Thread: DESTINY LIMOUSINE 10" DOUBLECUT SEDAN

DOES ANYONE HAVE OR HAS SEEN A 10"DOUBLECUT SEDAN HOW ARE THEY? PICTURE LOOKS GOOD WHAT DOES ACTUAL CAR LOOK LIKE www.destinylimousines.com.also what about the 6"extented crown vic?

I think you may be getting confused over ten inches and double cut. There is no such thing as a ten inch double cut vehicle.
    My Cadillac limousine is double cut, that means I have had the Coach Builder cut and stretch the center panel, and also cut and stretch the rear. The reason for this is that when thr rear door opens, the rear seat is recessed, so a lady getting in the car does not have to squeeze round the rear seat, and this helps particularly when the lady has a gown on.
    The center cut is 75 inches and the rear or double cut is ten inches.Total additional length eighty five inches.
    Sincerely Dick hall

Here's one for Dick to answer, We all know that getting a lady with a large gown or wedding dress into a Limousine can be a real pain, likewise for the elderley, so how come funeral conversions can offer rectangular doors with either an infill or double cut for ease of entry and egress yet no-one I have talked to who builds Limo's for normal use seems to be able to offer this option ? and please don't go down the extended door trail as even with a long door, it can still be a pain due to the rear seat still being in the way.

You have touched a subject dear to my heart. Of course the best vehicle ever, probably was the Daimler Limousine where passengers stepped up into the vehicle, as they do for the Rolls Royce Phantom series.
    Any car where a passenger has to step down gives ladies a problem straight away, because of their skirts.
    A double cut as described moves the rear seat ten inches back out of the doorway and therefore permits easier access for ladies, any coach builder will do a double cut, it just costs more money and the production line limousines are all about cutting costs anywhere they can.
    Iam perhaps more fortunate than some because all my vehicles are custom built, but of course I pay for that on the bottom line.
    I regret I am no expert about funeral coaches, but from my own observations they mostly have the seats all facing forward, and therefore do not need a double cut. And look closely at the centre doors they look like another pair of front doors, with the squared lower sections.
    I hope this helps you.
    Sincerely
    Dick Hall

This one for Dick again, in 1999 I tried to see if any coach builder would double cut a 120", not for more passengers just for the extra space for entry, no-one would do it as it made the car more than a 120" even though I wanted the seats the same as normal, now if you take a look at July's National Limousine Exchange on page 4 you will see two Cadillac hearses built by Krystal, the doors are rectangular and set forward with an infill that has a quarter light, now you tell me, is it a double cut or has the car been cut in a more forward position and a new C post put in ? The rest of the car could be built the same as a normal Limo with J or tri seats and would be a much better vehicle for clients. What do you think Dick ?

Sorry for the delay, I am afraid I have not seen this publication.So I am not in a position to comment. Where did you get it or do you subscribe to it.
    If it comes from England I will get a copy on my next European assignment in August.
    Dick Hall

Hi, this ones for Dick again, the publication has been sent to me from New Jersey, their e-mail address is dealersnational@aol.com I assumed that the the paper was fairly widespread however I will try to check out Krystals site to see if they show the cars on it and get back to you.

This for Dick again, I went on Krystals site and the vehicle I refered to is found by clicking on Proffesional vehicles, then click on Cadillac Hearse ( yes I know its a hearse Dick) but the application should be the same for a Limo. I've e-mailed Krystal to see if they could do this on a Limo and also asked for the build spec, I'll let you know how I go on.

I managed to get to the Krystal web page and look at this vehicle. The rear door on the hearse is the middle door of their six door.
    The reason I believe that you will not get that for a back door is because of the curve on the wheel arch, if you get the rear wheel arch moved back 10 inches, then you could have the square door, but it will be major work and a lot of dollars.The D pillar will have to have major work.
    I wish you well
    Dick Hall

the car i refered to was a 2003 lincoln towncar sedan cut and 10" added after the the rear door which would be a doublecut if it were done to a limousine the car is made by destiny $36995. and can be seen at www.destinylimousines.com i did not ask about a krystal hearse also in the 2002-2003 limodigest factbook manhatthan lincoln in nyc advertized a 2003 ford crown vic 6" extened livery car for $24510. has anyone seen either of these cars or have more info about them? thanks

[This message was edited by joel yee on July 26, 2002 at 11:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by joel yee on July 26, 2002 at 11:28 AM.]