Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LimoMagic - Come out Come out Wherever you are.....

I am currently evaluating software including all of the ones listed here. The one thing that is really bugging me is that all of my national network reservations come in via "LimoMagic" and I want to know why they chose it before I make my decision. Anybody got a clue?

Call Johnny Thompson in S.F. at 415-431-1993

Dean Schuler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Central Virginia Limousine & Coach Co.:
    I am currently evaluating software including all of the ones listed here. The one thing that is really bugging me is that all of my national network reservations come in via "LimoMagic" and I want to know why they chose it before I make my decision. Anybody got a clue?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it USED to be the best limo software. Many moons ago in the DOS days. Livery Coach does all and more that limo magic did and it's windows based, but you will need to open your wallet big time to buy it.

Wade Randolph

Livery Coach. I'll let you all know how it works out. I should have it on-line by 10/7

Wade is right, you gotta dig deep for this one but it looks to be well worth it.

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

They choose it many,many years ago. There are numerous other options available now. Johnny Thompson ( in business since 1969 ) still uses it, I believe. Tell him I told you to call.

Dean Schuler

Fasttrak is the best system I have ever had. Dean Schuler, since 1976

Dean Schuler

Fasttrak is "1337"

Sorry, been watching my nephews play on the net...

Try out Fasttrak for free for 30 days, it even has sample data so you can evaluate without having to enter your real data.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Fasttrak is the best system I have ever had. Dean Schuler, since 1976

Dean Schuler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eddie at FASTTRAK is super at support.

Dean Schuler

Wade is one of the top 25 operators in the country. He knows software inside and out. You may e-mail Mr. Randolph at Riversidelimo@prodigy.net. Do not call Wade-he is busy running a highly successful livery operation.

Dean Schuler

I agree that Wade is an Ace... I'm just curious who the other top 23 are?

Karl Jones

they'll identify all 37 of the other 23, as well as the four who are 24th, together with their 11,432 vehicles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Karl:
    I agree that Wade is an Ace... I'm just curious who the other top 23 are?

Karl Jones
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

Fastrak is good .I just dont like paying the $300 a year for maintenance , These guys are building a retirement on residual income produced by this. If I want a update I would like to have the option not to get and keep what I have.

I wouldn’t say they are building a retirement. But they are making an effort to build a loyalty by way of investment in their products. Consider how many installations of their software they can possibly sell to the limousine industry? Not many. I would recognize Eddie, Jamal, Dennis and the other developers are not stocking the shelves of the local Best Buy or CompUSA stores with their respective software (they probably wish they could!). Besides, the annual maintenance (or license fee, etc.) would probably be less than hiring the manpower necessary to accomplish the same job without the software.

Karl Jones

Karl,

Since you mentioned my name here, I would like to reply and make it clear about Creative Software's maintenance and support policy. The user has the option to stay current with the LimoWiz software by purchasing the yearly maintenance and support. We now have a special one-year of support and maintenance included with LimoWiz purchase. If he/she/they decides not to stay current after the one year, they will lag behined and they will end up asking so many questions about the new features or revisions. We're constantly improving the software and adding new features and enhance existing code. As software developers we have to maintain code and also pay subscrtiption fees to other companies that make programming languages, compilers and libraries used to develop the software. The benefit to the user is, they don't have to worry about that and we support the customer if a problem arises and keep them current at less than the price of a coffee cup at Dunken Donuts. To keeping LimoWiz top notch, we work hard, sometimes to the early hours of the morning.

While no software out there is 100% bullet-proof, it's unfair what some users expect from honest software developers especially when they are always there ready to support and help. Users who don't stay current & expect a free upgrade years later and not pay for it are just not fair. No software company will ever do that.

Needless to say, some companies cashed a lot of money then vanished or terminate and lock the program if yearly fee is not paid. We don't do that! You have the option.
    As you said Karl, "Besides, the annual maintenance (or license fee, etc.) would probably be less than hiring the manpower necessary to accomplish the same job without the software."

Regards,
    Jamal Assaf
    Creative Software
    1-888-396-3175
    LimoWiz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Karl:
    I wouldn’t say they are building a retirement. But they are making an effort to build a loyalty by way of investment in their products. Consider how many installations of their software they can possibly sell to the limousine industry? Not many. I would recognize Eddie, Jamal, Dennis and the other developers are not stocking the shelves of the local Best Buy or CompUSA stores with their respective software (they probably wish they could!). Besides, the annual maintenance (or license fee, etc.) would probably be less than hiring the manpower necessary to accomplish the same job without the software.

Karl Jones
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Licensing is a tricky subject. Everyone 'licenses' their product one way or another. Eddie at FastTrak puts many hours into building his systems.

Granted, you might only want version 2.0 that might has well be used as a door stop. However, when your system comes crashing down or you are panicked because you can't get your manifest printed, you WILL wish you had your friendly software engineer at your side.

Remember, software is not an asset you own. It is technically the closest thing to a physical manifestation of intellectual property (whew..say that eight times in a row).

Even Microsoft makes your sign licensing agreements and the forces you (albeit slowly) to migrate to their next system. Try running ANY of the new software out there on WinDOSE 3.1 or even 95.

So, just because you physically have a CD in your hand or a box with pretty colors does NOT mean you own it!