Thread: LIMOS.com (Phone Leads)

Beware, if you are signed up for Limos.com "lead by phone" program and a client gets routed to you in error, there are no credits issued. This means is the equivalent of driving down the highway, opening your window and tossing $2 out the window.

I had a gentleman call me this morning through limos.com. He said he needed a pickup a Las Vegas airport to a hotel on the Vegas strip. I informed his that I was in Bakersfield, CA, some four hours away but would refer or have a Vegas based limo company call him. I apologized on behalf of limos.com. He said he had no idea why when he selected Las Vegas he ended up with me. I told him I didn't know.

I called limos.com to explain the situation and was rudely asked "what the problem was" with the call. I explained the geographical problem. The lady then basically said, too bad! There are no credits for misrouted calls because $1.99 is such a small amount that they decided no credits would be issued.

I don't know of anyone who likes to pay something for nothing and am disgusted with the way the call was handled as such a trivial matter.

It isn't the $2 - it's the principle of paying for nothing when I was sitting here minding my own business and a misrouted call cost me money.

Your turn Michael, and by the way, I did ask for you!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Jim,

I apologize this particular call did not work for you. First, the caller you are referring to evolved in the 661 area code. When asked "Do you need service in your local area?" the caller SAID YES which is why you received the call.

Had the caller correctly responded with "NO" he would have been routed to a Vegas company.

Unfortunately, people who don't listen or just pickup the phone and like pressing buttons without listening to the prompts will get incorrectly routed.

As for giving a credit on the call, my staff was partly correct. When we priced the calls at $1.99 we priced it with such errors in mind.

The other Pay-Per-Call product on the market (Ingenio) is charging $7 - $15 PER CALL -- I think for those advertisers who elect to use our LBP service would rather be charged $1.99 vs $15.

Our LBP service is completely optional - if you don't like how its run or its results, please disengage it.

Also, calls which last under 30 seconds are immediately credited which removes hang-ups and other misdirections. This credit policy is unadvertised.

Nonetheless, as a 1-time courtesy Jim, I will credit you on the call.

The gals in the office are only doing their job.

Hope this helps and happy holidays.
    ~ Michael
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

First let me say THANK YOU for reviewing my particular situation down to the specifics of how the caller responded.

I continue to be dismayed at the policy in general but thank you for the one time credit.

While I appreciate the difference in price at $1.99 compared to "Ingenio's" pricing of $7 to $15 per call, it is certainly not a fair comparison. I had never in my life heard of Ingenio before today. Upon researching it, they specifically specialize in posting ads on AOL that are "rotatations" which are constantly in the face of all AOL users. Obviously the AOL market reach is much broader than limos.com placement and I believe the price at $7 or even $10 per lead is probably appropriate based on the massive number of eyes which are exposed to a specific company name placed there by Ingenio.

By comparison, the amount of people limos.com exposes it's member companies to would be minute. So, at $1.99, it is fair and reasonable per call and in fact maybe even on the low side.

However, if you ordered a burger and discovered it has pickles on it and you don't like pickles and you take it back to the counter and ask for a burger without pickles, I am quite positive, your burger would be remade at no charge to you to keep you as a satisfied customer. It is the principle that the only "victim" here was me. I was out the money for nothing. Well, not now that you took care of me.

I will continue to use the program. I only get about 4 calls a year off the system so the damage from future bad calls would be minimal even if they were all "bad" leads.

I appreciate you taking care of the situation for me on a one-time basis and I know in the future now how to head it off.

The first thing out of the client's mouth was he needed a limousine in Vegas. Had I known then what I know now, I would have quickly hung up on him within the 30 seconds time limit rather than apologizing and trying to help him.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Hey Jim, if you really got a burger with pickles on it that you didn't want would you really send it back? Might get the burger back with some extra flavoring if you know what I mean.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Yes, in reality, I have always felt that people who don't want tomatoes, pickles etc. should just pull em' off and throw them away rather than slow up the delivery process with a "special order" - unless of course you're at Burger King..........
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Senior Member Limo Padawan Cliff Robinson's Avatar

I have had my issues with the calls as well. I generaly have every opportunity availiable with Limos.com and have been exreemly happy with the results of my efforts so far.

The Call routing can be an issue and paticularly when the clients are asking for sevice or paticular cars which you dont have. There is no way for limos.com to revise that unfortunately and I find that 99% of the calls I receive are not relevant to my company.

They either want Exotic vehicles Rolls Royce, Bently of some other raceing Limo, or they want a quote for 15 months out. I dont take the calls any more just not worth the money or effort.

Now if they drop the rate to the same thing as the email leads issued I would take them all regardless. I understand the need for revenue and for tools to get it, Phone leads are just that bUT for me the cost Vrs the Impact on business does not justify it at the going rate.
    “When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way, that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice!”