Thread: party bus insurance

I have just purchased a full size school bus that I will be converting in to a fully decked out rolling party bus for hire. I plan on doing the usual sports, weddings and bar hop sort of thing. Out of the 15 or so insurance companies that I contacted only 3 returned my call. It seems that I would need a minimum of 5 million dollars liability a year which equates to between 12 to 15 thousand dollars a year for insurance. There is just no way I can afford that. Does anyone know of a better way to get my business up and going. I thought maybe having the clients sign a liability waiver but some others I have spoke with seem to think that that is a bad idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevster1200cc:
    I have just purchased a full size school bus that I will be converting in to a fully decked out rolling party bus for hire. I plan on doing the usual sports, weddings and bar hop sort of thing. Out of the 15 or so insurance companies that I contacted only 3 returned my call. It seems that I would need a minimum of 5 million dollars liability a year which equates to between 12 to 15 thousand dollars a year for insurance. There is just no way I can afford that. Does anyone know of a better way to get my business up and going. I thought maybe having the clients sign a liability waiver but some others I have spoke with seem to think that that is a bad idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    CContact the bus manufacturers, you are an operator and deserve answers. Sincerely, Dean Schuler