Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is LCT'S 2008 "Fact Book" Factual?

Senior Member Limo Padawan InTheLeftLane's Avatar

Originally posted by gunny:
    <snip>
    Sell business
    Kiss industry assholes goodbye
    Sounds like a great retirement plan!
    Steven Groves
    Vice President / Silent Dispatch, Inc.

Sponsors of InTheLeftLane - Slow Traffic Keep Right!

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!

Originally posted by InTheLeftLane:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D. Hartson:
    quote:
    <snip>
    I don't know how many years you have been in the industry...
    <snip>
    Information is always worth the time to be researched before printed! Credibility!
    I am a newbie and have never owned a car, I'm a marketing guy, learning about this industry all the time.

As to the LCT Report; if the data is horribly skewed, I get it. Sorry it is not useful to you - throw the issue away in the trash.

If they've been doing it for a long time, in the face of the industry, I'd have to wonder why people still patronize them. There must be SOMEthing right in what they're doing over there.

Lastly, how does an LCT Award impact revenue and a livelyhood in the industry? Does the award = some % increase in bookings? Does it come with a cash prize? I do not think so (oops, there I go thinking again, Gunny - dang...)

As far as I can remember, an award plaque like this looks good on a wall. The award and $2.50 get you a cup of coffee today at Starbucks.

Back to thinking... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve the LCT Operator of the Year award turns into "Voted The Best Limousine Company in The Nation" award after the LCT Show. Just check out all the past award winners to see how they whored the award out. Press releases, website banners, email blasts to clients all saying "Voted Best Limousine Company in the US 2008". Most of the companies are good companies but lets be honest who the hell really knows who the best company in the nation is.

Historical evidence speaks otherwise. Correct operator numbers are imperative for effective industry lobbying.IN GENERAL: Playing around with the numbers, not researching them properly and/or making them up is known as the School of Numbers syndrome. This afflicts many industries. Follow the business news for pertinent examples. Sloppy work carries a very bad smell with it.
    I think the LCT gang is doing their best to present good data and I do NOT think they're acting in some kind of conspiracy to mislead anyone. Geez you guys....

I've assembled and posted data from four credible sources on how big the industry is and the numbers vary widely.

See what you think; check the post here at InTheLeftLaneOnline.com
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Historical evidence speaks otherwise. Correct operator numbers are imperative for effective industry lobbying.IN GENERAL: Playing around with the numbers, not researching them properly and/or making them up is known as the School of Numbers syndrome. This afflicts many industries. Follow the business news for pertinent examples. Sloppy work carries a very bad smell with it. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InTheLeftLane:
    I think the LCT gang is doing their best to present good data and I do NOT think they're acting in some kind of conspiracy to mislead anyone. Geez you guys....

I've assembled and posted data from four credible sources on how big the industry is and the numbers vary widely.

See what you think; check the post here at InTheLeftLaneOnline.com
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only those who live life under the umbrella of Integrity could understand the festering implications of one lie leading to another until truth becomes nonrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

For the liars & those who align with them, truth will bite them in the ass sooner or later as long as there are those diligent enough to follow the issues & bring forth the "facts".
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    Most of the companies are good companies but lets be honest who the hell really knows who the best company in the nation is.
    hmm... probably the point of my comments here, that and why it matters to anyone to point of raising blood pressure.

I do not know them like you guys do, but does anyone really believe that the people at LCT are trying to doctor the numbers in their study for some nefarious reason?

Just askin'...
    Steven Groves

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Sloppy work carries a very bad smell with it.
    Great point Dean... I am getting a sense that the data MIGHT be altered for political reasons, but I cannot imagine why they'd lower the # vs. fudge it upward.
    Steven Groves

Originally posted by gunny:
    <snip>
    ... truth will bite them in the ass sooner or later as long as there are those diligent enough to follow the issues & bring forth the "facts".
    I agree with the comment. I wonder how long we have to wait and be diligent.

Off to think about it...
    Steven Groves

To make the number of NLA members look very good in relation to their total industry numbers. Think: CARTEL
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Sloppy work carries a very bad smell with it.
    Great point Dean... I am getting a sense that the data MIGHT be altered for political reasons, but I cannot imagine why they'd lower the # vs. fudge it upward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Dean Schuler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunny:
    <snip>
    ... truth will bite them in the ass sooner or later as long as there are those diligent enough to follow the issues & bring forth the "facts".
    I agree with the comment. I wonder how long we have to wait and be diligent.

Off to think about it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correction to my statement:
    "the truth has bitten them in the ass & will continue to bite them in the ass as long as there are those diligent enough to hold LCT & the NLA accountable for what they spew as gospel"

Case in point, I have a file drawer filled with official VFH licensing documents (that does not cover every jurisdiction in the U.S.) whose numbers contained therein surpass the numbers reported by LCT. Digest has a team of researches who diligently research the numbers. Yet, some LCT scammers will lay claim that no one has researched the numbers.

Now why would the NLA with approximately 2k members want the world to believe that there are only 10k operators vice 14k or more according to other sources? What's the difference if they lay claim to representing 20% vice 10 to 15% of the Industry? Got me. Hell, my small alliance has only a dozen active associates. Never mind that 25% of us have federal lawsuits going covering interstate commerce issues, federal preemptions & other surprise issues that will most likely result in changing elements of the VFH Industry in Florida when all is said and done.

Ooops, just wiped out any LCT/NLA argument of quality membership as they sure as hell haven't accomplished anything noteworthy & it looks like their RIDE Act amendment is doomed to failure with the AAAE on the warpath.

Go to this site to see my point www.lindseylimo.com Michael is a good guy and a good operator, but really the caption is misleading to anyone but us savy in the business.

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    Go to this site to see my point www.lindseylimo.com Michael is a good guy and a good operator, but really the caption is misleading to anyone but us savy in the business.
    How about this one
    Greene Classic #1 in America

Shit, I thought my Buddy Billy of Clique Limo was voted #1 in 2003?

Gunny how about this:

"Voted best chauffeurs 2007"
    "Voted best vehicles 2007"
    "Voted best owner 2007"
    "voted best office 2007"

Hell the list could go on forever!

Wade,

In my local phone book, there is an ad for Blue Ribbon Limousine that says, "Voted #1 in Kern County".

The gentleman that owns the company is much older than me. In fact I have been expecting him to have a heart attack for the past 15 years.

I do respect him for his business mind and the fact that he owns a potato packing shed, a used car lot, an auction house and lots of apartments so I do try to pick his brain from time to time over a beer.

I asked him, who voted you number one in Kern County? He replied, "I did!". I said, you can't just make statements that you were voted number on in Kern County. He replied, "Sure you can. You can put anything you want in your ad because you're the one paying for it" and he believes this is ethical and shrewed business.......
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Originally posted by Limo Scene:
    Wade,

In my local phone book, there is an ad for Blue Ribbon Limousine that says, "Voted #1 in Kern County".

The gentleman that owns the company is much older than me. In fact I have been expecting him to have a heart attack for the past 15 years.

I do respect him for his business mind and the fact that he owns a potato packing shed, a used car lot, an auction house and lots of apartments so I do try to pick his brain from time to time over a beer.

I asked him, who voted you number one in Kern County? He replied, "I did!". I said, you can't just make statements that you were voted number on in Kern County. He replied, "Sure you can. You can put anything you want in your ad because you're the one paying for it" and he believes this is ethical and shrewed business.......
    LOL Luff he sounds like the typical limo operator.

Quote:

All I can say is:

AMEN STEVE! If you don't like it, QUIT BUYING IT!

If you don't believe it, QUIT READING IT!

I don't read the National Enquirer because I don't believe it. It would be ridiculous to buy it and then argue the "facts" contained within the pages.

Again, who cares????? I swear it equates to who has a bigger penis mentality. It isn't a worth while debate. If it they report 9,612 and someone else reports 10,413 WHAT difference does it make??????
    Your background of a family member that worked in the media, you know that certain ethics do exist. It seems you are reacting like you are being attacked personally! This is not the case. LCT has been printing as you know unverified information for many years before your association with the publication. Pressure from the public keeps all media publications (including Digest) in line with demanding accurate and truthful information. The New York Times as an example is always under the microscope because of the following descriptions of media behavior. Providing information to a Industry such as ours, as small as it is, needs to have information that helps the Industry grow with information that is as close to reality as it can. Unverified information can be used to sway influence on the effect of the behavior of the industry at large. Please review the 3 codes of ethics in Journalism below! Enjoy your day!

Sensationalism

sen•sa•tion•al•ism [sen-sey-shuh-nl-iz-uh m]
    the use of or interest in this subject matter, language, or style: The cheap tabloids relied on sensationalism to increase their circulation.

Many believe that sensationalism is a practice of media corporations especially through Television News whereby the use of pictures and footage overpowers the story creating a different and often biased viewpoint

Controversy is created "when journalists confine themselves to the search for the violent or the miraculous, not only do they paint a grotesque face on the world, but they deprive their audiences of the opportunity to examine subtler occurrences with larger consequences" (Stephens, 2007:113).

Truth

truth\ˈtrüth\

the body of real things, events, and facts

The meaning of the word truth extends from honesty, good faith, and sincerity in general, to agreement with fact or reality in particular.[

Integrity
    in•teg•ri•ty \in-ˈte-grə-tē\
    firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : INCORRUPTIBILITY

In discussions on behavior and morality, one view of the property of integrity sees it as the virtue of basing actions on an internally-consistent framework of principles