Thread: NJLA Rocks!!!!

As of Jan 1 2003, New Jersey operators will no longer pay workmans comp, on gratuities!!

This will save us about 2/3 of our total comp bill for the chauffeur staff, thousands of bucks for us.

I guess a good association does make a difference!!!!

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

what non sequitur means?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AAA/GOT:
    As of Jan 1 2003, New Jersey operators will no longer pay workmans comp, on gratuities!!

This will save us about 2/3 of our total comp bill for the chauffeur staff, thousands of bucks for us.

I guess a good association does make a difference!!!!

Matt Harrison
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

you former altar boys out there who know a little Lain know that non sequitur means that a conclusion does not necessarily follow from its premise. In the case of Matt's post, the premise is that if your state does not assess workers' compensation premiums on gratuities, then the difference between your state and one that does assess workers' compensation premiums on gratuities is that your state has a strong limousine association. This is a non sequitur. The test of a non-sequitur is to reverse it, i.e., if your state assesses workers' compensation premiums on gratutities then you have a weak or no association, and conversely, that if you have a weak or no association, then your state must assess workers' compensation premiums on gratuities. So if there is no association and your state does not assess workers' compensation premiums on gratuities, then a so-called strong association makes no difference at all. Perhaps what Matt is saying is that the NJLA was helpful in changing state law, or the enforcement thereof, which is laudable. The overdrawn non sequitur is not a useful way to evaluate limousine associations.

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Today I pay workmans comp on the gratuity portion of a drivers pay(which for my company is 2/3 as they average around 25%), as of 1/1/2003 I will no longer have to pay and I am proud to be a member of the limousine association that made that happen.

By the way, I used to pay sales tax on vehicles, parts for vehicles and labor to fix them. Because NJ has a professional association, now I don't.

Matt Harrison

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AAA/GOT:
    Today I pay workmans comp on the gratuity portion of a drivers pay(which for my company is 2/3 as they average around 25%), as of 1/1/2003 I will no longer have to pay and I am proud to be a member of the limousine association that made that happen.

By the way, I used to pay sales tax on vehicles, parts for vehicles and labor to fix them. Because NJ has a professional association, now I don't.

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only we had a NATIONAL limousine association that could make things happen.

Wade Randolph

Rome wasn't built in a day or even 9 months.

Matt Harrison

pay no sales tax on vehicles, and we have NO association. Nor are out services subject to sales and use tax. If this is what asssociations do, I guess we don't need any.

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

we know LCT and NLA are challenged when it comes to counting, but I thought NLA was organized in 1985 or 1986. This association has a gestation period longer than a herd of elephants. Perhaps the appropriate word is "stillborn?"

Rome wasn't built in a day or even 9 months.

Matt Harrison
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

What was that? Apples & oranges?

Oh, it's you!

Hi Jim....(what to say......hmmmm...what to say ummmm...)

BYE!

Matt Harrison

Matt, That's GREAT !! You are very lucky to have Tim Rose, Barry and the other super people I know up there !!

Dean Schuler

I cannot say enough GOOD THINGS about the mighty NEW JERSEY ASSOCIATION.

Dean Schuler

You are absolutely right Matt, they are a very good Association. Tim Rose is a worker and don't forget Don Kensey.
    It's to bad Tim can't get back on the NLA board, um? SS would have a hissy fit! I like Tim he's a fighter!!!!
    Don is also for the people, gee wouldn't he make a good NLA President? With a few more Board seat changes.
    My friends Dean and Wade its good to see you guys are still kickin.
    Wade maybe eventually you might get your wish!!!!
    Maybe

BPP, Damn good to have you back !! The continuing problem lies in LCT's phony Top 50 numbers and their incorrect circulation numbers. Their research is terrible and a disgrace to the Industry. Then we have the bad apples on the NLA( a wholly owned toolof Bobit Publishing ) that create more malfeasance.( the ******** Division ) It is time for the French revolution of 1789 where we hang all these useless civilians that rob our INDUSTRY of life. We don't work for the magazines, BIG GUY !! What do you say ???? Dean Schuler, since 1976

Dean Schuler

[This message was edited by Viperion Corporation / Limos.com on November 01, 2002 at 11:57 PM.]

The only answer I can think of isto enjoy their magazine and their show and forget about their numbers. Selah !!

Dean Schuler