Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about advertising with Limos.Com

Phil,
    I agree, the closing % is much higher if I can get the prospective client on the phone. The email communication for those that do not provide a phone number is too impersonal. However, I have found that if I am able to continue communicating via email (including website address in all emails) for those clients whose dates are perhaps a month or more in the future, at some point they will provide me with a phone number. I am a strong believer that personal attention is more effective and closes the deal much easier than an email.

Originally posted by Limo Insurance King:
    Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea. Those of you that are closing 10% +/- of your leads, are these via e-mail or are they also via telephone? If you are closing leads via e-mail you are doing great. It is hard to get someone to buy from an e-mail, yes price has something to do with it, but I dont thing many ppl buy something like this from an e-mail unless they were sold.
    Jennifer
    Diamond Limousine

Originally posted by Limo Insurance King:
    Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea. Those of you that are closing 10% +/- of your leads, are these via e-mail or are they also via telephone? If you are closing leads via e-mail you are doing great. It is hard to get someone to buy from an e-mail, yes price has something to do with it, but I dont thing many ppl buy something like this from an e-mail unless they were sold.
    10% on Internet/email leads.

Some leads have phone numbers, and those are the ones that I most often close.

FredG-

You must bid for direct (exclusive) phone calls. You pick your area code and provide what you will pay to have a call sent directly to you from LDC. The high bidder gets the call.

You must bid for direct (exclusive) phone calls. You pick your area code and provide what you will pay to have a call sent directly to you from LDC. The high bidder gets the call.
    We had to discontinue that service as the equipment that ran it was not reliable -- the last time we run a technical operation out-of-house vs inhouse. We are going to redo it so we can control the system and implement customer requests - the old system didn't allow it.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Blog Entries

I just got everything processed... Premier Limousine of Dayton is now a Limos.com advertiser.

Originally posted by Viperion Corporation / Limos.com:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aloha Limousine:
    Yes, I understand now, no kind of unification except that your names all pop up on the same page when prompted. But are the advertisers obligated to keep their limos.com advertised price? Or, after the customer calls or emails the referrals back, any company can lower his or her price even more to secure the job?
    Post one more stupid thing and your done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!! Let em know what's up, and if they do get im! lol...

Why in the world are we wasting time reposting what Aloha Limousine asked in NOVEMBER 2005????

Who cares??????????????????
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Originally posted by Limo Scene:
    Why in the world are we wasting time reposting what Aloha Limousine asked in NOVEMBER 2005????

Heyyyyy there lol. That response was funny. I didnt even pay attention to the thread content.

Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by Limo Scene:

Just because you read this two years ago makes it no longer relevant to us??

Looks like a newbie bumped a thread which has a very relevant question, so post an answer or click the back button.

Your question "who cares" really only applies to YOUR post.
    -------------------------------------
    "I'll come through in something cleaner than you with new plates"

Fred, wake the hell up! Think of the forum as a conversation in progress. You know, when people speak to you, they finish and you speak. Only try to be reasonable and intelligent when you do by first analyzing what was last said before you respond.

J. Paul White posted a quote which asked a question from 2005. NOT the relevance of the percentage of closed leads from Limos.com, the question was - summarized - "Can I be a low-baller with limos.com clients?". Well of course you can set your price at anything you damn well please. Why ask Michael for permission to become a discounter?

I was responding to the most recent post by White which reposted as a quote. Even he saw the humor in what I wrote.

And you, Newbie, trashed me by saying who cares what I post. Obviously you don't have a clue......

If you are going to join in here, you might want to take a look at some of my other posts and the commendations I have received here from people grateful for my dispensing of free industry advice that helps operators. I feel in general that it is my contributions to the industry here on the forum, as a writer for LCT Magazine, as a speaker/trainer at industry events, a private consultant and a recipient of the Operator of the Year award from both industry magazines that my posts are generally appreciated. I don't appreciate your smart-ass comment and you are now dismissed to go back to sleep.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Big Dawg, The Grand Master at Limos.com
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

NEWB?

There is only one person on these boards allowed to rub the Big Dawg's hair backwards!
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Yes, Gunny - we agree on this issue!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Member Limo Padawan

I apologize for rubbing the big dogs hair backwards.

I didn't know that he was such a respectable member of the limo community, but I hardly think I "trashed" you. Theres no need for the essay. My point is that this thread is supposed to be informational so lets both try and keep useless rants to a minimum for everyones sake.

-------------------------------------
    "I'll come through in something cleaner than you with new plates"

Your question "who cares" really only applies to YOUR post.
    This was NOT nice. But apology is accepted and lets move on. Or is it "move out" Gunny?
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA