Thread: 00' ROYALE LIGHTS CUTTING OFF WONT RESTART

So,
    We've got a 2000 Royale 120 giving us some trouble. ocasionally the dash lights and all accessories will shut off. If you shut the car off It won't restart. Now I've gotten under the hood with someone in the car trying to start it. If i move the underhood fusebox and shift the wires around it I can usually get it to come back on. Anynone have an Idea of If i need to replace the whole fuse box or the wiring harness. I think there must be a short somewhere in the system. What will it cost to replace the fusebox and wiring harness under the hood? I'm sorta lost here strange problem.
    Jared Scott

Default Electrical Problem

I read your explanation of the electrical problem that you were having. I have a 96 Royale and had a similar problem with it.

Now I cannot say for sure it's the exact same thing but what I found is that the draw on the battery from the back of the car was too much for the alternator to keep up with. Eventually the battery would get so low that the dashboard lights would go out, the air conditioning would shut off and all of the back end stuff would shut off.

I went through 4 brand new alternators in about 9 months. I even carried a spare battery that I would swap out after about 4 hours of running the car. Couldn't take a chance on shutting it off because I didn't know if would have enough power to start it up again.

I went to a huge deep cycle battery for the front only (under hood) added a 200 amp alternator and added a second huge deep cycle batter sitting on the passenger side floor just in front of the big circuit board that's specifically for the rear of the limo. Healed that problem.

If this sounds like it might work for you give me a call and I can explain in more detail.
    Thank god I have a brother in law that is a 35 year certified class A Ford mechanic or I would probably still be peeling the onion on that problem.

Good luck

alliancelimos 618-806-9580

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alliancelimos View Post
    I read your explanation of the electrical problem that you were having. I have a 96 Royale and had a similar problem with it.

Now I cannot say for sure it's the exact same thing but what I found is that the draw on the battery from the back of the car was too much for the alternator to keep up with. Eventually the battery would get so low that the dashboard lights would go out, the air conditioning would shut off and all of the back end stuff would shut off.

I went through 4 brand new alternators in about 9 months. I even carried a spare battery that I would swap out after about 4 hours of running the car. Couldn't take a chance on shutting it off because I didn't know if would have enough power to start it up again.

I went to a huge deep cycle battery for the front only (under hood) added a 200 amp alternator and added a second huge deep cycle batter sitting on the passenger side floor just in front of the big circuit board that's specifically for the rear of the limo. Healed that problem.

If this sounds like it might work for you give me a call and I can explain in more detail.
    Thank god I have a brother in law that is a 35 year certified class A Ford mechanic or I would probably still be peeling the onion on that problem.

Good luck

alliancelimos 618-806-9580
    My youngest brother is the audio guy and has suggested a deep cycle battery as well for ours-he claims what would help most is thicker battery cables.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Wow! You want to talk about bringing up a DEAD thread. The original post is from September of 2006.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Wow! Who pulled this from the dark ages? Think that car got washed out into the Gulf Last summer.

Had this same problemwith my 10 pack. I changed the whole wiring harness with fuse box and etc. Same problem came back a few months later. Than i took it to a locl shop they cleaned out the ports in the fuse box and made them tighter to stick the fuse into and no problems since!!!
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com