Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: Florida Associations: B.S. Leadership

  1. #1

    Default

    Where is the Leadership of the West Florida Livery Association and the Florida Ground Transportation Association when a few courageous limousine owners single handedly take on the regulatory nightmare called the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission? Three major lawsuits are pending and only dead silence arises from Associations who are supposed to represent the interests of the Limousine Industry.
    These two Tampa Associations are nothing more than talking Taxi Heads who have sold out their members to the Taxi Cartel in Tampa. While the Limousine Industry crashes and burns in Tampa, the limousine association leadership remains silent. Useless puppets whose strings are pulled by the TLPA. These same puppets are against a statewide permit and would never allow one to pass. Who do they represent, Taxis or Limousines? To get the full story and the truth, log on to www.hcptc.com

  2. #2
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Where is the leadership? They are in hiding. Guy Mongello president of the FGTA and founding member of the 34 member strong WFLA wrote a letter about the Steiner situation to LCT Magazine that was published in Aug 2004 and was promptly B--ch Slapped on the hcptc.com site. He and the other large influential operators of whom none are located in Hillsborough know the "Partys Over"! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LimoKnight:
    Where is the Leadership of the West Florida Livery Association and the Florida Ground Transportation Association when a few courageous limousine owners single handedly take on the regulatory nightmare called the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission? Three major lawsuits are pending and only dead silence arises from Associations who are supposed to represent the interests of the Limousine Industry.
    These two Tampa Associations are nothing more than talking Taxi Heads who have sold out their members to the Taxi Cartel in Tampa. While the Limousine Industry crashes and burns in Tampa, the limousine association leadership remains silent. Useless puppets whose strings are pulled by the TLPA. These same puppets are against a statewide permit and would never allow one to pass. Who do they represent, Taxis or Limousines? To get the full story and the truth, log on to http://www.hcptc.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  3. #3
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    What happened Anthony? Someone peed in you Wheaties? It took you over 7 weeks to respond to this post. Guy Mongello, a founding member of the WFLA and former owner of Paradise Limousines now owned by Dave Shaw the President of the WFLA. Paradise Limousines is located in Pinellas County as with the majority of WFLA members. In fact only 5 are located in Hillsborough. A little secret shhh, the minimum rates only apply in Hillsborough. There are operators in Pinellas bringing passengers to Tampa at $25--30 and returning them at the PTC minimum rate. So when "out of county" Mongello pushes to raise the minimum rate, it only effects the Hillsborough operator in the entirety. Hell keep raising that minimum, the consumer will eventually tire of the high rates and find an alternative. Like CABS!!!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Three major lawsuits are pending and only dead silence arises from Associations who are supposed to represent the interests of the Limousine Industry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Apparently you did not read the 2003 HCPTC meeting minutes where Mongello appeared at least once, maybe more in support of the HCPTC's enforcement of minimum rates and operation standards. It may be in opposition to what you wanted to hear, but I wouldn't call it dead silence. Don't come here and spew mis-statements so easily challenged. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Where is Guy Mongello? He used to show up here daily when there was a big fight with the FLA down in Miami a few years back ... I'm surprised he hasn't responded.

    Didn't he post under Big P***y Pompensiero?
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

  5. #5
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    OK Anthony, I apologize for the Wheaties remark. You came on fairly strong and I figured you had a bad day. Yes Mongello has gone before the HCPTC on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately not to speak for the operators but to push his own agenda. Not as an operator located within the area, but as an outside force on his own quest. Not to question the legality of rules being opposed to the in courts but as a defender of the HCPTC. A big headache for the PTC attorneys is if the PTC can legally regulate or restrict operators engaged solely in intrastate travel pursuant to Fl Statutes. As a President of a ground transportation organization one would think that Mongello would raise some questions . David Shaw should be questioning the PTC if the membership is being unduly regulated instead of making an appearance after suits were filed to publicly praise the Commissioners and slap himself on the back for a "Super Bowl" performance years earlier. Not a peep about unlawful regulation and violations of Statutes from these individuals who have been involved long enough to know the laws and the only thing that they seem to be good at is placating (kissing ass) the HCPTC to protect their own interest. You obviously prefer the business protection offered by agencies such as the PTC in much the same way cabbies do and for the same reasons. Myself, if I believe something is wrong I do not support it or that person and I'll be damned if I allow an agency or Commissions that I have no vote on appointing regulate my business affairs in the entirety as the rules and permit process far exceed "public safety". Understand this, many operators running sedans are former cabbies who decided to break away and become independents. They operate TC's and Caddys because they have no choice and are classified as limo operators in name only. And they run at whatever price they can get the job for. And your expert opinion really doesn't matter as it is just that, an opinion! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    I see your strategy is to never directly answer a rebutal to the exaggerated/false claims you keep posting here. Go ahead, ignore the fact that a rebuttal was posted to the claim that they did not remain silent. Just post some more personal attacks and avoid the issue.

    I seriously doubt a legit limo company is charging $25 to $30 for an airport transfer. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some small operators who do so, and who will most likely be out of business in a year or two. Ah, the free market system you are fighting so fiercely to protect! It is efficient isn't it?

    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunny:
    What happened Anthony? Someone peed in you Wheaties? It took you over 7 weeks to respond to this post. Guy Mongello, a founding member of the WFLA and former owner of Paradise Limousines now owned by Dave Shaw the President of the WFLA. Paradise Limousines is located in Pinellas County as with the majority of WFLA members. In fact only 5 are located in Hillsborough. A little secret shhh, the minimum rates only apply in Hillsborough. There are operators in Pinellas bringing passengers to Tampa at $25--30 and returning them at the PTC minimum rate. So when "out of county" Mongello pushes to raise the minimum rate, it only effects the Hillsborough operator in the entirety. Hell keep raising that minimum, the consumer will eventually tire of the high rates and find an alternative. Like CABS!!!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Three major lawsuits are pending and only dead silence arises from Associations who are supposed to represent the interests of the Limousine Industry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Apparently you did not read the 2003 HCPTC meeting minutes where Mongello appeared at least once, maybe more in support of the HCPTC's enforcement of minimum rates and operation standards. It may be in opposition to what you wanted to hear, but I wouldn't call it dead silence. Don't come here and spew mis-statements so easily challenged. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  6. #6
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Guy Mongello operating as far as I can tell as a limo brokerage located some 105 north of Tampa has no right to poke his nose into the mess that he helped create. Completely different fight going on as the actions are directed towards the PTC and not trying to convince operators to support a "one permit" State registration. Nothing much Mongello can do or say with regards to the laws on the books.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperion Corporation / Limos.com:
    Where is Guy Mongello? He used to show up here daily when there was a big fight with the FLA down in Miami a few years back ... I'm surprised he hasn't responded.

    Didn't he post under Big P***y Pompensiero? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  7. #7
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Reviewing the meeting minutes of the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission and David Shaw, President of the WFLA stands up strutting his feathers and informs the commission that they should consider raising the minimum liability insurance requirements! As Raymonds dad would say, "Holy Crap!" Of course on the serious side, this is how it is done. Big operators push higher and higher regulatory fees and operating cost and drive mom & pops out of business and create a monopoly. Reason why local agencies should not be regulating the business. This operator/president is just blatant about it. And Florida laws do have set minimums but, as with everything else in this wonderful State, the counties make their own rules.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  8. #8
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Picture This:
    A Senate Delegation holding a meeting of proposed laws. All sitting on a stage in a very formal setting. They call the President of the WFLA who requested time to speak. And this association president walks up to the podium dressed in khaki pants and denim colored shirt. Yeah, a good impression for the industry he represents.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  9. #9
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Why has the Florida Associations been low keyed?

    Who really comes up with the regulatory B.S.?

    The Executive Director?
    The Politicians who meet once a month?
    The Taxicab owners?
    The leaders of the associations/limousine operators?

    A beautiful thing about lawsuits is called "Discovery" where we may gather facts and question the defendants under oath and threat of perjury.

    And all will be made public.

    What is rumored will turn factual.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  10. #10
    Senior Member JHJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Don't get your hopes up, Gunny. I'll share with you what an 80-year old judge said to me when I was a pup. He said that we should not administer oaths in legal proceedings because it is sacreligious. He added, after the oath is administered is "when the lying starts." In 36 years I've not seen much that would prove him wrong, especially when corporate executives and public officials are involved.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunny:
    Why has the Florida Associations been low keyed?

    Who really comes up with the regulatory B.S.?

    The Executive Director?
    The Politicians who meet once a month?
    The Taxicab owners?
    The leaders of the associations/limousine operators?

    A beautiful thing about lawsuits is called "Discovery" where we may gather facts and question the defendants under oath and threat of perjury.

    And all will be made public.

    What is rumored will turn factual. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    James H. Joseph
    Joseph Law Offices, P.C.
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhjoseph@joseph.law.pro

  11. #11
    Senior Member JHJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    622

    Default

    No suprise - most limousine operators think that dressing appropriately is what chauffeurs do.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunny:
    Picture This:
    A Senate Delegation holding a meeting of proposed laws. All sitting on a stage in a very formal setting. They call the President of the WFLA who requested time to speak. And this association president walks up to the podium dressed in khaki pants and denim colored shirt. Yeah, a good impression for the industry he represents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    James H. Joseph
    Joseph Law Offices, P.C.
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhjoseph@joseph.law.pro

  12. #12
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    We're expecting them to lie under oath, if you know what I mean?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JHJ:
    Don't get your hopes up, Gunny. I'll share with you what an 80-year old judge said to me when I was a pup. He said that we should not administer oaths in legal proceedings because it is sacreligious. He added, after the oath is administered is "when the lying starts." In 36 years I've not seen much that would prove him wrong, _especially_ when corporate executives and public officials are involved.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunny:
    Why has the Florida Associations been low keyed?

    Who really comes up with the regulatory B.S.?

    The Executive Director?
    The Politicians who meet once a month?
    The Taxicab owners?
    The leaders of the associations/limousine operators?

    A beautiful thing about lawsuits is called "Discovery" where we may gather facts and question the defendants under oath and threat of perjury.

    And all will be made public.

    What is rumored will turn factual. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  13. #13

    Default

    NEW VERSION SAME RESULTS


    Where is the leadership of the FLORIDA LIMOUSINE ASSOCIATION in Ft Lauderdale when only one courageous limousine owner has the guts to single handedly take on the regulatory bureaucratic pigs of the Miami airport, pigs that feed off small & large limousine owner revenue streams to satisfy the greedy Miami taxi owner who controls that airport. What a sad state this assocation is in when one owner from the largest limousine association in Florida looks to protect his rights and the association leadership panders to these airport THUGS, just because they attend association meetings and dole out a small meager parking area for limousines.

    This is just one more example of how the TLPA uses moles inside an association to maintain a taxi STATUS QUO. The director & vice director are both TLPA members, with a dual NLA affliation in charge of the largest Florida limousine association. These directors cloak themselves with good limousine intentions, but their actions shout TAXI. Why should one be a member of an association that leaves you hanging like a dangling CHAD. This association without resevation should have all of its resources behind this one member because the outcome will benefit all members of that association. Instead, we have pandering to regulatory bureaucrats who now pick our pockets dropping off passengers in addition to picking them up.

  14. #14
    Senior Member JHJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Hey - tell us how you really feel.

    Originally posted by LimoKnight:
    NEW VERSION SAME RESULTS

    Where is the leadership of the FLORIDA LIMOUSINE ASSOCIATION in Ft Lauderdale when only one courageous limousine owner has the guts to single handedly take on the regulatory bureaucratic pigs of the Miami airport, pigs that feed off small & large limousine owner revenue streams to satisfy the greedy Miami taxi owner who controls that airport. What a sad state this assocation is in when one owner from the largest limousine association in Florida looks to protect his rights and the association leadership panders to these airport THUGS, just because they attend association meetings and dole out a small meager parking area for limousines.

    This is just one more example of how the TLPA uses moles inside an association to maintain a taxi STATUS QUO. The director & vice director are both TLPA members, with a dual NLA affliation in charge of the largest Florida limousine association. These directors cloak themselves with good limousine intentions, but their actions shout TAXI. Why should one be a member of an association that leaves you hanging like a dangling CHAD. This association without resevation should have all of its resources behind this one member because the outcome will benefit all members of that association. Instead, we have pandering to regulatory bureaucrats who now pick our pockets dropping off passengers in addition to picking them up.
    James H. Joseph
    Joseph Law Offices, P.C.
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhjoseph@joseph.law.pro

  15. #15
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Sounds like the writer has the same intensity of feelings for the leaders of this local Florida Association as JHJ has for the NLA. Holy Crap! One of the board members of the NLA is the president of this association! Two other NLA board members have operations in this area. That's 3 of the 16 Continental US based board members are in the Miami area. No wonder why this state is so screwed up.

    JHJ is absolutely correct. The Limousine trade has the associations and representation it deserves. No Guts, No Glory..... All Talk and No Walk..... (The Operators)

    Word for the day: ENEMA
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •