Thread: 1995 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD VALUE AND SEE IF ARMOR PLATED

HOW DO I FIND OUT HOW LONG MY 1995 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BY INCHES AND HOW CAN I GET THE VALUE OF THIS CAR IT HAS 6 SEATS BELTS IN THE REAR BUT HAS MORE ROOM IN IT THAN A REGULAR ONE IVE SEEN AND WERE THE ONES THAT HAS A HUMP FOR THE DRIVE SHAFT MINE HAS A FLAT FLOOR IN THE REAR,NO HUMP FOR THE DRIVE SHAFT,I WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE VALUE OF IT, IT HAS 114,000 MILES ON IT,AND BUILT BY CHICAGO ARMOR LIMOUSINE,AND WAS TOLD THAT ITS, ARMOR PLATED,HOW DO I FIND OUT ON THIS INFORMATION,

reginald barnes

All Companies that make armoured cars keep records, try and contact Col James Centner, at Chicago Armour with the manufacturers plant number, usually under the hood on a manufacturers plate.He may be able to help you.
    Armouring is done at four levels, these indicate levels of protection. For example level 3 armour will provide protection against a number of high velocity rounds 7.62 .38 9mm .44magnum etc.usually quoted in a three inch diameter circle, but not for example against a RPG.You can easily tell if a vehicle is armour plated by it's weight. For example the Cadillac weight is nearly 8.000 pounds and also by the thickness of the windows, again a Cadillac is nearly 3/4 inch thick. The weight of the doors will also tell you.
    As far as the length of the cut measure between the B and C panel and that gives you the stretch length, look and see if there is a second or double cut in front of the rear door and add that (usually ten inches).
    Armour plating takes two approaches, the first is heat treated steel and the second is the use of flexible armour such as kevlar or Spectra Shield. Both are woven fibre and you sometimes get a combination of both.Having just steel increases the cost by about 100%. It is also more labour intensive to put together.
    As far as value thats very difficult, the vehicle probably cost if it is genuine in the region of $250.000 and the resale value is really what you can sell it for.A more profitable venue to sell it is in Africa or the Middle East.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Sincerely Dick Hall