Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: party bus insurance

hello im new to the biz.. i just bought a party bus off of ebay and called like 10 differnt insurance companys and no one wants to help me! can anyone recommend me some in pittsburgh?
    thanks

Phil Brun AkA Limousine Insurance KING.

He can make it happen, 502-893-2020

Good luck finding it. It will be very expensive!! The companies also look at the fact that your clients "can stand up" during your ride and with alcohol... that says BIG LIABILITY!! Plus, you'll pay more if you don't have prior "Commercial Insurance" experience with a zero on the loss run reports (ie. No Claims).

I've also noticed that people tend to power drink or drink excessively while on buses. More people, more problems, more chances of claims for injuries.

You can get the insurance (5 million dollar policy), but get ready to drop jaw on the price!

As a start-up you raise a ton of RED FLAGS when you buy a RETAIL EXPRESS VEHICLE. Showing the insurance company that you have highly trained chauffeurs will help over time. If the agent asks you what the tables in the bus are for please do not answer : " For the clients controlled substances ". Emphasize that the unit is multi-use and party is only part of the work it will do.
    Originally posted by shawna:
    hello im new to the biz.. i just bought a party bus off of ebay and called like 10 differnt insurance companys and no one wants to help me! can anyone recommend me some in pittsburgh?
    thanks
    Dean Schuler

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
    If the agent asks you what the tables in the bus are for please do not answer : " For the clients controlled substances ". [QUOTE]

recreational substance abuse is the purpose of the tables
    Providing insurance to the transportation industry since 1884.

Phil T. Brun
    Kiely, Hines & Associates Insurance
    800-295-1897 Ext. 2756
    502-569-2756 Direct
    pbrun@kielyhines.com

In your proposal to the insurance companies emphasize that you have researched your market and found a need for your minibus to do Lunch/Limo charters for corporations, Dine-A-Arounds for visiting groups and conventions, transportation for the opera, the plays, etc. Do not discuss the partying public. Think of all the high-end, good paying niches and put them in your proposal. Industrial tours are good too.
    Dean Schuler

Originally posted by shawna:
    thanks
    I'M IN DES MOINES, IOWA AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU FOUND INSURANCE FOR YOUR BUS?

I'm an agent in West Des Moines. I have party bus operators currently insured, and I have markets. If I can help you, please give me a call.
    Jon
    515-401-0237

Senior Member Limo Padawan vipentertainment's Avatar

call phil brun, he makes things happen. he is originally from ottumwa i think. he is curently sown south. look up limo insurance king on here
    Chad Ingwersen
    VIP Transportation
    www.viptransportation1.com

Moulton, IA, south of Ottumwa, near Bloomfield.
    Providing insurance to the transportation industry since 1884.

Phil T. Brun
    Kiely, Hines & Associates Insurance
    800-295-1897 Ext. 2756
    502-569-2756 Direct
    pbrun@kielyhines.com

Im going with Phil. He's getting me a quote as we speak. He will make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you start business.

Default don't be a downer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Diamond View Post
    Good luck finding it. It will be very expensive!! The companies also look at the fact that your clients "can stand up" during your ride and with alcohol... that says BIG LIABILITY!! Plus, you'll pay more if you don't have prior "Commercial Insurance" experience with a zero on the loss run reports (ie. No Claims).

I've also noticed that people tend to power drink or drink excessively while on buses. More people, more problems, more chances of claims for injuries.

You can get the insurance (5 million dollar policy), but get ready to drop jaw on the price!
    look if you did it that means someone else can too. the fact that your basically telling this newbie that he's in the wrong business is somewhat offensive. I can't stand this type of crap. remember the term if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? outside of an art critique i would rather not hear about the zit on my neck.

Blog Entries

What is offensive about that. It is the truth. It will probably cost a lot of money for insurance and it is very high risk.

Back in the day when I was in the business, the Lady who owns the Bridal shop bought a Trolley that she would offer to the people who bought from her. Great idea untill she found out that her insurance would run in excess of ten thousand a year. The last I knew the trolley is still sitting in a trucking company Garage down the road from me.
    Last edited by Earl Metcalf; February 20th, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Isnt that typical buy a limo before you have even checked if you can get insurance for it? lol
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: Party Bus for sale www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities inbetween - over 14,000+ customers and counting!

Blog Entries

It still cracks me up that people think having a bus will be easy money.... not the case at all.

Not slamming on this person for purchasing a bus, it's just SO different from running a limo.