Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE - LimeLite Coach Works

Member Limo Padawan

Just wondering if anyone has had these problems with PHIL - the owner of Lime Lite Coach Works.

I bought a 2007 Escalade stretch from him 4 months back. I was about to cancel the whole deal because he was so hard to talk to! All the paperwork he sent was notorized by Wells Fargo bank. I started to worry when he changed the VIN on the paper work 2 times. The situation is weird because The financing company already funded LimeLite the money to build the escalade, and i was supposed to bring $18k cash upon pick up of vehicle. I told the Financing company i need a bit more time and they understood. Phil from limelite calls me 4 days before i was to arrive in California and says you better bring an extra $1800 for storage fees. I said no way i wont pay that. I called the finance company and told them the deal was off i dont want anything to do with it. (THEY ALREADY FUNDED LIMELITE, SO IF I DONT PICK UP THE CAR THEY GET SCREWED) Two days later the broker for the financing company called and said its all good Phil agreed to drop the storage charges just go pick it up. So i did! Now its 4 month later Phil still wants his $1800 and will not give the title to the finance comapany, therfore i can not get plates on the car. The whole situation is bull shit. And now i cant run the car!!

- Also this car has the one peice window that cracked right down the middle, and Limelite wont warranty it. They say my customer broke it. I got a professional to look at the window and he says its a stress crack! What should i do?

-Also the whole heating and airconditioning system was set up wrong and it cost me $1500 to redo and he also will not cover it. This is like a horror story!

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Often Immitated, Never Duplicated!!

www.limoservicedenver.com

Keep up the heat here on the forum for one. Show up at the LCT show in Vegas with a T-Shirt that says LIMELITE sells lemons.

Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    Keep up the heat here on the forum for one. Show up at the LCT show in Vegas with a T-Shirt that says LIMELITE sells lemons.
    O man that is the best idea i ever heard, I'm going to go make a shirt thanks
    Often Immitated, Never Duplicated!!

Junior Member Star-Limos Germany's Avatar

I asked limelite several times for quotes, never got one reply. The last five C300 where built by galaxy for us, and they where great.

yes! give that guy as much BAD publicity as you can but be sure you got paperwork and people who can back you up when it comes down to it.

Didn't someone on here recently say that Limelite was out of business?

Senior Member Limo Padawan The Leader's Avatar

When I bought my limo I paid a deposit which was the exact value of the car bought brand new pre-stretch. When I inspected the vehicle and was satisfied all was well I paid the remainder and took the limo home.

I just don't get how you would do anything other that what I did!

Its different when your financing a car that is being built for you and they dont build until they are paid.
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

Blog Entries

Oh man What can I say? It is really getting tuff to find Quality Trustworthy people in this Business...ECB...Federal...DaBryan...Las Vegas Coachworks...These are the only ones I can trust,,,That's it!!! These other guy's that are coming up with these WILD concepts just can't convince me. All though I would consider a Limo from DIGGER COACHWORKS His Interiors are Awesome....

There is a good reason that the list of builders that you mentioned stay around year after yerar and have very few customer complaints.

Hey, anybody can build a lemon, it is the coachbuilders who rarely do it, but will make it right when they do that stand out and last.

I just have to shake my head at folks who post about what a jerk the people at Shop-X or Shop-Y were before and during the sale, and are then suprised by poor service after the sale.

Senior Member Limo Padawan The Leader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DenverLimo View Post
    Its different when your financing a car that is being built for you and they dont build until they are paid.
    Is that the way everyone operates?
    Surely you can't give them all the money upfront!

The guy at Las Vegas coach i deal with now is different but i only put 15K down on my Escalade from LimeLite. And US Auto Leasing funded the rest. He wouldnt build unit it was funded

What about your finance co. Aren't they helping you?
    You wrote that Phil told them he was going to drop the storage fee.
    Write an article for LCT and limo digest, let everyone read what kind of ass he is.

O its already done with this was a while back. I got my title now after pretending to want to build another limo with him and telling him my finance company wont fund because of the title situation.