Thread: vibrations

i own a 92 120" lincoln and cannot get ridd of a 30-35 mile hr stearing wheel vibration we have done rotors/pads/shocks/driveshaft/u joints/ball joints upper lwr ctrl arms/new tires- to no avail any one have an answer??? thanks

You might want to have another repair shop re-balance your tires. I had the same problem and it turned out that the place that balanced my tires did not do it correctly (twice). All the technology in the world cannot make up for a tech that does not know what they are doing. Good Luck

thanks for your reply we had the new michelans high speed balanced on the car could it come from the power steering pump

I had a 1995 that did the same thing. Check out the drive line, after the years of use limos start to sag, (nothing you can do about it) But what i did i made a set of shims for the carrier bearing out of hard rubber in all diffrent sizes, and used the process of elimination. Also my mechanic wants to weld in a brace to hold the cross member up at the carrier bearing, he thinks this will eliminate all the vibration.