Thread: Anyone Use ACT 2005 or Microsoft OFFICE Professional addition

I'm wondering if anyone uses Act 2005 or Microsoft OFFICE Professional Ediitons to run your limousine service?

If so,do you use them entirely to operate your business? How many employees, cars and customers do you tract this way and do you like using them? Do you find these to be good programs?
    Thanks so much!
    Porsche

MS Office Pro includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, so yes we use it pretty much every day.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Using ACT! for a limousine business would require at least two additional programs, these are called ACT! Add-ons. You would need a scheduling Add-on program and a invoicing Add-on program. Then you would need an ACT! consultanat to correctly customize the scheduling program and the invoicing program. I got quotes a few years ago for this and the price was around $3000.00 including the consultants time. The consultanat looked at my LimoWiz program and told me it still wouldn't be as good as Limowiz. Limowiz is only around $1200.00 I think.

Now Office Professional is a word processing, spreadsheet, and database program. It is really seperate programs that have the ability to share information. You would spend a fortune getting Microsoft Access to work the way that Limowiz works.

By the way I own all of the above programs and are proficient in each one of them. I use ACT! for my client mailings and mail merging. Limowiz at my urging added a feature that allows you to send your client address and name information into ACT! simply by pushing a button on the client screen.

To get a little further into this ACT! is a contact management software and is mainly marketed to sales professionals that want to keep very detailed sales records on clients. I bought it because I think its also the best database-mail merge software also. I simply go to the account portion in Limowiz and click the "add to ACT!" button and it sends this clients name and address to ACT!. Now the client is added into ACT! with no further typing.

I highly suggest buying Limowiz and buying ACT! if you keep in contact with your clients like I do. For both programs you will only be spending around $1500.00.

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    Using ACT! for a limousine business would require at least two additional programs, these are called ACT! Add-ons. You would need a scheduling Add-on program and a invoicing Add-on program. Then you would need an ACT! consultanat to correctly customize the scheduling program and the invoicing program. I got quotes a few years ago for this and the price was around $3000.00 including the consultants time. The consultanat looked at my LimoWiz program and told me it still wouldn't be as good as Limowiz. Limowiz is only around $1200.00 I think.

Now Office Professional is a word processing, spreadsheet, and database program. It is really seperate programs that have the ability to share information. You would spend a fortune getting Microsoft Access to work the way that Limowiz works.

By the way I own all of the above programs and are proficient in each one of them. I use ACT! for my client mailings and mail merging. Limowiz at my urging added a feature that allows you to send your client address and name information into ACT! simply by pushing a button on the client screen.

To get a little further into this ACT! is a contact management software and is mainly marketed to sales professionals that want to keep very detailed sales records on clients. I bought it because I think its also the best database-mail merge software also. I simply go to the account portion in Limowiz and click the "add to ACT!" button and it sends this clients name and address to ACT!. Now the client is added into ACT! with no further typing.

I highly suggest buying Limowiz and buying ACT! if you keep in contact with your clients like I do. For both programs you will only be spending around $1500.00.
    WOW WADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am IMPRESSED! I don't think I've seen you write so much and that was all very good information! That helps me. I get over whelmed with so much software out there it is so hard to choose which to try since I've done all the paper work by hand but now it is just too much. AND i can't just put in a clients name and find their info. I really liked the Livery coach a LOT as it looks like it has all that I'd need but I do not want to spend that kind of money. So I'm not sure if I should just be patient and save my pennys and get it, or do something else. If I got the Act! 2005, would I need to get all the other things you spoke about to go with it? Or would that be good enough for now.

Also....do any of the programs you spoke about print out client address labels? I'd love to have something that I can just click a button and print out address labels so I can send out cards and thank you notes but it would be way to time consuming to have to type out each one individually. AND I'd like to be able to put my contracts into the program the way I have them now. I like the way we've set them up but would like to be able to have them all in one place rather then having to click over to so many other programs.
    Thanks again Wade.
    Porsche
    Thank you.
    Porsche

Originally posted by GRANDEST MASTER PORSCHE!:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wade Randolph:

WOW WADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am IMPRESSED! I don't think I've seen you write so much and that was all very good information! That helps me. I get over whelmed with so much software out there it is so hard to choose which to try since I've done all the paper work by hand but now it is just too much. AND i can't just put in a clients name and find their info. I really liked the Livery coach a LOT as it looks like it has all that I'd need but I do not want to spend that kind of money. So I'm not sure if I should just be patient and save my pennys and get it, or do something else. If I got the Act! 2005, would I need to get all the other things you spoke about to go with it? Or would that be good enough for now.

Also....do any of the programs you spoke about print out client address labels? I'd love to have something that I can just click a button and print out address labels so I can send out cards and thank you notes but it would be way to time consuming to have to type out each one individually. AND I'd like to be able to put my contracts into the program the way I have them now. I like the way we've set them up but would like to be able to have them all in one place rather then having to click over to so many other programs.
    Thanks again Wade.
    Porsche
    Thank you.
    Porsche </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACT! does print labels. There is also an add-on program for contracts to work with ACT!. ACT! will even allow you to keep attachments with each client. For example you might want a photo or scanned file to be associated with a client. With ACT! you simply scan the photo or file and attach it within that clients record. It will be there permenantly.

ACT! does print labels. There is also an add-on program for contracts to work with ACT!. ACT! will even allow you to keep attachments with each client. For example you might want a photo or scanned file to be associated with a client. With ACT! you simply scan the photo or file and attach it within that clients record. It will be there permenantly.

Wade Randolph
    OH that is great. Neat feature. Ok so I'd need Act!2005 and which add on program? How much does the add on program cost?
    Thanks,
    Porsche

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ACT! does print labels. There is also an add-on program for contracts to work with ACT!. ACT! will even allow you to keep attachments with each client. For example you might want a photo or scanned file to be associated with a client. With ACT! you simply scan the photo or file and attach it within that clients record. It will be there permenantly.

Wade Randolph
    OH that is great. Neat feature. Ok so I'd need Act!2005 and which add on program? How much does the add on program cost?
    Thanks,

For right now just buy ACT! 2005. Are the contracts your talking about on your computer? Or are they in a filing cabinet?

For right now just buy ACT! 2005. Are the contracts your talking about on your computer? Or are they in a filing cabinet?

Wade Randolph
    OHHHHH yes they are on the computer. When I said I do everything by hand I didn't mean I write everything out. lol. Sorry about the confusion there. I do have professional looking contracts that I made with Corel Word Perfect. Everything, including the clients information, is typed out. The only writing on it is the clients signature. I'd LOVE to have a "fillable" form but for now, everything moves around when I type in the information. But it'll do for now. I'd like to be able to transfer it from the coral to what ever program I end up using.
    Thanks!
    Porsche

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For right now just buy ACT! 2005. Are the contracts your talking about on your computer? Or are they in a filing cabinet?

Wade Randolph
    OHHHHH yes they are on the computer. When I said I do everything by hand I didn't mean I write everything out. lol. Sorry about the confusion there. I do have professional looking contracts that I made with Corel Word Perfect. Everything, including the clients information, is typed out. The only writing on it is the clients signature. I'd LOVE to have a "fillable" form but for now, everything moves around when I type in the information. But it'll do for now. I'd like to be able to transfer it from the coral to what ever program I end up using.
    Thanks!

With ACT! 2005 you just scan the document (if you want the signed contract with the account)or if you just want the unsigned document you can attach the file from Word Perfect. You don't need any other programs to do this.

One more thing I forgot to mention. ACT! has a very nice word processor built in. You could cut and paste your contracts from Word Perfect into the ACT! word processor. This way all your client data would be in one location.

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    One more thing I forgot to mention. ACT! has a very nice word processor built in. You could cut and paste your contracts from Word Perfect into the ACT! word processor. This way all your client data would be in one location.
    Yes that is exactly what I'd like to do. I hope they are easy to use or at least come with good instructions as I am not proficient in using those programs.
    thanks,
    Porsche

Ok....so which one would be better to use though.....ACT 2005 or Microsoft OFFICE Professional edition? I'm having a problem deciding which to get but do not want to go over kill on it.
    Thanks,
    Porsche

Ok....so which one would be better to use though.....ACT 2005 or Microsoft OFFICE Professional edition? I'm having a problem deciding which to get but do not want to go over kill on it.
    Thanks,
    Porsche
    They are really different programs but from what you described you want to do I would choose ACT!. You would have much too hard of a time setting up the database program in Microsoft Office. ACT! is very powerful and pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

They are really different programs but from what you described you want to do I would choose ACT!. You would have much too hard of a time setting up the database program in Microsoft Office. ACT! is very powerful and pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

Wade Randolph
    AND wouldn't you know it!!!!!! Just as I'm picking up the phone to call the hubby and ask him to get me the ACT! 2005 instead of the Microsoft Office.....he walks in the door with the Microsoft Office professional!!! UUUGGGHHH!
    LOL This just isn't my day! So I asked him to take it back but they will not take back software...so for now, it looks like I'm stuck with the Microsoft Office. CALGON.......TAKE ME AWAY!!!!
    Porsche