Thread: INSURANCE RATES IN CANADA.......

I have just received my new Premium for this year and it has just gone through the roof.It seems the Insurance Companies have us by the "short & curlys" I would like to hear from CANADIAN operators,How much has your insurance gone up,and what can we do about it????I am now paying over $11.000. per year for 3 cars-a `94 Sedan,a `96 6 passenger and a 2001 8 passenger.I`ve had no accidents or tickets in the 19 years I`ve been in the business and I`m really PISSED OFF,I may have to sell a car or raise my rates and we all know what that means.
    Please,Please lets get together and see what we can do about this robbery.

Sandy, it is over $11,000 per year, what was it before? How much of an increase?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bramalea Limousine Service:
    I have just received my new Premium for this year and it has just gone through the roof.It seems the Insurance Companies have us by the "short & curlys" I would like to hear from CANADIAN operators,How much has your insurance gone up,and what can we do about it????I am now paying over $11.000. per year for 3 cars-a `94 Sedan,a `96 6 passenger and a 2001 8 passenger.I`ve had no accidents or tickets in the 19 years I`ve been in the business and I`m really PISSED OFF,I may have to sell a car or raise my rates and we all know what that means.
    Please,Please lets get together and see what we can do about this robbery. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be delighted if my rates were that low. The rates here are around 5,000.00 per car per year.

Wade Randolph

It went from $5,673.00. to over $11.000.00. from last year to now.I`ve added a 2001 120" since then but I`ve also LOWERED my value of the other 2 cars.As I said before,in 19 years never a ticket or an accident and yet they still screw me.I realise rates are different in higher risk areas but I`m in a city of 350.000 I would hardly call it a big city.We are finding it harder every year to find a Company that are willing to take Limousines here in Canada,I think there is now only one Broker who will handle it and I bet they are loving it.Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it,so called {UNLICENSED} competitors cutting your throat for a few bucks,the long and shitty hours.....Ah well, maybe it`s time to think about retiring.Again, I`M PISSED OFF