Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chrysler 300 limos

Has anyone heard that Krystal won't make chrysler 300 limos? Because of safety issues with the test models that they built.

This is from a mass emailing that I received recently

"KRYSTAL KOACH has decided NOT to build the 120" stretch on the Chrysler 300. After building several 120's and doing as many up grades as possible. The Chrysler would not pass the safety tests preformed by the National Transportation Safety Board. These cars
    have been wholesaled and are not available.

Please be warned if you are interested in the Chrysler product for a limousine, that the brakes, transmission and rear will not hold up."

I didn't know Krystal was the only voice that matters on this.

Many other builders , Craftsman , Legendary , Pinnacle , etc have had success with them.

Do you think that maybe Krystal may be concerned about the handouts they get from Ford.

Perhaps Ford is trying to scare people off. Everyone is talking and asking about these new 300's and fleets are buying them up.

The rear end and tranny in the 300C is the same they use in MB 300 class , are you to tell me that those are junk as well ?

All I know is this. I just ordered my new 140" 300 and I can't stop booking it out in advance at $ 125 / hour plus. Try to get that for any other 10 pak.

Let's face it : Caddys are junk , and Town Cars are going bye bye , so we better hope someone builds a car for our industry. Showing Daimler some support will encourage them to warranty them and get involved in the build process.

Originally posted by birmlimo:
    I didn't know Krystal was the only voice that matters on this.

Many other builders , Craftsman , Legendary , Pinnacle , etc have had success with them.

Do you think that maybe Krystal may be concerned about the handouts they get from Ford.

Perhaps Ford is trying to scare people off. Everyone is talking and asking about these new 300's and fleets are buying them up.

The rear end and tranny in the 300C is the same they use in MB 300 class , are you to tell me that those are junk as well ?

All I know is this. I just ordered my new 140" 300 and I can't stop booking it out in advance at $ 125 / hour plus. Try to get that for any other 10 pak.

Let's face it : Caddys are junk , and Town Cars are going bye bye , so we better hope someone builds a car for our industry. Showing Daimler some support will encourage them to warranty them and get involved in the build process.
    Your are incorrect on some facts. Chrysler is worried about the brakes and chassis. It's not just Krystal. I have seen an interview with a Chrysler spokesman that he is highly worried about the chassis holding up. And what "fleets" are buying these up?

We have a TV motoring programme here in the U.K that tests new cars and of course as the Chrysler 300 is about to be sold here they also tested that, their findings included poor brakes and suspension which was enough to make me wait until there were later updated models.
    In the meantime an operator near me purchased a 130" one, he has had to order a new set of F/R springs already. I can't wait to see the upgraded SRT 8 version as maybe they have fitted upgraded parts on that particuilar model,
    in the meantime I suppose there may well be a brake system from Brembo that will do the trick and probably an axle from an S class. It would be most interesting to hear from operators who already run this vehicle along with their comments, I look forward to hearing from them.

Personally I think that the Chrysler will NOT hold up over the course of time. Coachbuliders can tell you whatever you want hear but we all know that these cars can't hold a candle to the Town Car and Ford knows this. I really don't think that Krystal is too concerned about the "handouts?" they get from Ford. I think the are way more concerned in making sure that the Chrysler can pass their strict safety tests. In my opinion, Krystal builds some of best and safest limousines on the market and too deviate from that image by not properly testing the safety of the Chrysler in order to boost profits would be idiotic. Just my 2 cents.

Rich Costeira
    Santos Limousine Service Inc
    www.santoslimo.com
    Rich Costeira
    Owner
    Santos VIP, LLC
    www.santoslimousine.com

Originally posted by HARPO:
    Personally I think that the Chrysler will NOT hold up over the course of time. Coachbuliders can tell you whatever you want hear but we all know that these cars can't hold a candle to the Town Car and Ford knows this. I really don't think that Krystal is too concerned about the "handouts?" they get from Ford. I think the are way more concerned in making sure that the Chrysler can pass their strict safety tests. In my opinion, Krystal builds some of best and safest limousines on the market and too deviate from that image by not properly testing the safety of the Chrysler in order to boost profits would be idiotic. Just my 2 cents.

Rich Costeira
    www.santoslimo.com
    I'm with you Harpo. Think of all those Towncar sedans and limousines and all the Crown Vic taxis with hundreds of thousands of miles of proven reliability. Hard to imagine that Chrysler can improve on such a tough, rugged chassis.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by HARPO:

Rich Costeira
    www.santoslimo.com
    How can you guys voice an opinion on something that new? How do you know that this car wont hold a candle to the Lincoln? Do you drive one?
    I have had a Chrysler 300 Sedan since last November and I`d rather drive this car than a Lincoln.The last Lincoln I bought was in 2001 built by ECB and its been a NIGHTMARE ,you name the problem and I`ve had it,as far as I`m concerned WAIT till the verdicts come in before you CRUCIFY the carIf anyone is thinking on a Chrysler,go ahead,you`ll love it as does my customers.The problem is that Lincoln have had all their own way for too many years,no competition, and they don`t give a sh** for you or any other sucker who bought their cars,Ever tried to get warranty work done? GOOD LUCK.CHRYSLER- MOVIN` ON UP! Thats my 2 cents worth!

Originally posted by Bramalea Limousine Service:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HARPO:

Rich Costeira
    www.santoslimo.com
    How can you guys voice an opinion on something that new? How do you know that this car wont hold a candle to the Lincoln? Do you drive one?
    I have had a Chrysler 300 Sedan since last November and I`d rather drive this car than a Lincoln.The last Lincoln I bought was in 2001 built by ECB and its been a NIGHTMARE ,you name the problem and I`ve had it,as far as I`m concerned WAIT till the verdicts come in before you CRUCIFY the carIf anyone is thinking on a Chrysler,go ahead,you`ll love it as does my customers.The problem is that Lincoln have had all their own way for too many years,no competition, and they don`t give a sh** for you or any other sucker who bought their cars,Ever tried to get warranty work done? GOOD LUCK.CHRYSLER- MOVIN` ON UP! Thats my 2 cents worth! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just sitting here trying to think what you guys were up to with all the negative comments about the Chrysler 300 and I think I just figured it out- YOU ARE PI**ED because the car is such a success (Motor Trend car of the year etc) and it is built in CANADA and not in the good ole U.S.of A.

Brama:

I think the comparisons between the two sedan chassis are both fair and accurate. The Towncar sedan has more than proved it's mettle, with many chassis serving 200-300K miles! No doubt that the 300 is a beautiful car, and will probably perform flawlessly for a while. I am sure the customers like the look b/c I know I do! But personally I have my doubts that the 300 was designed for long life as most retail consumers 'junk' their cars after 100K miles. In the rigors of commerical use it should hold up even less if designed for 100K of 'civilian use'. At any rate, it will certainly be interesting to track, and probably of little concern to those in our industry who buy a car and then sell it in 24-36 months. It may be a different matter for resale price and the next buyer though....that all remains to be seen and I am sure will be up for continued debate as the years progress.

Once the car is stretched it is subject to the quality control and manufacturing processes of the coachbuilder who stretched it and things can go radically downhill here! ECB had definitely had some issues in the past with shoddy workmanship, not necessarily with the chassis, but in the part that they stretched. Looking back at your old posts/complaints about that car they mostly seem to be with parts ECB added (rear AC, paint, windows, etc), not with the OEM parts.

Everyone here acknowledges the difficulties of warranty work outside the US but that is a seperate issue than chassis reliability. Sounds like you have done some due diligence to ensure your warranty results with Chrysler will be better than Lincoln. Care to share?
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Yes, the Towncar is a fabulous chassis that out performs many.

Ford doesn't think so though. What with them deciding that they made a mistake not keeping the Continental around. After all, the Towncar is only purchased by limousine companies, which Ford evidently couldn't care less about.

It's Dave Merrill's nightmare come true, the only stretched limos available with a warranty will be SUVs.

And don't try to tell me Ford will make a fantastic uni-body front wheel drive Lincoln to stretch, Cadillac tried that and look where it got them...
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

It's Dave Merrill's nightmare come true, the only stretched limos available with a warranty will be SUVs.
    Excelent, Everything is falling into place HOO HOO HOO HOO (Evil Laugh)
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    Brama:

I think the comparisons between the two sedan chassis are both fair and accurate. The Towncar sedan has more than proved it's mettle, with many chassis serving 200-300K miles! No doubt that the 300 is a beautiful car, and will probably perform flawlessly for a while. I am sure the customers like the look b/c I know I do! But personally I have my doubts that the 300 was designed for long life as most retail consumers 'junk' their cars after 100K miles. In the rigors of commerical use it should hold up even less if designed for 100K of 'civilian use'. At any rate, it will certainly be interesting to track, and probably of little concern to those in our industry who buy a car and then sell it in 24-36 months. It may be a different matter for resale price and the next buyer though....that all remains to be seen and I am sure will be up for continued debate as the years progress.

Once the car is stretched it is subject to the quality control and manufacturing processes of the coachbuilder who stretched it and things can go radically downhill here! ECB had definitely had some issues in the past with shoddy workmanship, not necessarily with the chassis, but in the part that they stretched. Looking back at your old posts/complaints about that car they mostly seem to be with parts ECB added (rear AC, paint, windows, etc), not with the OEM parts.

Everyone here acknowledges the difficulties of warranty work outside the US but that is a seperate issue than chassis reliability. Sounds like you have done some due diligence to ensure your warranty results with Chrysler will be better than Lincoln. Care to share?

Yes,I live in the City where they build the 300 and I have great faith in the car,I have lost all confidence in Ford and not just because of the piece of crap 2001 which,by the way had other problems which had nothing to do with ECB.I also have a 1996 6 pass. that Ford would not honour the recall on the intake manifold,when I tried repeatedly to get some answers I was told politely to bugger off.Now do you understand why I would never touch a Ford product ever again,look at the crap they are trying to put up against the 300,the Ford 500..Never in your life.Hey Porche, move over sweety,I might be joining you in the sin bin!

Wow , such hostility over car Mfg's. The point I was trying to make is this : Ford ain't goin' to be building no more limo cars , so it's time for somebody else to step up.

I have added Brembro brakes on several Lincoln limos. The better builders have addressed the front end issue( which by they way was only that it sat 4" lower than TC's )

I run 3 Chrysler Concorde LXI's (2002-2004) in my fleet.
    100,000 - 130,000 miles and no problems what so ever.
    I sold my very first 1999 Concorde sedan to my brother , it now has 180,000 miles on it and he loves it. No major breaks at all.

Let's not forget that the very first limos made years ago were highly scrutinized and everyone said they would crack in half , etc.

As far as Krystal being the safest , that's hogwash. I have seen them crack in half , have seen them with no interior and seen the 1 crash bar in the conversion panel. ( my builder uses 3 )

It's this same old QVM , CMC crap all over again.

It's like I tell the Al Gore Dems : Move on with your life , it's over , you lost.

Yes,I live in the City where they build the 300 and I have great faith in the car,I have lost all confidence in Ford and not just because of the piece of crap 2001 which,by the way had other problems which had nothing to do with ECB.I also have a 1996 6 pass. that Ford would not honour the recall on the intake manifold,when I tried repeatedly to get some answers I was told politely to bugger off.Now do you understand why I would never touch a Ford product ever again,look at the crap they are trying to put up against the 300,the Ford 500..Never in your life.Hey Porche, move over sweety,I might be joining you in the sin bin!

Hey Baby....come ooooooooonnnn down! There's plenty of room here! LOL LOL By the way...can you recommend some decent places that sell the 300's? I might just be interested in a new one!
    Porsche