Thread: 1988 Lincoln Towncar

I just purchased this car for personal use und it is in need of some fixing up. The roof (vinyl exterior) has some cracks on it (white) and I have no idea if I should be getting a new paintjob on it or just get it buffed. So far I have been told about 1000 dollars and up for a new paint job, but since I only paid 2000 dollars for the Limo to begin with I am not willing to spend this much on a new paintjob. any suggestions? Thanks Susanne

"better get maaco"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joel yee:
    "better get maaco"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    sorry it was Maaco and Earl Scheib that told me 1000 Dollar and Up for the Paint Job.

Call Jay Meyer

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Call Jay Meyer

Dean Schuler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

? I'm sorry, "Jay Meyer" ? who is he or what is it? If it is a Auto Shop we don't have one here in Hawaii

Please don't think I have this attitude, but if bodyshops in Hawaii are anything like the ones here, did you send a male to get the quote? I'm not saying he would know anything more than you, it's just autobody shops aren't known for equality.

Oh, and the vinyl top needs to be replaced if it has cracks, just repairing it will look like crap.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LA Limousines (David):
    Please don't think I have this attitude, but if bodyshops in Hawaii are anything like the ones here, did you send a male to get the quote? I'm not saying he would know anything more than you, it's just autobody shops aren't known for equality.

Oh, and the vinyl top needs to be replaced if it has cracks, just repairing it will look like crap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the Info David. I am not offended by you saying it maybe better if I have a male get a quote on it. I never even thought about that. It is pretty sad though, that some people still think that WE women don't know anything about cars. It was myself that figured out why the windshield whiper fluid was not coming out right and I fixed it. My Husband didn't know what I was talking about. I will have him go around and getting estimates from now on. Thanks again
    Susanne

Do you have a vocational school near you that has an auto body class?? They will do body and paint work for the cost of the materials. Students get to use what they have learned. Got a personal truck done this way. Instructors make sure work is done right or they fix it themselves.

Check with an upolstery shop. I found one that will repair and re dye the top without seams. Repairs are hard to notice unless you look close.

May be hard to find in Hawaii, but these places are out there if you ask around.

Good luck!