Thread: Repair rear facia on Lincolns

I have been advised by a body shop that you cannot repair a gouge in the rear facia of a Lincoln town car. I think he is wrong. I think a little Two part and a little sanding, any surface can be repaired. He tells me you have to replace the whole Facia. I think he is just a parts replacer and not a body man. I need some input.

thanks

David E. Merrill

is lurking around, I seem to recall him telling me that he has a body shop at his garage and that they regularly sand, fill and paint bumper covers (which is what I assume you mean by a fascia). Perhaps he can tell us how far you can go in giving a facelift to the crummy bumper covers Lincoln puts on its post-1998 models.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Merrill:
    I have been advised by a body shop that you cannot repair a gouge in the rear facia of a Lincoln town car. I think he is wrong. I think a little Two part and a little sanding, any surface can be repaired. He tells me you have to replace the whole Facia. I think he is just a parts replacer and not a body man. I need some input.

thanks

David E. Merrill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com