Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Intrastate Transportation Alliance

The application as a non-profit was submitted last night & the ball is rolling to form an alliance of transportation and travel professionals with one goal:

Enforcement of federal and Florida intrastate transportation statutes on the local levels to end the monopolistic ideology that permeates throughout the State of Florida.

Florida carriers intersting in joinig this alliance can contact me directly through this site or visit and contact FITA

More information to be provided as we finalize out charter.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Not to throw water on yor fire Gunny but if your people in Fla. are anything like the operators in Michigan, Who really Cares. If my Ox is not getting gorred then life is good. Step on my toes and listen to me yell for help.

I wish you the best and keep up the fight. You are a great American.
    David E. Merrill

Originally posted by David Merrill:
    Not to throw water on yor fire Gunny but if your people in Fla. are anything like the operators in Michigan, Who really Cares. If my Ox is not getting gorred then life is good. Step on my toes and listen to me yell for help.

I wish you the best and keep up the fight. You are a great American.
    Make no mistake that I am a realist & understand that along with the crooks there is a whole lot of apathy in this business. But as the slogan goes that I recruited under for many years, "We're looking for a few good men & women".

I did not kick this alliance off on my own but with the help of others & we have representation in numerous counties on Florida's central west coast.

As many already know, change will happen. In fact, it's already is happening. Not by payola grubbing politicos but, by action in the courts.

Now Tampa businesses are starting to find out that they "Cannot Afford The HCPTC"! A topic for another time.

Senior Member Limo Padawan ziggyburd's Avatar

Way to Go! Keep the heat high enough and they will evaporate! I'm still around, just sitting back and watching.
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

http://www.thefita.com/

Malcontent Member

Originally posted by ziggyburd:
    Way to Go! Keep the heat high enough and they will evaporate! I'm still around, just sitting back and watching.
    You better not be just kicking back! I'm putting your a$$ on quota!

Quota my arse. I plan on raising hell.

Email address for information at this time is fita-inc@tampabay.rr.com
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

Malcontent Member

Attention Florida Motor Carriers

If you utilize buses as defined under chapter 316.003( 3 ) F.S. to transport passengers for compensation as charterd parties & have been arrested or threatened by the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission or have been forced under threat of criminal prosecution to obtain a HCPTC Certificate Of Public Convenience & Necessity, FITA wants to hear from you.

In addition, a formal request for investigation has been forwarded to the General Counsel of the Florida Department of Transportation concerning the above issue as applied to all municipalities within the State. Also an investigation into the economic regulation applied by numerous municipalities upon nonpublic sector buses engaged in intercounty transportation of passengers under the provisions of Chapter 341.102( 1 ) F.S..

FITA members are now in the process of drafting a Federal Class Action Complaint against the HCPTC, Hillsborough County, the Hillsborough County Sheriff, Hillsborough County Aviation Authority and the Tampa Port Authority under the provisions of 49 U.S.C. ss 14501 ( a )( C ) Federal Authority Over Intrastate Transportation.

Interested individuals may contact me directly through this site under profile or through hcptc.com.

Planned Lawsuit hits the news:

Super Bowl Transportation Lawsuit

Draconian Transportation Laws that restrict intrastate travel & trade is BAD BUSINESS for all! Will the citizens of Tampa put up with the Tampa Taxi Protection Racket antics with a $300+ million dollar gig on the line?

Originally posted by gunny:
    Planned Lawsuit hits the news:

Super Bowl Transportation Lawsuit

Draconian Transportation Laws that restrict intrastate travel & trade is BAD BUSINESS for all! Will the citizens of Tampa put up with the Tampa Taxi Protection Racket antics with a $300+ million dollar gig on the line?
    Wonder how tight Greg Cox's butt cheeks tightened when the Biz Journal called?

Hey Greg, surprise, do you know who we are?

fita-inc@tampabay.rr.com
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

Malcontent Member

Unfortunately that article is way over the head of the average biz journal reader due to lack of detail explaining what the real impact/issue is to the reader.

It's nice to see you getting press for your efforts but I am concerned it doesn't do much good if people can't understand and get excited about the issue.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

100% agreement that the average reader or for that matter most in the industry will not understand the implications without a more detailed printing. But a little publiciity is better then none & we'll have to build on it.

We've (FITA) have been contacted by several news agencies & the basic attitude is that once we file suit it becomes news. My attitude is once we file suit, we no longer need the press to bring attention to the issues as now the courts will handle the issues of law.

To enter Tampa to support transportation for the 2009 Super Bowl would you:

1. Submit to a long & arduous process of making an application for a Certificate of Public Convenience & Necessity (COPCN) of which the application process includes but is not limited to:
    ( a ) Submission of Credit reports?
    ( b ) Rate filings?
    ( c ) Travel into Tampa to have photos & fingerprints taken?
    ( d ) Provide articles of incorporation?
    ( e ) Provide Company financial statements?
    ( f ) Submit a $500. non-refundable application fee?
    ( g ) Pay a minimum of $400. for the hearing officer fee. More if others intervene to protest your application under financial injury considerations?

2. Then if approved for a COPCN:
    ( a ) Subject each vehicle to 2 inspections of which one is conducted by the HCPTC in Tampa?
    ( b ) Pay a permitting fee for each vehicle?
    ( c ) Send your drivers into Tampa to apply for, be photographed & fingerprinted for a Public Vehicle Drivers License (Florida License Is Required)?

This is the law. This is what the HCPTC is mandated to enforce upon motor carriers providing transportation within Hillsborough County. This is what the HCPTC requires non-Hillsborough based motor carriers do just to facilitate loading in Tampa for direct transport out of the jurisdiction (intercounty). Those who fail to adhere to this law are arrested with denial of Liberty. As such, FITA will demand in Federal Court under in part a 14th Amendment Complaint that the HCPTC equally apply this law to every motor carrier entering Tampa or the County to provide transportation for the 2009 Super Bowl.

So Who Wants To Provide Transportation In Tampa For The 2009 Super Bowl?

I think I will stay home and watch the game!
    Originally posted by gunny:
    To enter Tampa to support transportation for the 2009 Super Bowl would you:

1. Submit to a long & arduous process of making an application for a Certificate of Public Convenience & Necessity (COPCN) of which the application process includes but is not limited to:
    ( a ) Submission of Credit reports?
    ( b ) Rate filings?
    ( c ) Travel into Tampa to have photos & fingerprints taken?
    ( d ) Provide articles of incorporation?
    ( e ) Provide Company financial statements?
    ( f ) Submit a $500. non-refundable application fee?
    ( g ) Pay a minimum of $400. for the hearing officer fee. More if others intervene to protest your application under financial injury considerations?

2. Then if approved for a COPCN:
    ( a ) Subject each vehicle to 2 inspections of which one is conducted by the HCPTC in Tampa?
    ( b ) Pay a permitting fee for each vehicle?
    ( c ) Send your drivers into Tampa to apply for, be photographed & fingerprinted for a Public Vehicle Drivers License (Florida License Is Required)?

This is the law. This is what the HCPTC is mandated to enforce upon motor carriers providing transportation within Hillsborough County. This is what the HCPTC requires non-Hillsborough based motor carriers do just to facilitate loading in Tampa for direct transport out of the jurisdiction (intercounty). Those who fail to adhere to this law are arrested with denial of Liberty. As such, FITA will demand in Federal Court under in part a 14th Amendment Complaint that the HCPTC equally apply this law to every motor carrier entering Tampa or the County to provide transportation for the 2009 Super Bowl.

So Who Wants To Provide Transportation In Tampa For The 2009 Super Bowl?

Gunny, I would guess that in Florida, as in other cities/states of Super Bowls past, the process of subcontracting all bookings, chauffeurs and vehicles to a licensed company in the area is designed to get around all of that. Generally all that is required by the municipalities is to follow the temporary licensing requirements for existing companies for those temp chauffeurs and vehicles. The bonus to those companies for taking on the liability is they get to tell the people coming in what they will pay them for their limos.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    Gunny, I would guess that in Florida, as in other cities/states of Super Bowls past, the process of subcontracting all bookings, chauffeurs and vehicles to a licensed company in the area is designed to get around all of that. Generally all that is required by the municipalities is to follow the temporary licensing requirements for existing companies for those temp chauffeurs and vehicles. The bonus to those companies for taking on the liability is they get to tell the people coming in what they will pay them for their limos.
    Yes, in the past the HCPTC has simply allowed transportation companies without COPCN who wanted to engage in the business of providing VFH in Tampa to circumvent the law by somehow placing their operations under anothers license. No provision in law for the allowance of such & remember Tampa is the only city in Florida regulated under a Florida law. The HCPTC is an Independent Special District which is an administrative unit of the State with limited specific powers & is mandated under statute to enforce the specific provisions of the law and may not enact any rules that enlarge, modify or set forth general legislative intent.

Person means an individual, firm, public or private corporation, partnership or limited partnership company, or joint venture.

The commission shall:
    Provide for safety and mechanical inspection of any vehicle which has been previously used prior to granting a permit....

Perform the duties required by this act....

Determine whether public convenience and necessity require the operation of a public vehicle proposed in an application....

Investigate the facts stated in an application......

It is unlawful for any person to engage in the business of operating a public vehicle on the public highways of the county unless that person has complied with the provisions of this act....

Any person desiring to engage in the business of operating any public vehicle in the county must first make written application to the commission....... Upon receipt of such application the commission shall investigate the facts stated in the appplication and fix a date, time and place for a public hearing......

A person operating a public vehicle in the county or any of its municipalities must have a public vehicle driver's license and a driver's license issued by the State of Florida valid for the type of public vehicle .........

The commission and law enforcement agencies operating within the county are responsible for enforcement of this act......

Any person who violates or fails to comply with or procures, aids, or abets in the violation of any provision of this act .....is guilty of a criminal offense and misdemeanor in accordance with section 775.08, Florida Statutes, and is punishable as provided by law.

Any person who operates a public vehicle upon the public highways without a certificate, permit, or public vehicle drivers license as provided by this act..........may be enjoined by the courts of this state from any such violations.

Unlike a local ordinance whereas the City or County Commission can simply pass a resolution, the PTC would have to find someone to sponsor a bill, pass it through the legislature & have the Governor sign it into law. There are no provisions for temporary operating permits for established corporate entities & the PTC's very own website states that even for a single pickup at the port or airport requires the carrier to obtain a COPCN & they have no authority to authorize otherwise.

Now I'll tell you what contract drivers (not established businesses) for certificate holders must do to operate in Tampa & establish that they are truly a contract driver. The vehicle insurance is under the certificate holder and the driver must obtain a PVDL through the certificate holder. Much discussion of "corporate businesses" v. "the individual driver" conducting business under another certificate holder is the subject of several public meetings that are recorded on official transcripts. Thank You WFLA Prez for opposing businesses operating under anothers COPCN! Will come in handy!

Under PTC Rules a certificate holder for good cause may obtain a temp permit. Prior to the temp permit being issued proof of insurance must be provided & the vehicle must be presented for inspection. And of course the individual behind the wheel must have a PVDL & Florida Drivers License. How many out-of-state vehicles & drivers did Carey send into Detroit?