Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: NLA Propaganda (What They Don't Want You To Know)

[quote]Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Transparency is a prime business value. Is this sort of like NLA Leadership being honest with its' members?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

So, did the NLA accomplish anything of significant importance during 2007?

Breaking News
    On 21 November 2007, the DOT General Counsel finally responded to an congressional inquiry dated 22 January 2007 regarding airports abiding by the provisions mandated by the RIDE Act.

The General Counsel notified the members of Congress that an advisory notice was sent to airports on 5 November 2007.

It is obvious, the dates are indicative on the priority of this matter & the airports are implementing corrective measures as swiftly as possible.

Gunny, I like the direction that the NLA has taken the past ten years with a lobbyist. I support the NLA wholeheartly in their efforts here. Where they are challenged is in their interface with the other strong forces in the ground transportation industry. EXAMPLE: Limousine Digest is not allowed on NLA Association Conference Calls. Can you imagine anything more screwed up than that ? The Limousine Industry's largest publication is not invited. That alone speaks volumes about the cartel and their definition of the hired car trade.
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Gunny, I like the direction that the NLA has taken the past ten years with a lobbyist. I support the NLA wholeheartly in their efforts here. Where they are challenged is in their interface with the other strong forces in the ground transportation industry. EXAMPLE: Limousine Digest is not allowed on NLA Association Conference Calls. Can you imagine anything more screwed up than that ? The Limousine Industry's largest publication is not invited. That alone speaks volumes about the cartel and their definition of the hired car trade.
    Well Dean, for the first part, I've been around since the end of 93 & you since I was a 19 year old Cpl. The question I would bring forth, is this Industry better off today than it was 10 years ago? Lobbying is great if it produces something, anything that benefits the Industry as a whole.

You're fighting your battles, I'm fighting mine,south Fl just formed a new association to fight issues similar to what I've been yelling about & the NLA Queen is pissing & moaning about paying her drivers OT.

For the second part, "What they don't want you to know" is the title of this thread & Digest isn't the chosen "feel good, we do no wrong" rag for the NLA.

The election results are in & Scott Solombrino (DavEl) is back in a directors chair.

Unfortunately Rick Versace out of Boca Raton didn't get elected. I say unfortunately because at least he recognizes the burdens that repetitious licensing places on the motor carriers. I'm hopeful that he will use the new association recently formed as a launching pad to fight for change in Florida.

Parting words from NLA Prez Jeff Greene
    "While our accomplishments have been many during the past two years, we have much more to take on ... and we will"

Sorry, I don't see it. The MANY accomplishments that is.

"We continue to fight for our rights as operators and continue to bird dog legislation that could have adverse effects on all of us"

The only thing I've seen (actually read from official recordings) on a local level was the GM for NLA Director Julie Herring standing in front of the Tampa regulatory commission & urging that commission to deny market entry of new applicants only to appear the next month to backpeddle after threatening phone calls came in (be careful who one opposes).

Over the past 2 years, regulation on the National level has gotten more restrictive & doing business more expensive despite the claims of much accomplishment by the NLA.

I belong to the NLA solely for the referrals; we are in a black hole of sorts; I get calls from operators in New York asking how close we are to the "Richmond" airport and I ask if they realize that Virginia and West Virginia split off after the civil war. (Could you bossy NYC ops look at a map?!?!!?) That being said, I see more getting done through NFIB if you want lobbying. JMO - btw, "Gunny" - hmmm, as Gunnery?