Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Florida Intrastate Transportation Alliance

Senior Member Limo Padawan ziggyburd's Avatar

The number of MALCONTENTS are increasing. "What do you think of us now, Coxie Boy?
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

http://www.thefita.com/

Malcontent Member

Gunny any news?
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

Malcontent Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyburd View Post
    Gunny any news?
    No, how about you? Dig up anything worth reporting lately?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

Personally I admire you local Floridians. I am always with you guys when it comes to unjust rule.

But is it worth to spend so much money for attorney fees not to mention your precious time for an event that is going to last one Sunday evening ?

Good luck on the fight and hopefully more operators can get into the action in fighting,

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    Personally I admire you local Floridians. I am always with you guys when it comes to unjust rule.

But is it worth to spend so much money for attorney fees not to mention your precious time for an event that is going to last one Sunday evening ?

Good luck on the fight and hopefully more operators can get into the action in fighting,
    It's not about just one Sunday as you think. It's about every single day they are in operation.
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

Malcontent Member

Default The Big Enchilada

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post

This isn't about one event. Doesn't communist Seattle have an anti-trade law preventing new market entry for airport ground transportation? If so, who marketed this restriction to the regulators? What would the impact be to the Industry if this restriction was lifted?

In 2001 Tampa's Limo Regulator allowed Carey and numerous other limo services into the city to conduct VFH operations without licensing mandated in a state law. When the Super Bowl event ended the cowards once again was tossing the small fry operators into jail for doing exactly what they allowed Carey to do. The HCPTC'S Executive Director Greg Cox was a member of Tampa's Super Bowl Delegation in 2005 & in the bidding, guarantees were made to once again allow Carey to bring in hundreds of unlicensed vehicles & drivers.

This guarantee by Cox made while he was defending lawsuits & prosecuting arrests.

So this action isn't about a one day event (which the Super Bowl isn't) but about a communistic law applied 365. Instead of fighting the law, we are demanding enforcement of it to a "T" as it is enforced upon us. If that enforcement brings ill results to tranportation during the SB week, too farking bad.

As far as the money & effort? Most of us have military backgrounds & we recognize our sacrifices for a little liberty are miniscule compared to others in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for explaining it further. Carey will make millions of $$$$ and the local boys will sit at home and watch the money go out of town. LIMOJESS what would you do if this happened in your area?
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

Malcontent Member

Default Alliance Is Growing As The Opposition Falls Apart

The Florida Intrastate Transportation Alliance was a little idea that I had as a vehicle for all to launch attacks & challenge the regulators, taxi industry & the limo taxiheads.

The Alliance has no membership dues or applications. Our cohorts vary from motor carriers, travel agents, consumers, the news media, lawyers and even elements of local & state government. The FITA site pulls in over 300 unique visitors monthly who view an average of 1,500 pages.

During the building of the Alliance we have witnessed 1 regulator lover & former VP of the West Florida Livery Association (WFLA) go belly up. The Prez of the WFLA & a GM for another large company press for markey entry restrictions. Well, the Prez who was acting as a GM for a limo service has been by all accounts canned. The GM (Rocky Shirey) for Julie's has been rumored to have fleeced the company after Herring's death & gone splitsville. We have witnessed the Prez of the WFLA (Dave Shaw) push to prevent the use of moderate priced, fuel efficient vehicles & the raising of minimum insurance coverages 3 time that of taxicabs in a blatant failed attempt to drive operating costs so high, mom & pops would fold to the benefit of the few elite who themselves now find bill collectors banging on the door while the mom & pops are still hanging in.

Most important, we got to witness Greg Cox, the Ex Director of Tampa's Limo regulator (HCPTC), whose ass the likes of Dave Shaw kissed get canned & we are not through with him yet. Noted is that Cox applied the tag we wear as a badge of courage. He described us as Malcontents & Malcontents is a title we wear proudly.

FITA has forced the HCPTC to try & change its law & successfully blocked an attempt to allow out-of-state drivers into Tampa for large special events such as the Super Bowl. We have 3 federal suits against them on a wide range of issues. We will be filing 2 more Federal Injunctions in the near future. Every day I receive e-mails asking for advice & feeding me industry info statewide. I have received calls from attorneys in other states asking for advice. FITA is growing into its own as the go-to-guys for operators frustrated by the theives of the industry.

I encourage all who believe that their intrastate transport should not be limited to the local jurisdicition sticker on the windshield to get into the fight & we will provide the base of which to start from. This invite comes with the warning that we have no use for cheerleaders. Want to be a cheerleader, go join the WFLA, GOLA or the FLA.

Through activism we have made changes. Through the courts, press & politicians more changes will be coming.

Keep up the good work Gunny. People are now listening I hope?
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

Malcontent Member

Gunny, I had the chance to read some of the items posted on http://www.thefita.com/ that's a hellava site.

Smile Us constitution

Gunny"s site is an american patriot site !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zburdette View Post
    gunny, i had the chance to read some of the items posted on http://www.thefita.com/ that's a hellava site.
    Dean Schuler

Default Changes Are Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    Gunny"s site is an american patriot site !!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You Dean!

The site averages 900 page views per month & therefore I call it a successful website.

Top pages visited are the state & federal laws, lawsuits, taxicab Barons, HCPTC, WFLA, NLA/TLPA, Super Bowl & of course many want to know who in the hell I am.

As I get the time & motivation/inspiration I will be making some changes consolidating or eliminating less visited pages & introducing others that will concentrate more on the Limo Scourges of Florida who will see FITA encroaching on search results for their operations.

Default Looks like another win for FITA

The below press release started it. My man Moshe finished it. Last year we beat the PTC in its attempt to change the law that would allow out-of-state drivers into Tampa for special events.

So far for this year, it looks as though we have beat them in changing the law that would give the PTC carte blanche to enact any rules they wanted, deny those harmed by their actions to seek redress through the State Admin Judges & force all to seek justice through civil courts.

Representative Michael Scionti took our opposition to heart & even called Moshe on Thanksgiving Day to discuss the issues. With the law giving agency rules the force & effect of law, Rep Scionti has pulled his endorsement of this particular section of the Bill that will be presented to the entire Hillsborough Delegation on 2 December.

Tampa Limousine Regulator Seeking To Remove Abuse Protection Mechanism From Law
    Coming on the heels of upping licensing fees ten-fold, Tampa's taxicab and limousine regulating agency has tapped Florida Representative Michael Scionti to sponsor a bill that would remove requirements for this agency to adopt rules in conformance with state law.

November 16, 2008 (FPRC) --

The Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission (HCPTC) which is now battling 4 federal lawsuits is seeking to remove from its' enabling legislation, requirements to enact rules in accordance with Florida administrative law and has convinced State Representative Mike Scionti to sponsor this bill.

"The HCPTC has been given carte blanche by the Florida Legislature to control all limousines providing transportation to and from the interstate transportation hubs located in Tampa and includes limousine operations in outlying counties supplying transportation for their local residents", states Walt Kozak of the Florida Intrastate Transportation Alliance (FITA) a passenger transportation advocacy group.

"The HCPTC is attempting to remove from its' law, a safeguard which allows persons aggrieved by administrative actions of this agency to seek redress through a petition with the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings whereas a State Administrative Judge hears and renders decisions on the validity of regulatory actions of the agency".

"The bill is being presented to the Legislature under a false claim that HCPTC regulatory authority is limited to Hillsborough County whereas in reality approximately 65% of motor carriers licensed by this agency are located in other counties and the regulatory rules profoundly affects passenger transportation and travel businesses as well as the traveling consumer up and down Florida's central west coast."

"The passage of this bill into law will result in persons negatively impacted by regulations of the HCPTC being deprived of an important tool to keep government regulators in check and being left with no other options but to seek redress through the expensive and lengthy process of filing lawsuits in the civil courts".

"The HCPTC just raised the business application fees from $500 per certificate to $5,000 in a move to discourage new market entrants throughout the state and now this agency wants to eliminate all accountability for its' actions. I don't know what scam this agency ran across Scionti to garner his support for this bill, but he has been contacted with a suggestion that he removes himself as a sponsor of this bill", finishes Kozak.

Thumbs up It's an Official Win

The meeting has concluded & the portion of the Bill we opposed has been eliminated.

Word is that FL Senator Rhonda Storms who sat on the HCPTC Board when County Commissioner voiced that this agency has to be done away with.

Take a look at the the site. Gunny has a lot of info.