Thread: Getting rid of high mile sedans

Our business took off about 3 years ago. At the time we were on a 'shoe string' budget. We stretched out our payments to make the cars affordable to us. Now we have cars with over 250,000 miles on them with 2 more years of payments. This has set us a tad upside down with them. We owe a little over retail value. I'm scared to sell the cars to a private party as they may come back to me when the car has a major problem. I think we have learned our lesson as we now finance for three years. Is there some market for towncars with high miles?

Seeing that your in California this may not be as useful as I would have hoped. But, New York City has some of the crapiest Towncars on the road I've ever seen. You probably could unload a high mileage vehicle, since they don't care what the miles are and if your cars are in good shape, you should be able to get ok $$$. I would suggest maybe getting in touch with the black car assoc in the NYC area. If I can find a number or web site I'll post it. ??? what years are your sedans? Good Luck.

Our '95 towncar is the main one we are in trouble with. We also have a '91 towncar with 244,000 miles we owe a minium amount on. What kind of mileage are operators getting out of the towncars? We have a '98 we would need to get almost 400,000 by the time it's paid off to break even!