Thread: tasteful on-vehicle advertising for operators

I have been looking for access to some means of advertising a product. it is an electroluminescent backlit license plate for the front of a vehicle. it is thin and unobtrusive, looks like a standard vanity plate, but has the capability to have an insert, printed on translucent white plastic with either a color printer or silk screen, of the operators choice and would provide unobtrusive yet elegant advertising for the service. would someone please mail me the name or contact info for any of the limo trade journals or preferably mail order catalog info for limo accessories. if this is not the correct place to advertise this, would someone please advise me the proper way. thanks, i can be contacted at jonsetasi@aol.com

This isn't what you are looking for, but it may be of interest to you and some other people:

http://www.primelinx.com

Michael -

You misunderstood the first message. John Jones has a product he is looking to sell. He should post a message in your product directory. In the meantime, by direct e-mail (at my request) John sent me a .jpg file of this lighted front license plate. It looks very interesting, but it would be nice to see a photo of the product installed and lit. Also, I wonder if it will fit the OEM front license plate holder on Lincoln Town Cars since this is 80% (give or take) of the market for this product in the limousine industry.
    By the way, we use the Primelinx product that your message links to with great comment and success. Because of the way the 1998 and later Lincolns are designed, there is no really good place to put the Primelinx plate. We finally ended up securing it to the very bottom of the rear window, which also makes it super-visible from the rear, even in traffic. It is simultaneously unobtrusive and very noticeable and effective.
    We've been looking for a tastefully lit front license plate for awhile. We toyed with having a lexan plate made with white LED light source from the edges (which can be battery powered due to low energy requirement). I think it's possible to imbed text or images in the lexan in a way that the light is caught only by the images or text and not the background, making it look like the text and images are the light source. Am I explaining this right? Has anybody seen anything like this

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

Do you have a website where we can see the pictures?

Do you have any distributors in Australia??

Let me know if you have, or if you would like me to distribute them here in OZ!

Steve
    www.topclasslimos.com.au
    steve@topclasslimos.com.au

Jim,

So is that a recommendation on the Primelinx plates? I would think this kind of advertising would be a steal @ 39 dollars a plate.

I was going to get one for my car that says "Limos.com!"

Yes, I did misread the gentleman's post. Sorry!

Yes, it's a definite recommendation of Primelinx. Frankly, I think it looks better to do www.limos.com because it balances better on the plate. You could do limos.com and put it aft of the front wheel well and it would look good in shorter version there. But then, after selling limos.com, it may not look as good as you think on your Rolls Royce.

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Ahh this boy don't have no Rolls Royce - remember, I am only 31 years old. Maybe if I was 60 I'd go in that direction.

I went with something a little faster ....

Boxster, perhaps? Maybe it's gotta' be Italian - that leaves Ferrari or Lamborghini? Either way, ain't no place to put a www.limos.com unless on the bumper (bad idea, too easily mutilated).

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Now cmon Jim, how much do you think I sold the company for? Lambo's go for 250K and the last I checked, Ferrari's are low mid 100's -- a little too steep for my taste.

This ride has a big fat bumper on the rear to tastefully put my www.limos.com link.