Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Associations: B.S. Leadership

NEWS FLASH:

Talk about leadership and the kind of associations the NLA lends it's support to. The West Florida Livery Association, V.P. has been arrested in Tampa FL. on a felony charge for writing bad checks. This individual has been a large vocal supporter of the local regulatory agency.

The members of that association better do an aduit of their dues with this felon running the show. Here is my question for Fran Shane. Why does the NLA turn its back on operators who fight for their right to earn a living, and at the same time throw their support to associations run by felons?

Originally posted by LimoKnight:
    NEWS FLASH:

Talk about leadership and the kind of associations the NLA lends it's support to. The West Florida Livery Association, V.P. has been arrested in Tampa FL. on a felony charge for writing bad checks. This individual has been a large vocal supporter of the local regulatory agency.

The members of that association better do an aduit of their dues with this felon running the show. Here is my question for Fran Shane. Why does the NLA turn its back on operators who fight for their right to earn a living, and at the same time throw their support to associations run by felons?
    At the Ad Hoc meeting last year this individual spoke in reverent favor of the Public Transportation Commission as the tool to keep the slugs out of the Industry.

The arrest report shows the he was busted for writing bad paper in excess of $150.00 a 3rd degree felony punishable by up to 5 years incarceration. Of course it is doubtful that it was a rubber check issue that could of been taken care of immediately with restitution. Something off the wall had to happen for the Payee to file a felony complaint.

He who lives in glass houses...........
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Bad checks often indicate that an operator is running below cost or living way past his means.
    Dean Schuler

Today March 15,2006

GOLA the Orlando Association recieved it's termination orders from the Orlando Airport. Victims of their own demise.

I hope they enjoyed paying all those protection fees, only to be put OUT OF BUSINESS by the GOLDEN COW they worshiped.

Oh how good regulation is for this industry. Mr. Regulator please! please! charge me thousands for the basic right I have to conduct my business.

Will the last limousine left in Orlando, please turn off the lights.

Originally posted by LimoKnight:
    Today March 15,2006

GOLA the Orlando Association recieved it's termination orders from the Orlando Airport. Victims of their own demise.

I hope they enjoyed paying all those protection fees, only to be put OUT OF BUSINESS by the GOLDEN COW they worshiped.

Oh how good regulation is for this industry. Mr. Regulator please! please! charge me thousands for the basic right I have to conduct my business.

Turn out the lights
    The party is over

Think a bunch of Operators looking at losing hundreds & hundreds of thousand George Washingtons would at least pool $$$ together & try something in the courts or at least have the gonads to align with the cabbies and pull a weekend walk-out.

COWARDS deserve every slam received!

MEARS RULES!!!!

I will no doubt see them April 9th at 5:30 P.M. at the Association President's Seminar at the Limo Digest Show.
    Dean Schuler

It's not so much that WFLA and FGTA are puppets for anything - it's more that they are run not necessarily for the benefit of their members as a whole, but for the few larger companies (note current/past presidents of these associations).

Sure they lobby the tourist bureaus, sure they get requests for big group moves - but who REALLY benefits (the company owned by the individual in charge, followed by their cronies, and maybe with a few crumbs dropped to a small member or two every once in a while)

State regulation isn't high on their agenda because it'll give the smaller operator a more even footing. The way it stands now, only the big 300 lb. gorilla can afford to pay for hearings/consideration and permits in each and every county or municipality that wants their share of your pie.

With over 300 companies in Hillsborough & Pinellas alone - what they'd really like is to push you out of your stretch and into the poorhouse so there is even more pie overflowing their own already heaping plate. <span class="ev_code_RED">Greedy SOBs...</span>

Sapphire, I spoke at a Florida meeting a few years ago. When I told the members what it would cost in legal fees and time to overturn the current system, they seemed dispirited. You have to be willing to pay the price to set things right.
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    Sapphire, I spoke at a Florida meeting a few years ago. When I told the members what it would cost in legal fees and time to overturn the current system, they seemed dispirited. You have to be willing to pay the price to set things right.
    Yeah but there is always one dummy willing to take it on for the masses regardless of sacrifice & I see him every morning while shaving.

Freedom Isn't Free!!!

I am no different Gunny ! And I never have liked limo civilians.... if you are unable to hit or field properly in Major leaque Baseball they run you out of the game .
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    I am no different Gunny ! And I never have liked limo civilians.... if you are unable to hit or field properly in Major leaque Baseball they run you out of the game .
    Maybe it's ingrained into our psyche as no civilian could ever fathom.

At this meeting they admit nothing ! I will deal with them tomorrow...
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by gunny:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LimoKnight:
    Today March 15,2006

Turn out the lights
    The party is over

Think a bunch of Operators looking at losing hundreds & hundreds of thousand George Washingtons would at least pool $$$ together & try something in the courts or at least have the gonads to align with the cabbies and pull a weekend walk-out.

COWARDS deserve every slam received!

MEARS RULES!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still haven't heard if Orlando Operators are going to stage a meaningful rally to fight this good ole boy corruption.

They should allow the Mexicans to show them how to protest!

Awhile back I posted that David Shaw President of the West Florida Livery Association (WFLA) stood in front of the regulatory agency in Tampa supporting that insurance liablity for sedans be raised to 1mil. I briefly scanned the minutes of meeting conducted this month & it looks as though the 1mil will become a reality.

No reasoning other then this is a move pushed & supported by stretch/sedan operators to raise the operating costs of sedan only operators.

Originally posted by gunny:
    Awhile back I posted that David Shaw President of the West Florida Livery Association (WFLA) stood in front of the regulatory agency in Tampa supporting that insurance liablity for sedans be raised to 1mil. I briefly scanned the minutes of meeting conducted this month & it looks as though the 1mil will become a reality.

No reasoning other then this is a move pushed & supported by stretch/sedan operators to raise the operating costs of sedan only operators.
    What is your current requirement and what do you recommend?