Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about advertising with Limos.Com

I wanted to find out from other operators what their closing percentage was off of leads from limos.com. Please be honest, and if you can give me an idea of amount of leads you get to the amount of revenue produced, that would also be greatly appreciated too!

Your question should be "How much business do you get from Limos.com" -- our business is NOT just about email leads as your question alludes - its about website clicks, telephone volume, and for those enrolled in LeadbyPhone, incoming phone calls. This is the TOTAL benefit of our service. Emailed leads are now only 1 part of a larger equation.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

You are correct. But I want to ask others what they are closing off of the leads they are getting.

About these emailed leads, is the same lead emailed to ALL the customers local limos.com members? I spoke with a member who states this and says he is getting "undercut" by other local competitors? Shouldnt the leads be dispersed evenly to bring the Limo community together instead of throwing a peice of raw meat in the middle of us? Of course there is a lot more to being a member but this subject being the main concern of mine also.PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE BEEN MISINFORMED. I too, am contemplating membership and am curious to hear members responses. Mahalo!

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE BEEN MISINFORMED. I too, am contemplating membership and am curious to hear members responses. Mahalo!
    You are misinformed but thats OK - many are. The customer picks and chooses which company; we don't. We don't distribute leads to whomever we feel like it.

Do you visit Travelocity? Expedia? Its the same thing. You pick and choose which hotel/airline/rental car companies you're interested in. If the client picks two companies, two companies get the lead. If they pick 8, 8 get the lead. The average lead spread is 4 services.

With our LeadByPhone service, only ONE company gets the call.

The companies presented are based on the customer's search criteria; if they are searching for a Stretch SUV 3 hour rental, ONLY those companies who offer Stretch SUV's AND offer 3 hour service are presented.

Obviously this is to get the best quality clicks, leads, and telephone calls - only searches which match your service (vehicle, hrs, service, etc.) are made visible.

The average submission is 20%. That means for every 10 people that eyeball your listing, only 20% of them will submit anything. The other click, call, or leave.

Unlike Google or Yahoo clicks which are unqualified - our clicks/leads/calls are pre-filtered to match your service offerings.

For example, lets assume you have a Baltimore limo service and have sedans and stretches.

Someone types in "Baltimore limo service" at Google and clicks on your PPC ad costing you 50 cents. They hit your website and are looking for a Bus or Hummer. They leave seeing you don't have those cars. Or you have those cars and have a minimum 8 hours wherease they only want 2 hours. PPC generates unqualified clicks. We generate qualified clicks/leads/calls.

Hope this helps.
    ~ M

I do not see how I was misinformed. The customer is calling all the companies you give and members are undercutting the quoted price to get the job. I do understand how it is like expedia but you dont get a chance to talk the airlines down on the quoted price. Of course, the customer will choose the cheapest quote. Why cant they be individually dispersed if your rules clearly state that a member must respond? I was kinda hoping on more than an online yellow page ad but more of a limousine union.

Originally posted by Aloha Limousine:
    I do not see how I was misinformed. The customer is calling all the companies you give and members are undercutting the quoted price to get the job. I do understand how it is like expedia but you dont get a chance to talk the airlines down on the quoted price. Of course, the customer will choose the cheapest quote. Why cant they be individually dispersed if your rules clearly state that a member must respond? I was kinda hoping on more than an online yellow page ad but more of a limousine union.
    Sorry we cannot create the fantasy world you want where customer's don't care about price. Business is competitive no matter which industry you operate from - for some price is the main consideration - for other's its service.

We've found that companies who focus on price respond in that fashion and hence, fulfill their own self-fullfilling prophecy by doing nothing but by advertising price.

If you want a world where there is NO COMPETITION, we certainly can't help you. If you want a world where business is dropped in your lap without no effort put forth, again, we can't help you.

At some point you have to sell your service based on its merits; not based on its price.

Selling is a process of multiple contacts, not a single solitary event. Those who understand this can sell anything at any price. Those who don't, complain about not being able to sell because their only selling point is weak: Price.

A company with 22 positive reviews and a professional and customized response letter will always outbook the lower priced service. Of course, this is hard: Its easier to respond with a "$55/hr call us". Those who want to focus on price get stuck with those types of customers; customers who only care about price and not the quality operation you run.

Union isnt a fantasy world but a fair world. You can make sure that our prices all are the same but yet competetive with the outside "world". So my question is now officially the same as Mikes: " How much are the members making off these leads each year?"

You can make sure that our prices all are the same
    You really don't understand as evidenced by the above statement.

Your looking for a brokerage clearinghouse that controls prices and controls customers.

Limos.com is not that: We're an targeted advertising service much like Yahoo, Google, Yellow-Pages et. al.

If you want price control, I suggest any dime-a-dozen networks that pop up every 2 weeks.

http://limos.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/87860633.../882103837#882103837

A similar discussion last year.

I found in my area that most leads were from price shoppers.And they were getting quotes from low ball companies that would undercut prices in a heartbeat.The shoppers were even offering to pay less than the low prices they got. If you are a company that offers low prices you will make money on limos.com.

We are certainly not the least expensive in our area and we book plenty of trips from Limos.com. Do we book every single lead emailed to us? No!! And I don't want to.

I don't want to book every trip emailed to me from Limos.com. I want to book the profitable ones who will pay my price. Is that worth spending a few dollars on other leads that don't work out - heck yes! These are customers who are actively in the market shopping for my service. Much better usage of advertising dollars than random ads in the newspaper, direct mail, radio, etc in terms of targeting a immediate buyer of your services.

I am happy to let someone with a lowball price take the lowball job. We stay booked up - why worry about losing some lowball customer? I want my vehicles to go out and make money, not just keep a chauffeur busy for 5 hours.

Limos.com has plenty of tips for closing leads. They are great tips. Use them.

One other comment: We advertise in multiple cities on limos.com. I have noticed that the close rate varies by city. Assuming two cities with different median incomes and the same number of leads per month, the city with the lower median income will definitely book fewer trips in terms of percentages. Just something to be aware of.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Thank you Tx, I cant believe these lowballers can afford a computer, let alone, working vehicles. Seems that a little more regulation of these undercutters that are members here would be implemented. Any customer would prefer the lower price because this website portrays all the companies as equal competitors. Why couldnt you disperse the leads individually? What is happening here seems like a gladiator pit, with only limos.com as the spectator to watch us battle over customers? Not a community as I so-called "fanatasize" about.

Aloha, I am in no way a low baller nor do I undercut prices,as a matter of fact I have been told by customers that my prices were the highest they got.

Have you tried to get quotes from limo companies on limos.com in your area? You may be surprized at how low they actually are are.I was in my area,and when I didn't reply I received even lower prices as a follow-up to the original request.

When a customer gets 4-5 companies emailing them ,each one cheaper than the other.They know that the are in charge and can get a deal .

Senior Member Limo Padawan

What is happening here seems like a gladiator pit, with only limos.com as the spectator to watch us battle over customers?
    Aloha,

You seem to be a little off the mark. You should try out limos.com before you cast judgment. Limos.com as been a key component in the tremendous growth my company has experienced over the last 2 1/2 years. Think of the value of securing a customer!!!??? Even if you secure 1 in a 50... you are doing great. My business has exploded so I am not as focused or reliant on limos.com any longer, however I remember squeezing every lead quote email 1 and follow up 2,3,4. It sure beats staring at the phone waiting (or praying) for it to ring. I've said it before and I'll say it again GREAT JOB Limos.com and Thanks!

Marcus
    Marcus Rosen
    Hamilton Limo
    mrosen@hamiltonlimo.com

Have you tried to get quotes from limo companies on limos.com in your area?
    Submit a fake inquiry and your dismissal from the forum will be swift and prompt. Please don't waste own advertiser's time by generating fictitious leads that only serve to lower the integrity of our service, not to mention the waste of our advertiser's time.

Obviously Aloha our service isn't for you since the only thing you care about is price and operating in a vacuum. Do yourself a favor and join a network where price control is the name of the game. Either that, or move to Tampa Florida or France where liberal regulations are the norm.