Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cover for stretch

Junior Member Limo Padawan

I just bought my first stretch . 120 lincoln tuxedo. I listened to everybody advice and I went for the lincoln. NOw next advice is who sells covers for stretch cars. I don't have right now protection for the car and I don't want to spend money on washing the car everyday
    are covers ok?

Hey Premiumsedan,
    There are companies out there that sell nice heavy covers for limos. I bought one 2 years ago on Ebay for around $80.00 with the shipping.It was lightly used. It was heavy enough to keep the car dry from rain and the bird crap off of it too. Another good thing is the cover will protect the top. You will need to hose the cover off every once in a while because it seems to collect dust. This is a great substitute for a carport or garage. If you have to spend the full amount for one get it because it will save the paint and top on your car.
    John

MTG sells the Evolution covers for a 120 for about $250.00. I use them and they work fine.

Here is a link:

MTG Covers

These covers are only water resistant, not water tight, but that is what you want, since a waterproof cover will trap ground moisture inside, thus causing a mildew odor.

You have an option to build an awning enclosure for it? If you can do that and keep a good coat of wax on it so when you take it out you can go over it with a duster to shine it up. 120" limo covers are so bulky and hard to get on and off it is really a two person job and for that reason they do not get used as much as they should.

I am talking about something like this:

The ones we use have sides also. and we found a guy that uses old TV promotion canvases (kind they hang on sides of buildings) for covers so the price was real good and there are few seams in our awnings and we park 4 limos right in a row under them. Bolted to the ground keeps them from blowing away.

Just have to stare at a big face of the guy from the TV show Alias on the underside of them!

If you cannot do an awning I may have an extra covers I could sell ya, few years old but they did not see much use! Let me know
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Hey steve I'm interested in buying one of your covers, I'll send you an e mail later. A friend of mine in the business has a awning enclosure but his office is a little out of the way, I might use it sometimes but I figure I'd get a cover just in case

Yes, I have a cover from MTG too. It is very nice. Only thing I can recommend is if it is a windy day, you need to make sure the caove is tight against the car or remove it. The cover will whip the paint and wear it off. FYI

Originally posted by D. Hartson:
    Yes, I have a cover from MTG too. It is very nice. Only thing I can recommend is if it is a windy day, you need to make sure the caove is tight against the car or remove it. The cover will whip the paint and wear it off. FYI
    Good call, and also, use the rope tie-downs provided, not bungee cords. The hard plastic and or metal hooks on bungee cords will scratch the hell out of your rocker pannels and lower fenders, despite the padding behing the eye loops on most covers.

Blog Entries

Opinions please... which is better (from MTG's site)... Evolution or the MAX?

Originally posted by Digger:
    Opinions please... which is better (from MTG's site)... Evolution or the MAX?
    I use the Evolution covers. They are very soft as covers go, and they breathe, so moisture does not get trapped inside causing mildew and odor.

They come with extra gromets to make openings for cars with exterior antenas, and fit the cars quite well. They will blow off in a nice breeze if you don't use the tie downs.

I got mine from MTG. They arrived in less than a week from the time the order was placed.

If you need a "waterproof" cover, the Evo is not for you.

Banned

I purchased a cover from MTG a few years ago. I had nothing but problems. In high winds I had it tied down good, but it scratched and chip off paint. Also broke the boomerang. So after paying $250 for the cover and $800 in damage, it is now wadded up in the corner of the basement.

I found one from empire, they cover upto 30'. their website has a computer generation tool so you can see what the cover looks like on and off the limo pretty cool.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

they trash the paint even in low wind. would only use a cover in the garage. they are completely useless.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

we stopped using covers. They put huge scuff marks on the top.

We still use coves but use 5 rachet straps to tie them down, we cut up some rubber car mats to place under the rachets so they dont scratch the paint work..
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

Didn't Limo Bill say something about using covers because he lives on a gravel road? Paging Limo Bill...Paging Limo Bill...what has been your experience with covers?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service