes in thier software.

Originally posted by Steve W.:
    To expland on Wades comments LMS while it has a mapping function button all it does is open a web browser with yahoo maps. And it does not even input the address for lookup. Unless maybe my company does not have the most up to date functionality on that feature as we do not use it. We leave it up to the driver to find thier own way, it's thier job.

On the contracts and CC form it is somewhat intregrated into the program as it will open a word document (I think minimum needed is Office 2000) and then import some of the reservations details from the main datebase into the word document. You can then fax that document or email as an attatchment. So not completely integrated but a nice feature. But you can do the same thing by just editing some dates and times in a word document for each job and saving a copy.

Is there not a contract form on the bottom of fasttrack you can edit? I think most usually include that as a minimum. Renting a limo is not the most complicated thing should be able to cover it in a few paragraphs.

I would even look to set up a signature file in your email program that has our credit card auth. and contract text preloaded. Wont look very nice but it will hold up in court.

There are lots of options to put more automation and computerization into your process and you do not have to pay anyone to do it.

While the landmark table does sound like a bit of a shortoming do not think you will not have any others with other programs. Maybe better to push fasttrack for some changes in thier software.
    I think the latest version of LMS automatically maps the address for you. If we did not have hurricanes down here I would have bought Limoanywhere.

Blog Entries

Eveyone had different opnions on Software. Every limo software is different.

The best thing to do is to go to a Limo Show and see everyones product(software).

Only you know what you want or need in a product.

Thats what im going to do. Im going to wait untill the november limo show before i make any rash desicions. Thanks everyone for all you input.

I was trying to look for JHJ old post on evaluation limo software because it was so great. Basically he said even at a show you cannot get a good idea of the softwares capabilities. You really have to run your business with them for a few months to see if they will work for you. That may mean running a few systems in parralell with live trips and accounts. Going through the entire process from taking the reservation to inputing the payment to exporting to your accounting software to see how it will work for you. Problem is not all software vendors allow you to evaluate for so long with full versions of the software. Some do like limo wiz and LMS gold.

So definately get a demo and start trying it out by running it in paralell to your current software. At least you wil have more informed questions to ask the developers when you do go to the show.