Thread: 2006 Limo Goals

So lets hear it! What are your goals for 2006 in the limo business? Add more cars? More revenue? More customers? Work less? Sell the business? Hire more chauffeurs/inside help? Increase/reduce (%) of hourlies? Airports?

Or do you even set goals? Lets hear those goals!
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

#1 - Get my day in court.
    #2 - Move Ops into more populated market.
    #3 - Continue to be a major pain in the A$$ to you all know who & what!!!!
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

The way things are here in Northern Mich. right now, try to sell the business but I know that won't happen so plan "B" is keep driving the School Bus and try to get more hours there. Down size to just one maybe two Limos. Do charter Bus work for some one during the summer. Look for another position. Any one looking for an out spoken 60 year old person with an extensive transportation back round to help them run their business?
    David E. Merrill

Originally posted by Viperion Corporation / Limos.com:
    So lets hear it! What are your goals for 2006 in the limo business? Add more cars? More revenue? More customers? Work less? Sell the business? Hire more chauffeurs/inside help? Increase/reduce (%) of hourlies? Airports?

Or do you even set goals? Lets hear those goals!
    To get out of this business! Seriously, both I and my cousin who is involved in our company have almost simultaneously come into very profitable but separate opportunities that were unforseen a few months ago. I'm going to do one or more posts here shortly on this subject. So much is written about how to get into the business that I thought I'd write about why and how to get out of the business. Stay tuned for this exciting contribution to knowledge!
    James H. Joseph
    Joseph Law Offices, P.C.
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhjoseph@joseph.law.pro

I am surprised at the response of Dave and JHJ as you both seem to be major people in the know,(at least on the forum). My goal is to get out of my backyard shop and into a building of substance. Someone asked me why I would spend the money for that. My answer is "it legitimizes my business". You see, if people can see a shop with a name on it and see the cars parked out front, it gives the feeling of being a good business. As people drive by, it gets them thinking.
    Every saturday, I go to the car wash and when people see me out there drying off the cars, they honk, wave, and stop to ask questions. I love the looks when I can have both cars side by side and 3-4 people drying. That brings in the looks and lets people know I am serious about my business.
    Being very rural, like Dave, it is tough to expand my 2 car fleet. So, I would like to upgrade. Car maint. seems to be my largest cost. I see alot of opportunities for my company, I just need to figure out how to capitalize on them.
    Keep those Big Cars rolling
    Chuck

Senior Member Limo Padawan ziggyburd's Avatar

Originally posted by gunny:
    #1 - Get my day in court.
    #2 - Move Ops into more populated market.
    #3 - Continue to be a major pain in the A$$ to you all know who & what!!!!
    I hear you Gunny, I hear you!

I know the people and the area!!
    Zane Burdette
    St. Petersburg, FL

http://www.thefita.com/

Malcontent Member

More high-end, high volume contract business.
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by David Merrill:
    The way things are here in Northern Mich. right now, try to sell the business but I know that won't happen so plan "B" is keep driving the School Bus and try to get more hours there. Down size to just one maybe two Limos. Do charter Bus work for some one during the summer. Look for another position. Any one looking for an out spoken 60 year old person with an extensive transportation back round to help them run their business?

David,
    The best thing you have is experience, so look around there are different nitches in transportation which may require a lot less and still make money. The thought of selling the company is scary isn`t it, trying to get what the business is worth.Not to mention all the time and effort invested, but it would be nice to take a monthly check with interest and let the new guy have all of the headaches.This type of business often runs your life, which is alright in itself but it gets old after awhile, but im sure you know this.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

A big goal for me is to downsize and sell my two taxi companies, and just do limousine service.

Sharpen my company image and update fleet

Try to relax and maybe take an overdue vacation

Here are our written goals for 2006.

1. Minimum 20% increase in sales.
    2. New website (continually updated).
    3. Purchase of Drivecan and Voice Logger.
    4. Additional warehouse space.
    5. Chauffeurs lounge.
    6. Chauffeur trainer in place.
    7. All procedures and systems being documented.
    8. Adding 2 more vehicles.
    9. Having 10-full time and 10- part time chauffeurs.
    10. Live operator at night.
    11. Join local business associations.

Wade , our goals are very similar.

We are working on the new bldg now. The new website is being built with real time online rez's.

we have implemented a traing program , but plan to enhance it.

I should be adding 2 - 3 cars , mainly sedans as our corporate work keeps increasing.

I have hired and am traing a second office person now. That should help with having some free time w/out having calls forwarded to me.

I am shooting for 25 - 30% increase in sales.

The most important goal though is developing a real and working budget , like we started in Miami. I have been playing with it , and should have it done by mid Jan.
    It won't change much for 06 , but will be a big help in planning 07 and beyond.

Originally posted by BirmLimo - Michael Birmingham:
    Wade , our goals are very similar.

We are working on the new bldg now. The new website is being built with real time online rez's.

we have implemented a traing program , but plan to enhance it.

I should be adding 2 - 3 cars , mainly sedans as our corporate work keeps increasing.

I have hired and am traing a second office person now. That should help with having some free time w/out having calls forwarded to me.

I am shooting for 25 - 30% increase in sales.

The most important goal though is developing a real and working budget , like we started in Miami. I have been playing with it , and should have it done by mid Jan.
    It won't change much for 06 , but will be a big help in planning 07 and beyond.
    Michael thank you for reminding me about the budget! I totally forgot about it. It is on my list to complete by 1/31/05. Michael I hope to see you at the next Mazza meeting in July in Philly. Have a great new year!

1. Hire real manager to network w/hotels and wedding planners to increase runs.
    2. Add a boutique car- perhaps another PT Cruiser.
    3. Evict my current tenant from office next door(poor payer) and use space for limo and other businesses.
    4. Buy a Chrysler 300 based on success of 1-3 above.