Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chrysler 300 limos

By the way....how much are the new 120 cyrysler's going for? And for how many years have they been stretching them. Any good articles on their history as limo builders.
    Thank you,
    Porsche

Originally posted by birmlimo:
    Wow , such hostility over car Mfg's. The point I was trying to make is this : Ford ain't goin' to be building no more limo cars , so it's time for somebody else to step up.

I have added Brembro brakes on several Lincoln limos. The better builders have addressed the front end issue( which by they way was only that it sat 4" lower than TC's )

I run 3 Chrysler Concorde LXI's (2002-2004) in my fleet.
    100,000 - 130,000 miles and no problems what so ever.
    I sold my very first 1999 Concorde sedan to my brother , it now has 180,000 miles on it and he loves it. No major breaks at all.

Let's not forget that the very first limos made years ago were highly scrutinized and everyone said they would crack in half , etc.

As far as Krystal being the safest , that's hogwash. I have seen them crack in half , have seen them with no interior and seen the 1 crash bar in the conversion panel. ( my builder uses 3 )

It's this same old QVM , CMC crap all over again.

It's like I tell the Al Gore Dems : Move on with your life , it's over , you lost.

Originally posted by Bramalea Limousine Service:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HARPO:
    Personally I think that the Chrysler will NOT hold up over the course of time. Coachbuliders can tell you whatever you want hear but we all know that these cars can't hold a candle to the Town Car and Ford knows this. I really don't think that Krystal is too concerned about the "handouts?" they get from Ford. I think the are way more concerned in making sure that the Chrysler can pass their strict safety tests. In my opinion, Krystal builds some of best and safest limousines on the market and too deviate from that image by not properly testing the safety of the Chrysler in order to boost profits would be idiotic. Just my 2 cents.

Rich Costeira
    Santos Limousine Service Inc
    www.santoslimo.com
    How can you guys voice an opinion on something that new? How do you know that this car wont hold a candle to the Lincoln? Do you drive one?
    I have had a Chrysler 300 Sedan since last November and I`d rather drive this car than a Lincoln.The last Lincoln I bought was in 2001 built by ECB and its been a NIGHTMARE ,you name the problem and I`ve had it,as far as I`m concerned WAIT till the verdicts come in before you CRUCIFY the carIf anyone is thinking on a Chrysler,go ahead,you`ll love it as does my customers.The problem is that Lincoln have had all their own way for too many years,no competition, and they don`t give a sh** for you or any other sucker who bought their cars,Ever tried to get warranty work done? GOOD LUCK.CHRYSLER- MOVIN` ON UP! Thats my 2 cents worth! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Bram don't get your panties all in wad pal. Nobody crucified anything. I was responding to the post that "everyone" was buying up 300's and the doom and gloom of the Towncar. And you made my point for me. Yes it's too new to judge. Email Chrysler on the benefits of making it into a heavy duty limousine and see what they tell you.

"The Lincoln Town Car controls about 80 percent of the sedan limousine business, says Helen Holzer, managing editor, Limousine and Chauffeured Transportation magazine.

When the magazine did a story on the 300, she says, it found that "everybody loves the looks of car."

Coachbuilders also are attracted to the 300 because it costs less than Cadillac or Lincoln models.

Since the article appeared in August, Holzer says coachbuilders have created a handful of stretched 300 sedans.

"But the jury was out on whether it would hold up," especially for vehicles stretched 70 inches or 120 inches, she says.

Long-wheelbase conversions require upgraded engine and transmission durability, and brakes and suspension must be able to handle the added weight."

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101364

According to news articles quoting Chrysler Executive Vice President-Product Development Eric Ridenour, the company is definitely considering manufacturing a Long Wheel Base 300 (for executive sedan work) and a 300 series chassis specifically for being stretched into limousines in an effort to establish the Chrysler as a name in the consumer's mind for limos besides just Lincoln and Cadillac.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bramalea Limousine Service:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HARPO:
    Personally I think that the Chrysler will NOT hold up over the course of time. Coachbuliders can tell you whatever you want hear but we all know that these cars can't hold a candle to the Town Car and Ford knows this. I really don't think that Krystal is too concerned about the "handouts?" they get from Ford. I think the are way more concerned in making sure that the Chrysler can pass their strict safety tests. In my opinion, Krystal builds some of best and safest limousines on the market and too deviate from that image by not properly testing the safety of the Chrysler in order to boost profits would be idiotic. Just my 2 cents.

Rich Costeira
    Santos Limousine Service Inc
    www.santoslimo.com
    How can you guys voice an opinion on something that new? How do you know that this car wont hold a candle to the Lincoln? Do you drive one?
    I have had a Chrysler 300 Sedan since last November and I`d rather drive this car than a Lincoln.The last Lincoln I bought was in 2001 built by ECB and its been a NIGHTMARE ,you name the problem and I`ve had it,as far as I`m concerned WAIT till the verdicts come in before you CRUCIFY the carIf anyone is thinking on a Chrysler,go ahead,you`ll love it as does my customers.The problem is that Lincoln have had all their own way for too many years,no competition, and they don`t give a sh** for you or any other sucker who bought their cars,Ever tried to get warranty work done? GOOD LUCK.CHRYSLER- MOVIN` ON UP! Thats my 2 cents worth! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Bram don't get your panties all in wad pal. Nobody crucified anything. I was responding to the post that "everyone" was buying up 300's and the doom and gloom of the Towncar. And you made my point for me. Yes it's too new to judge. Email Chrysler on the benefits of making it into a heavy duty limousine and see what they tell you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you read Tony`s post I think that answers your question does it not.Just to clarify one thing,I don`t wear panties,tried it they were too tight

What chrysler said was
    "The Chrysler group will not build a stretched 300, he says.

The option package would be adequate for a short stretch, such as the 6-inch stretch on the vehicle displayed at SEMA, he says. Those vehicles are commonly used to pick up passengers at airports and hotels.

No re-engineering required

But the option package considered by the Chrysler group would not include a re-engineering of the car to handle long-wheelbase conversions."

I think that would mean that it"s okay for a 6" stretch not long wheel base coversions.

Come on Joel, you should know by now I can usually back up what I post... Maybe your data is newer, but here is my source...

Quote below taken from www.wardsauto.com - Jan 2005

"Not wanting to make the same mistake twice, Chrysler Group says it already is pursuing derivative options for its LX rear-wheel-drive platform, including a possible stretched version

The auto maker vows it will not repeat the mistakes made with the Chrysler PT Cruiser, which was an initial hit that commanded long waiting lines for delivery to which Chrysler over-reacted by adding production at a second plant in Graz, Austria.

Chrysler Executive Vice President-Product Development Eric Ridenour.
    "We don't see the 300 as a one-car wonder. It's not going to be like the PT that was strong only a few months,” says Eric Ridenour, executive vice president-product development at Chrysler Group.

“We flat-out can't get enough Chrysler 300 or Dodge Magnums to meet demand. We're sold out now and will add a third model, the Dodge Charger, this spring, which will give us three strong cars. So we expect to be sold out for a long time."

Ridenour says Chrysler is looking at various derivatives off the LX rear-drive platform, although he makes no firm commitments as to what is on tap.

"Unlike the PT, we want to look at derivatives we could do before sales cool, rather than ask what we should do after it happens," he says.

There has been talk, for example, of a stretch limousine derivative. (See related story: Chrysler Considers LWB 300)

"A limo is one of the options we're looking at,” Ridenour says. “Some of our rivals are in that business and doing well. It's something we could do if things start to cool, and we're studying it

Another possibility is a convertible. At the North American International Auto Show, ASC Inc., which produces specialty cars, displayed a convertible version of the 300C. (See related story: ASC Debuts 300-Based Helios Concept)

"The convertible conversion was stunning." Ridenour says. "It's hard to do a 4-door convertible and maintain body stiffness, and a 2-door convertible is more traditional. But don't rule one out, though no decision has been made as yet."

End Quote
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Tony This is also from your source. It would seem that chrysler is talking about 6" stretches not longer stretches.The same thing the other article said.Who really cares anyway , the only way I would buy one was if Chrysler did have a limo package like ford QVM and a warranty to back it up.Speaking of warranties what is the status of the warranty on a streched 300 does Chrysler honor it??

"Chrysler Group says it is looking at providing de-contented versions of its popular Chrysler 300 sedan to coach-builders for conversion into long-wheelbase (LWB) models.

Chrysler does not expect a final decision soon because retail demand for the car remains strong, a top executive says.

Talk of a LWB 300 started when Accubilt Inc. and Quality Metalcraft Inc. approached Chrysler with a version of the 300 that was stretched 6-ins. (15.2 cm). The vehicle debuted at the Specialty Equipment Market Assn. show in Las Vegas in November.

To provide a sedan for conversion, Chrysler would build 300s without headliners or door panels. The longer roof and doors needed to accommodate the added length would require a new headliner and door panels.

Quality Metalcraft President Michael Chetcuti tells Ward's he envisions production of up to 500 units of the LWB 300s annually for livery fleet and retail customers.

Currently General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac Div. and Ford Motor Co.'s Lincoln brand hold the lion's share of the livery vehicle business. Chetcuti says the total market for extended-wheelbase cars is approximately 2,000-3,000 units annually.

One thing is certain: Chrysler will not build a stretched 300 itself, according to design chief Trevor Creed.

He says Chrysler is intrigued by the idea of providing the de-contented sedans, although the auto maker currently is concentrating on meeting the retail demand for its rear-wheel-drive vehicles."

http://waw.wardsauto.com/ar/auto_chr...ched/index.htm

Well, can I put in my 2 cents from Austria?

The 300C will be manufactured in Graz, Austria also - look here and read down to para 4:
    http://www.magnasteyr.com/html/haupt..._ENG_HTML.html

Maybe the light at the end of the tunnel to have a European base vehicle for limos? Who knows.

Have a nice day,
    Rupert
    www.amadeuslimo.com

Hi Rupert, we know that the operation in Graz used to be a truck manufacturing plant only, so when did the deal take place for car production ?

I read somewhere that the Plant at Graz has also produced the PT Cruiser, ca'nt remember where but Rupert will know for sure.

Dick Hall

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rupert:
    Well, can I put in my 2 cents from Austria?

The 300C will be manufactured in Graz, Austria also - look here and read down to para 4:
    http://www.magnasteyr.com/html/haupt..._ENG_HTML.html

Magnasteyr is a subsiduary of Magna International ,A Canadian Company with its Head Office in Aurora Ontario Canada. Just thought you should know this,they make the door panels & fenders (I think) for the Magnum & 300.Magna is owned by Canadian/Austrian Frank Stronach

See, thats how things fall together in place - good old Frank is in charge in both Canada and Austria, his "old" home!

As for previous work, just jump here http://www.magnasteyr.com/index_en.html and follow: range of services - engineering - reference projects and you will see an impressive list of vehicles they were involved in.

I did not find any relevance regarding the PT Cruiser production, but if you would like to know for sure, I will be happy to dig things up.

A brief history:
    Early 50's - production of motorbikes and mopeds
    1957 - first passenger Steyr-Puch/Fiat brand car
    1979 - Mercedes/Steyr joint project "G-Model" (an offroad, also military use, Mercedes truck, you also have some of these in the States)
    The 90's - some better known vehicles like the VW Golf Country (off road), the Grand Cherokee and some all-wheel drive Mercedes sedans
    1998 - Magna enters the scene, production start for M-class Mercedes SUV's
    2003 - production start for Saab 9-3 convertible and BMW X-3 (smaller sibling of the X-5)

Well, looking at that as an Austrian, we are doing not too bad in car manufacturing I guess.

For more details just go here http://www.magnasteyr.com/index_en.html and look around, there is a wealth of information!

Have a nice weekend,
    Rupert
    www.amadeuslimo.com

Originally posted by Rupert:
    See, thats how things fall together in place - good old Frank is in charge in both Canada and Austria, his "old" home!

As for previous work, just jump here http://www.magnasteyr.com/index_en.html and follow: range of services - engineering - reference projects and you will see an impressive list of vehicles they were involved in.

I did not find any relevance regarding the PT Cruiser production, but if you would like to know for sure, I will be happy to dig things up.

A brief history:
    Early 50's - production of motorbikes and mopeds
    1957 - first passenger Steyr-Puch/Fiat brand car
    1979 - Mercedes/Steyr joint project "G-Model" (an offroad, also military use, Mercedes truck, you also have some of these in the States)
    The 90's - some better known vehicles like the VW Golf Country (off road), the Grand Cherokee and some all-wheel drive Mercedes sedans
    1998 - Magna enters the scene, production start for M-class Mercedes SUV's
    2003 - production start for Saab 9-3 convertible and BMW X-3 (smaller sibling of the X-5)

Well, looking at that as an Austrian, we are doing not too bad in car manufacturing I guess.

For more details just go here http://www.magnasteyr.com/index_en.html and look around, there is a wealth of information!

Have a nice weekend,
    Rupert
    www.amadeuslimo.com
    Very interesting reading Rupert,Frank Stronach has made a big impact to the Auto Industry in Canada,his daughter Belinda is A Canadian Member of Parliament.

http://www.accubuilt.com/chrysler.htm

The Chrysler 300 six-inch longer wheelbase project vehicle is a joint project between Accubuilt and QualityMetalcraft to explore the addition of six extra inches of rear seat legroom to an already spacious sedan. This vehicle also could feature rear doors that are six inches longer and making ingress and egress even easier. The six-inch extension is all achieved within the wheelbase so handling remains superior while ride quality is even more comfortable. In addition to all of the standard equipment and options featured on the 300 model of your choice, the 300 six-inch longer wheelbase project vehicle could include available amenities found only in ultra-expensive sedans or limousines. Reminiscent of the golden age of classic cars, when chassis manufacturers sent their finest products to custom coachbuilders for completion into luxury vehicles, the 300 six-inch longer wheelbase project vehicle would be masterfully crafted by a firm with a 128 year history of quality and prestige. Is it possible to extend inspiration? Is it possible to make the Great American Car even greater? We think so. We’re exploring the possibilities. We’d like your opinion.