Thread: limo business start up

I am starting a small limo service and was gonna ask for some advice but after looking at other peoples questions on the same topic in the past I decided not to ask so I don't open myself up to so many wordy attacks !!

[This message has been edited by timprintr (edited 10-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timprintr:
    I am starting a small limo service on a shoe string and seek advice as to what type of car would be best for a starter and what type of business should i go after ? info on PA lisence and any insurance advice welcomed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You need livery insurance. The amount may be determined by any airports you plan to have permits to service, or whether you will engage in interstate transportation. For starters, contact someone at the Hurd Agency in Philadelphia to discuss your needs. I cannot help on the type of customers other than to suggest that before you go into business you should have some idea why.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timprintr:
    I am starting a small limo service and was gonna ask for some advice but after looking at other peoples questions on the same topic in the past I decided not to ask so I don't open myself up to so many wordy attacks !!

[This message has been edited by timprintr (edited 10-02-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    E-Mail Wade Randolph at his site www.riversidelimousines.com. He is one of the top 15 operators in the country, and is completing a Five part Manual on how to operate a limousine agency. Mr. Randolph started in 1977, he is an extremely seasoned operator. I think he and Craig DeFabro are the best operators in the country. Also call I.M.C. at 1-856-797-8028. Sincerely, Dean Schuler

I know what you mean. I once posted a question in the auto forum about a 1989 Cadillac Engine. Which was responded to, by a guy who seemed as though he was more interested in making me look like an idiot then wanting to help me out. The funny thing about it was, that his answer was totally wrong. My gas peddle got bent somehow. While he was so certain that my car needed a tune-up. LOL ....Keith

I am starting a small limo service and was gonna ask for some advice but after looking at other peoples questions on the same topic in the past I decided not to ask so I don't open myself up to so many wordy attacks !! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what was the point in saying anything then? You will cheat yourself out of some good and free info. There may be exceptions but I think most of the regulars are already very successful companys. So learn from them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lance:
    So what was the point in saying anything then? You will cheat yourself out of some good and free info. There may be exceptions but I think most of the regulars are already very successful companys. So learn from them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Your right Lance. I do enjoy learning from you folks.I have gotten quite a bit of information from here in the short time I have been on.It's a shame there are a few sarcastic people that need to say something smart just to feel a little superior but I guess that is gonna happen in a format like this.Once again,Thanks for any startup tips!

Tim,

Talk to Tom Mazza with LCT Magazine -- he has a 100 page book for sale about "Starting a Limo Service." We will be offering the book 4sale here at Limos.com as well but it isn't available at the moment.

His email address is tommazza@aol.com -- he also frequents the forum.

Good luck!
    Michael

HOW MUCH IS THE BOOK?

I think Tom said is was $90.00.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by XENEFOX Media Corporation:
    I think Tom said is was $90.00.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Tom has published two books, "The complete Guide to Operating a Successful Limousine Service" and "Beyond the Basics: Complete Guide Part 2." The price is $49.95 per book, or $90 for both. Call 215.914.1448 to order by credit card, or send money to MMT Inc., 413 Meadowbrook Drive, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006.

[This message has been edited by jhj (edited 10-06-2000).]