View Poll Results: when the car came in for repair 3 months ago, no fault codes were given by the scanner. I managed t

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

Thread: Air ride(on rear of 94 town car 120")

If the rear air bags/air springs haven't been replaced then you probably have a leak in the bags. They are probably dried out if they are original and you should replace both of them. If the car sits level empty, it is probably only a matter of time before they fail. Oh, you should hear the air bag compressor pumping when you put people in the rear, if you don't then thats your problem, but if you hear it then it is probably your air bags/springs. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain to replace. I've done it on 2 1994 stretches. Good Luck.

When the pumps get old, they weaken sometimes. On the four-wheel airlift systems on other Lincolns, they become unable to lift the front end due to engine weight.

Actually,the pump does not weaken,the air dryer becomes plugged and not enough air gets through to the suspension bags,try a new dryer first its a helluva lot cheaper than a pump but I would suspect a hole in a bag.

Actually,the pump does not weaken,the air dryer becomes plugged and not enough air gets through to the suspension bags,try a new dryer first its a helluva lot cheaper than a pump but I would suspect a hole in a bag.If the pump is noisy your dryer is plugged.

I had an older 100 in. that I replaced everthing and still had problems. I finally removed the air bags and replaced them with springs, (not really a big project) then I put a set of air schocks on it and put a little 12 volt air pump made for pumping up tires in the trunk. Problem solved car rides level all the time and the driver rarely has to adjust the air shocks. I disconnect the air intake hose off the pumps on my cars and give the pump a shot of wd40 every now and then, (you can tell the differance) and then just reconnect the hose it only takes a minute.

Jack Williams