Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRIP TRACKER - IS IT A GOOD OR BAD TRIP???????

Again and what seems forever, I am considering switching my current software from **** **** to Trip Tracker. I was impressed with the application at the show and it seemed to address all my issues at an extremely reasonable rate.

Who out there is using this Software? How do you like it? Does it measure up? What are it's draw backs? Customer support; How is it?

I am very interested in your response.

I too checked every software out at the show however the one I wanted was not their i was dissapointed, I got back and emailed them and they said go to our website and see the special its not much but there software is awesome i have been using it for 3 days now on a trial basis and what can I say it is extrememly user friendly. I highly reccommend you download this and give it a try. www.limowiz.com

are you going to tackle this one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOHNNYB:
    Again and what seems forever, I am considering switching my current software from **** **** to Trip Tracker. I was impressed with the application at the show and it seemed to address all my issues at an extremely reasonable rate.

Who out there is using this Software? How do you like it? Does it measure up? What are it's draw backs? Customer support; How is it?

I am very interested in your response.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

actually im sure he will say what im saying because he said it to me. he is a firm believer in this product. and besides he used to have that other product

who got fed up with trying to deal with the personality behind **** ****?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOHNNYB:

I am very interested in your response.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

We are very pleased with Limowiz. The support is great and it keeps getting better. When I bought the product last August we were using version#1016.

JIm has provided numerous updates, we are now on #1052. The product is easy to use and the staff at Limowiz listens to their customers and will update the product with suggestions. My only regret is that I bought another reservation program from another company and wasted the $2500 investment. The product was not friendly and the support was poor.

Download the trail version of Limowiz.

John Sinibaldi

Thanks for the input on Limo Wiz. I have downloaded the Demo and am paroozin' as we speak (kind of!). Ya know I get frustrated with every program out there and their structure. They all force you to enter in and out of multiple boxes to enter limited information. This unfortunately becomes cumbersome and in my opinion unnecessary; Limo Wiz seems no different!

I am interested in Trip Tracker due to it's support which seems exceptional (their willingness to make modifications for a reasonable fee) internet reservations and intergration with quick books. intergrated flight tracking and confirmation faxing.

The real question, which remains untested is the ease of which I can enter info. This is a crucial component of any software package and I am hopeful this may be the one.

I have been let down twice in two years and do not want to be so again! So I ask, adnauseum, has anyone been using Trip Tracker and are you happy??????????????????????????????????????

to simply get a list of installed users from Trip Tracker and query them. Obviously, no one on limos.com uses that program.
    We purchased Trip Tracker on a 30-day trial and returned it. We found it inferior to most other programs we tried. John Sinibaldi used TT for several years and had the most experience with it.
    If you think LimoWiz requires opening multiple windows to do things, you haven't perused enough. Hey, if you're impressed by TT, then go for it. Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for the input on Limo Wiz. I have downloaded the Demo and am paroozin' as we speak (kind of!). Ya know I get frustrated with every program out there and their structure. They all force you to enter in and out of multiple boxes to enter limited information. This unfortunately becomes cumbersome and in my opinion unnecessary; Limo Wiz seems no different!

I am interested in Trip Tracker due to it's support which seems exceptional (their willingness to make modifications for a reasonable fee) internet reservations and intergration with quick books. intergrated flight tracking and confirmation faxing.

The real question, which remains untested is the ease of which I can enter info. This is a crucial component of any software package and I am hopeful this may be the one.

I have been let down twice in two years and do not want to be so again! So I ask, adnauseum, has anyone been using Trip Tracker and are you happy??????????????????????????????????????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I just looked at your posts since you became a participant and the largest number had to do with software. A year ago February you were hot on LMS Gold, now Trip Tracker, you acquired Limoware and also Easy Trip. You seem to have a knack for picking the worst of them. I referred you to limowiz a year ago, and you just got around to downloading it and obviously haven't spent any time with it. You've had lots of good responses but seem to ignore them. What more do you want from forum participants? You got our best advice but ignore it. Perhaps you are simply destined to learn the hard way.

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Hey Johnny no software really "integrates" with Quickbooks. They only send limited date to Quickbooks, its not a 2-way street. Intuit won't allow real integration. Its only a sales ploy because intuit owns over 80 percent of the small business accounting software market and the vendors know its a hot buttom to mention integration with Quickbooks. The only packaged limo software ive seen with real accounting integration is Livery Coach (the new version). It even prints invoices thru peachtree. The new Livery Coach in my opinion is the best of the best but is very expensive compared to the software you have been mentioning. I know that Limousine Livery in New Orleans bought Trip Tracker. I dont know if they still use it because when I asked them about it they said the software was very slow and the support was not good. You might try and call Kim Clark with Limousine Livery and ask her opinion about it. I got the new Fasttrak demo and have been playing with it and its a nice package also. The folks that I talked to at the show rave about Eddie McCoy's support of Fasttrak. As far as having to open alot of windows while entering reservations I am with you on that one. The two that come to mind on the least windows would be Limowiz and Livery Coach. If you can afford it Livery Coach has the features that come close to my ideal software. I never thought I would say it after I got screwed by the original owners of the software but Dennis Adams has really turned it around. The standard of limo software used to be Limo Magic but the DOS days are over in my opinion and Livery Coach has the best features of Limo Magic. I think the coolest feature of all is the automatic faxing of confirmations and farm charges request so you dont have to remember. YOu just tag the ones that want the faxes when you set them up and after that any reservation for that client will automatically be faxed confirmations, farm confirmations and receipts. I think if you spent the money and bit the bullet you would never look at limo softare again.

Wade Randolph

Well Jim (jhj)I am sorry if you take offense to the fact that, how I shudder to say, did not take the advice of my forum brethren. Yes I did not purchase LimoWiz when you suggested I do so - SO SHOOT ME!!! But for the record I did download it last year upon your advice - SO SHUT UP!! And even with your learned advice and strong recomendation chose not to make that purchase for reasons that are no longer with me.

Whereas you are so up to date on all my POSTS then a sharp mind such as yours (?) could see that my quest for the ideal software has shifted from one aspect to the other. What grabed me yesterday as a selling point failed to do so today.

In the fuure I would hope that you value this theatre provided to us from the good folks at Limos.com, the understanding of which is that it exists for the give and take of ideas - SOME ARE ACCEPTED AND OTHERS ARE NOT! one thing is for certain that no one and I mean no one should ever feel a question should not be asked wether it be once a day, year or decade.

Maybe you should hang up your self annoited dear abbey position and become a leader of a boy scout troop; Now there's a group that may just listen to a man of your stature or better yet buy a dog!

Folks I have been playing around with FastTrak for the last couple of days and I have to say that I am very impressed with the software. Im not claiming its perfect or is for everybody but its very advanced in its features for the price. As I said before I owned the previous version of Livery Coach and was very disappointed but think that Dennis Adams and the new Livery Coach is the "cadillac" of the present limo software packages. I must admit I was shocked today when I looked at the yearly maintenance plan offered by Livery Coach. $3500 bucks...thats right $3500.00 for yearly maintenance. If you count up all the options and maintenance you could easily top $15k for the purchase of the current version. Now Livery Coach is good but not that good. I hope Dennis figures out theres alot more small and medium sized operators than large ones that need 15grand software packages. Anyway there are a few things I would change about Fasttrak but overall I would give it a 8+ out of 10 especailly for the price. I do think LimoWiz is somewhat simpler and is a little more intuitive to learn but as usual the more complex programs to tend to offer more in the long run. I will continue to play with Fasttrak and let you folks know what my final verdict is. Since the NLA wont test software I guess JHJ and I will.

Wade Randolph

Well Jim (jhj)I am sorry if you take offense to the fact that, how I shudder to say, did not take the advice of my forum brethren. Yes I did not purchase LimoWiz when you suggested I do so - SO SHOOT ME!!! But for the record I did download it last year upon your advice - SO SHUT UP!! And even with your learned advice and strong recomendation chose not to make that purchase for reasons that are no longer with me.

Whereas you are so up to date on all my POSTS then a sharp mind such as yours (?) could see that my quest for the ideal software has shifted from one aspect to the other. What grabed me yesterday as a selling point failed to do so today.

In the fuure I would hope that you value this theatre provided to us from the good folks at Limos.com, the understanding of which is that it exists for the give and take of ideas - SOME ARE ACCEPTED AND OTHERS ARE NOT! one thing is for certain that no one and I mean no one should ever feel a question should not be asked wether it be once a day, year or decade.

Maybe you should hang up your self annoited dear abbey position and become a leader of a boy scout troop; Now there's a group that may just listen to a man of your stature or better yet buy a dog!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Johnny let us know what you didnt like about your previous software packages, maybe the software vendors will read this and finally make us some real software.

Wade Randolph

Wade,
    Of the two Software packages I have purhased both have failed to measure up. First was Limoware. I was reluctant but green. Please note, before getting into this Biz I owned and operated a four million dollar trash company before selling out to the big boys. My initial purchase was a 999.00 software program -Dos based that grew seamlessly with my operation. Granted it did not do all the tings that I wanted but it certainly met the standard. This is part reason that I did not fear doing business with Bruce Davidson and Limoware in this current world of windows. I held that product for two days and returned it. I am still waiting for a refund check from him; When the phone aint ringing I guess it is him!!(as a side note I filed a complaint with the NLA and they never followed through - my dues in action?) I did research Limoware and as most consumers made my purchase, though unfortunately, on the fact that I felt comfortable with Davidson. Please bear in mind that I was green (2 months in biz)and really green upon knowing what I wanted or needed.

My second purchase was EZ Trip. I bought this paticular package for a couple of reasons (Bear in mind again that this is still actually my first purchase because I never got Limoware operational)This software is far from perfect for my needs but as a whole will get the job done. The problem with the software is not so much the software; it is wih the owner of the company. You can never get a straight answer. I am ready to start a barbara Geller spport group so we can comfort each other with the fact that it is not our fault!! Currently, and most recently she sent me an update. Be advised that I purchased a shared ride Shuttle service and am using a pretty intense software package for that (ONE GOOD BUY!!!) This paticular software is really not suited for Limousine applications so currently I am forced to keep the operations seperate. This update from ez trip, I loaded as instructed and it wiped out my PC Charge infromation. I called Geller and she attempted to assist and failed. I then called the guys at my other Vendor and they had me up and running within 15 minutes (bear in mind this was not their problem but they still came to the plate) I then called Ms. Geller and she concluded that I must of installed it wrong. So she proceeded to walk me through and guess what?? It screwed up PC charge again!! I called my guys at Hudson and they walked me back to charge ability. This all transpired saturday March 16th - The day before I left for the show!!!
    As of this writing I have faxed ez trip a few of it's error messages as required and I have yet to hear from her!!! I am forced to manually and individually enter through PC charge all of my charges on the Limousine side of things.

So now maybe you can understand why I am where I am.

Now I am looking for a new Limo software Vendor. I did look at Livery coach at the show and yes I can afford it but quite frankly it is much more then I need. AGAIN I am reviewing Limowiz but they will not have any of the features that I am seeking. All I want is a simple scheduler with fax and e-mail capabilities. The scheduler should be easy to enter (simplify damn it!!!) I hate having to move in and out of those damn boxes to enter simple data!!(come on e-guys dont be difficult or make it more difficult then you have to; make a e-solution for us!!)) I would like to do real internet reservations and flight track intergration. And if it can move deposits into quickbooks at the flick of a button then I would certainly not say no!! These are the features that I am looking for as well as the standard stuff and it seems trip tracker is offering them and I am interested. There remains one question to be answered and that is wether or not their support is above par? Will they make modifications as I need them and will they address all my problems and not hide like Barabar Geller??

Lancelot searched for the Holy Grail, I search for the perfect software.

[This message was edited by Michele- Vendor Relations on March 26, 2002 at 10:54 AM.]

Johnny I feel your pain. Dealing with these software vendors reminds me of that movie years ago..I think the name of it was Money Pit. The homeowners had to beg and bribe the contractors to do what they promised at double the cost. I have found most software vendors are like this. See the problem is most of these guys are technical kinda guys and gals and they used to be locked up in a room writing code all day and night, not dealing with the public. Now they want a piece of the pie and think they are sales people. I must admit I am totally ignorant of the shared ride market but I have a couple of suggestions for you. LMS for windows has a shared ride module and its similar to easy trip so the learning curve would be short. Now Fasttrak really does alot more and has a really slick interface. I suggest you download the working demo of fasttrak and play around with it for a few days and see what you think. I know that fasttrak has a group module in its server program that might be just what your looking for. Let me know what you think

Wade Randolph