Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accounting Software(quickbooks,quickeen)

Can anyone suggest whcih one is better. The paper in the book just is not cutting keeping track of our daily expensies. Im trying to figure out how much comes and how much goes out. Unfortuantly i cant even tell my self how much i made or didnt make last year.

Member Limo Padawan

We use quickbooks and it works great. It does every-thing that I think we need and even a few I haven't yet thought of uses for. The most important thing it does is payroll taxes. It allows us to do these our self and save the extra accouting fees I would have to pay. You can even intergrate credit crad acceptance into it and not have to double enter. I am sure some of the limo software would be great to have but this works great for my bussines at this time.

As for not knowing whats coming in and going out thats a dangerous way to handle your money.

Shad
    Shad

I have used both QuickBooks (10+ years) and Peachtree (6 years). On a side by side comparison, QuickBooks is much easier to operate if you are a beginner. When we upgraded our Reservation Software to LiveryCoach in 2001, LiveryCoach was only compatible with Peachtree (Both Peachtree and QuickBooks can now be integrated with LiveryCoach). After taking a crash course in Peachtree, and working with the program for 6 years, I still problems here and there - The interface is not the easiest to use. QuickBooks is much more user-friendly and easier to operate.

are you able to keep track of car payments, gas and other expensies. do you divide you accounts up between cars or catagory's i tried to use it and got so confused?

Thank you for your input. I have an appointment with an account on monday to show me the system and the know of the program. If i have quickbooks do you suggest i stay with it?

Originally posted by limos4u:
    are you able to keep track of car payments, gas and other expensies. do you divide you accounts up between cars or catagory's i tried to use it and got so confused?
    The answer is yes. We have categories and accounts setup for each car. We have been using Quickbooks for 9 years now.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Can anyone suggest whcih one is better.
    I think it is hard to say one is actually better than the other. From my perspective I have been using quickbooks for all of my businesses for the last 12 years. It is what I know, what I use, hence what I recommend. If you are comfortable with a windows environmet you'll find it a snap. My suggestion is have a bookkeeper or QuickBooks professional help you set up your accounts and company. This will save you some frustration over the long term.

Cheers,
    Marcus
    Marcus Rosen
    Hamilton Limo
    mrosen@hamiltonlimo.com

Member Limo Padawan

Quickbooks here as well as per our accountants recommendation
    Can anyone suggest whcih one is better. The paper in the book just is not cutting keeping track of our daily expensies. Im trying to figure out how much comes and how much goes out. Unfortuantly i cant even tell my self how much i made or didnt make last year.

i know this sounds odd but does someone have a pre loaded file they can send me. you can delete your financial info but just so i can see how it is set up.

Member Limo Padawan

that might be considered a licsening violation
    Shad

i dont beleive so becuase all your doing is creating a saved file and viewing it on another system. i just want to see how a limo company sets theres up as supposed to how this account will tell me.

Limos4u when I originally setup Quickbooks it had many business type templates. We used the taxicab template and my CPA spend about an hour tweeking it for me. I would go this route if I were you.

wade thank you for the input i was unaware of the template feature. Thank you everyone for all of your info.

can you tell me what version of quickbooks you guys are usng? simple start, pro or premier?

can you tell me what version of quickbooks you guys are usng? simple start, pro or premier?
    I am using Quickbooks 2005 Pro.