Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NLA Propaganda (What They Don't Want You To Know)

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:

Joe Bonomolo is a good guy. And he did get totally wiped out from the storm. Glad to see he got something. He is a DavEl affiliate.
    First of all, we all know that 1 grand isn't spit & hopefully DavEl has provided more support to help one of its affiliates.

Speaking of DavEl, here is one name missing from the donation roster.

Now it may be a little too early to throw mud, but I am wondering why the majors are not on the roster & also how much of the collected donations will go to affiliates v. non-affiliates. Will this be a buoying of the affiliates in a market power play?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Considering that many fleets were literally washed away and tourism is just starting to stir, power plays don't seem to be on the menu.
    Lets see:
    Many fleets wiped out/out of business or struggling to stay in business.

The NLA starts a drive to help members stay afloat.

Missing from contributions are the affiliation driven organizations such as DavEl & Carey.

Also missing are the large local associations.

Would the affiliate type organizations want non-affiliates to survive & up & running when the market returns?

Or, would they rather see only the affiliates running?

Sorry Dean, seems as though there is something deeper happening here & the NLA Donor list is a proof source of such. What other reason for so many missing "Big League" Donors?

Considering that many fleets were literally washed away and tourism is just starting to stir, power plays don't seem to be on the menu.
    Dean Schuler

Gunny, Many of the networks will hire "anyone" in remote rural parts of the country. The problems in Beirut ( Captain Hook ) and the Banana Republic are long-standing and have nothing to do with the NLA...
    Dean Schuler

Gunny, Many of the networks will hire "anyone" in remote rural parts of the country. The problems in Beirut ( Captain Hook ) and the Banana Republic are long-standing and have nothing to do with the NLA...
    Dean is Captain Hook back to his old ways again???

Wade, It is reported that Hook has been lurking in Pirates Alley near the St. Louis Cathedral. Hotel sources have been whispering about renewed sharecropper activity. Stock up on RAID....
    Dean Schuler

Yes, However, all those deep pocketed leaders of the industry who haven't ponied up in support of the NLA's "Katrina Relief Fund" do have something to do with the NLA. Example, Boroday who is President of the Florida Ground Transportation Association & also sat on the NLA Board when this all started somehow failed to get the locals in Florida to kick in to the effort.

Once again, the NLA & "Powers To Be" are in it for the large operators. Amazing how the NLA is able to drop 500k to smooze politicos on the GG issue to benefit the large operators yet can't manage to put funds together to really help (not the BS 1 grand donation) some small operators in dire straights.

Nothing but hypocrites!!!

Hopefully the committed operators applied for SBA Loans. For many, the hurricanes were their "out" -a chance to exit a business where they weren't making it.
    Dean Schuler

All Fine & Dandy.

Still no explanation of why so little "Katrina Relief" support from the industry elite or the 30 associations the NLA claims to have under its realm minus the couple that did kick in.

Truth, what a concept! Not on this forum or industry when the layers are peeled away.

Gunny, With more hurricanes arriving this summer you will be able to give them a second chance !
    Dean Schuler

Gunny, With more hurricanes arriving this summer you will be able to give them a second chance !
    Screw that!

Some people drive because that is all they can do.

I'm 3rd generation carpenter. 2 of my brothers moved here in the past year (also carpenters + a roofing estimator ) & last week I obtained home improvement licenses for KOZAK Brothers Home Repairs & Custom Painting.

Bring on the winds!

Still does not answer the basic question of the NLA's failure or more like the Industry's failure to support the Katrina Relief Fund. Can't even get a good "spin" from the "know it alls".

OK, Lets keep this real simple:

Further down on this thread is a list of contributors to the NLA Katrina Relief Fund. Missing from this list is most of the heavy hitter/big time limousine operations, the "I am great just ask me crowd", "the I love the NLA crowd", & most of the local & State associations. Question is:

Why have all of these reps of the Industry failed to contribute to the Katrina Relief Fund?

Spin at your own risk.

As a member of the GCLA, I can tell you that we struggle just to pay our lobbyist and our own expenses of running the organization which has a sole purpose of serving CALIFORNIA operators. As the newsletter writer for GCLA and an active member, I can tell you that as selfish as it may be, we cannot afford to help another state regardless of how it happened. Just as you would not expect a person with limited income to make a large donation to any cause if they are barely making it. Every dime that comes in to the association is all from our members and you know damned well Gunny there isn't a lot of money in this business anyway. I pay my dues and make donations along the way with the expectation that the association will address issues in California. Just because we are in the same industry does not mean we have to support every freakin' problem in the nation. While I truly feel badly for those operators, why should state associations be considered for support. We are not a relief agency. More importantly, there are so many "Katrina Funds" out there, I think it is more important to find out where THAT money is being spent. Where is the government money being spent that came out of our taxes already. Every agency from the Red Cross to the Salvation Army has a Katrina fund and they are set up specifically to help people. The limousine industry is not.

I can also tell you as an affiliate for CLS/Empire, Music Express, Diva, ELS, Blacktie, Carey etc. etc. they wouldn't give a rat's ass about me if I had a business problem. Affiliates merely perform jobs in a given geographic location. There is no financial interest in my company from anyone I am "affiliated" with nor do I have any financial investment in theirs so it is ridiculous to think that they would help. What's in it for them? The fact is, they would find someone else in the area to do the work before they helped me back up on my feet and that is just they way it is.

As for the NLA proceeds and where they went, stop ranting and raving about this here and get on the phone and call Fran Shane at (800) 652-7007 and ASK him to fax you a list of where the money went. There is no one here on this forum that can answer the question so it is pointless to keep going on and on about this subject. And by the way, leave LCT out of this! The fund is administered by the NLA, not a magazine that promoted the donations. As a writer for LCT, I feel that I write good stories that help operators come up with their own ideas in their own market. If you don't like the magazine, don't read it! There may be stuff in there that is wrong from time to time. I don't think the whole world is perfect. I personally spoke with the Editor, JoLynn, when LCT sent out an e-mail blast about parking at the Rose Bowl ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. How stupid is that? But then again, I realize I am not reading People Magazine. It is an industry magazine with a bunch of freelance writers sending in their opinions, thoughts and ideas and the magazine publishes them.

This ranting and raving has been going on too long. I have remained silent but cannot do so anymore without at least making the recommendation to stop playing the armchair quarterback, make a call to Fran, get the information you crave so much and report it here so this thread can be closed once and for all. It is not the least bit productive and surely there must be marketing work to do, reservations to take, year end filing, post-run satisfaction calls, bills to pay, invoices to prepare and things that actually will make money.

Have a good weekend. Will someone please help me off the soapbox? Not you though Gunny, I'm afraid you'll kick my ass off it.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

There is another thing you guys are overlooking. Real "believers" don't give money publically, they give it privately knowing their reward is not of of the admiration of men but of their father in heaven. I have a feeling that there is alot of giving and helping going on in private. Just my 2 cents.

Well said Wade.
    David E. Merrill